Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like about Roaring Heights?

I have the world, but for some reason I get bored after a few sim days, its quite unusual for me. So I thought, why not hear what you like?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2014
    The world itself is a little meh for me, but I do like the theme and all the objects that came with it.

My enjoyment of a game depends a lot on the sims I choose to play and the house they live in though, more than the actual world. So I'm having a great time in RH at the moment. I'm playing EA's Morgan family in a house I made for them, and they are fun. The guy has obviously had an affair as I played them for a couple of sim days and he suddenly had a son by another woman :lol:

I do like that it has all those places down the line of the beach - I changed some into Showtime venues, uni cafes, discos, bowling, LN bars etc and my sims have plenty of things to do when they visit.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like RH for its style, the beaches etc. So mainly for it's looks. I've run into some routing errors though, but not enough to keep me from playing there. I love the roller coaster venue a lot and I put that venue into LP when I play there.

But I like Lucky Palms better, so I go back and forth between them.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the art deco architecture and style throughout this world. I also love the beach and the strip of restaurants, venues, and homes along it. I've added a few high rises to it so it's sorta like Bridgeport without the routing issues and lag.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am moving my sim to RH today, and i want to try again. I am a little nervous that I might have some lag after a while due to my mods not being istalled anymore because of the update.
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like all of the different places where sims can go to hang out! Lots of bars, clubs, etc.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2014
    kiwi84 wrote:
    I am moving my sim to RH today, and i want to try again. I am a little nervous that I might have some lag after a while due to my mods not being istalled anymore because of the update.

What mods are you using? Twallan is no longer updating his, but he has given permission to others to do so. I use MC, DebugEnabler, Overwatch and Saver. Most of them have been updated to 1.67. I've just updated mine again. So far, they have worked.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Mylita wrote:
    kiwi84 wrote:

What mods are you using? Twallan is no longer updating his, but he has given permission to others to do so. I use MC, DebugEnabler, Overwatch and Saver. Most of them have been updated to 1.67. I've just updated mine again. So far, they have worked.

Mylita

Thank you very much for that recommendation, it helps. :D Problems with anything, tend to not be immediately noticeable with this game so I prefer to wait a bit for confirmation.

For anyone on a previous patch level, this thread was extremely informative: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/737946.page#11731949
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Mylita. I went in to give the world a try, but started to lag as soon as i started. Went in and checked the mods now, and got overwatch and wohooer. Errortrap was still on 1.66 as far as i could see. But i Guess they will have that too done soon!
  • Options
    LinaNPrixS2kLinaNPrixS2k Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I feel like this world has the most variety. You have nice beaches so you can incorporate a lot of content from Island Paradise, you have the strip where you can use a lot of Night Life content, and then there's still a lot of area more inland for you to build whatever else you might want. I even added a farm to mine and it doesn't seem too ridiculously out of place.

And if you don't like all of the Sim's having a retro look...they all look back to normal within a few generations anyway.

I really liked the architecture too. Its something different without being too gimmicky. I loved Midnight Hollow but it got old really fast. I haven't had that problem with RH.
  • Options
    addicted242addicted242 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Roaring Heights is probably my favourite town to play in right now. The style alone is enticing. My favourite decade has to be the 1920's or the Roaring Twenties hence the title of the neighbourhood, and though there are many things that I would have added I love the town regardless. Its visual aesthetics are gorgeous, and I very much enjoy the string of restaurants and bars along the beach. It's just pretty in general. I'm in the process of redecorating some lots and adding them into the world but I enjoy doing that unlike some other simmers. It's also not restricted to an age group and combines both the city and they suburbs so it's also good for large families. It has somewhat of a large map and it has a theme that's not corny and doesn't take away from game play. It combines 3 decades into one without having them clash. Some people may not like because it's tailored to a certain era but that's ok, the 20's (30's, 40's) is not for everyone.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's a couple of factors for me:

1. It's got a really nice beach area. I really hate landlocked towns, so this is a biggie for me.

2. I love its central business area, with the skyscrapers. Not a fan of small towns, so the urban feel really helps.

3. It's got plenty of room for farmland, which is a must-have for any Supernatural Sims of mine.

4. It looks (vaguely) like Oasis Landing, which I like for the simple fact that it makes it seem like my Sims really are travelling to the future, and not just some random town.

BUUUT, there's also plenty that EAxis got wrong. AGAIN. Namely, the lack of routable terrain (A good 90% of the land can't be built on). I'd love to know why they STILL haven't gotten this right. I've got a feeling Sims 4 isn't gonna be much better.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everyone for Your replies! I have got my mods updated and they Works fine, so i decided to give RH another try today. I am just trying to think out what storyline i want to play ( i always have a roleplay going on i my head while playing :)
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm going to do a Wishacy in Roaring Heights. After I finish updating the buildings, like the library (which was left completely unfinished!).
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love art deco architecture and currently find myself using the new paintings a lot in other worlds. I've not explored RH to the full yet but the new hairstyles work great with Elders even if you don't play the 1920s style and it's wonderful to finally have some new skyscrapers. :D The new Build objects are lovely and the world itself is gorgeous. I cannot tolerate lots with only base-game items and just have to redecorate, but most of them are nicely constructed with plenty of room to add Store/EP items.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2014
    it is a very nice world
    But! I am disappointed in some of the things, Like the Gym, It is a very large building, and has hardly anything in it, waste of space to me. Also the Library, Oh my gosh so big and so empty. Why such large building that take up so much space, and those tops, You have to pick them up and put them back down or you can hardly play.
    things are to big and such waste. It drives me crazy and I can't stay long. I like building that are useful not so large with nothing in it.
    it also has two gyms. I have a hard time getting use to it.
    Sorry, but it is just how I feel. My Sim would have to spend so much time just walking around the Gym and Library, just to get to something. when he could be doing something else.
    I would like to replace every city lot and put something else Maybe turn it in a small town feel. Don't know if that would wreck the game or not.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2014
    If I deleted all the buildings and replaced them with other buildings would that mess up the world.
    Do love the little beach area.