The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love wedding

It was pain to built an island with perfect views. Here several photos. I had to quit for the evening. The wedding first starting to rain, then hail came down pretty hard on them, then I turn off the hail. But got few other picture in Facebook in the My Sims 3 groups. Well here the first photo!

Wedding Park:
Screenshot-17_zps5b370f09.jpg

Screenshot-20_zpsdbf99cc7.jpg

Screenshot-22_zpsabf3a2e4.jpg

Screenshot-21_zps49d78b6f.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps8d4ed785.jpg

Screenshot-19_zps5cf34d5e.jpg

Wedding started! But what totally disaster was Fire Jr. birthday was same day...he age up twice which I forgot don't save. But he age up from infant to toddler, then age up from toddler to child. Oh well, just want to get it over with. LOL! But this mainly a wedding picture.

Lovingeachother_zpscb0a6bd9.jpg

wedding5_zpsf4f77ac4.jpg

I love how Purple smile!
gettingreadytocutthecake_zpse4726f53.jpg

Please enjoy this pictures!

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
I owned the store! Yahoo!

Comments

• Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited January 2014
    Aww I love her purple wings she is cute :mrgreen: Great job on the wedding venue :thumbup:
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks...took a lots of work, trying to make it looked perfect. It's gonna stay that way. I had a blast though, been at it since 1:30 pm this afternoon and didn't think the wedding ever get over with. I totally forgot to check both kids age...Pink's birthday coming up 2 sims day and at least Fire Jr. now a child. So good thing to skip the walking and talking. Well going to bed....been long day with my Sims..goodnight! I will check again tomorrow to see if anybody else like it!
  • Options
    StroopWafelStroopWafel Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for sharing. I loved the pictures. Absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    Smoothiequeen04Smoothiequeen04 Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    It's Really lovely. I'm glad you shared it with us . :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited January 2014
    Great pictures.

I wish we could get an actual wedding venue from the store. It takes so much time to place this stuff and make it look good.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2014
    You did a beautiful job on the venue :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks everybody...and yes it would be nice they did make a Wedding Venue from the store! ;)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    What a lovely venue! :) It's so beautiful :) Great work, and thank you for sharing it with us ^_^
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2014
    Great pictures.

I wish we could get an actual wedding venue from the store. It takes so much time to place this stuff and make it look good.

You could save a community lot with your wedding setup to the library and use it again. It won't work for having one at home or on an existing lot you might like to use, but it would save some time. I might do that myself, now that this thread made me think of it. I have edited a lot of community lots and saved them to replace the existing ones when I move my families to other towns in-game, since they don't move to my game starter saves of those worlds. Maybe I'll make a wedding lot to put on vacant lots in games.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Great pictures.

You could save a community lot with your wedding setup to the library and use it again. It won't work for having one at home or on an existing lot you might like to use, but it would save some time. I might do that myself, now that this thread made me think of it. I have edited a lot of community lots and saved them to replace the existing ones when I move my families to other towns in-game, since they don't move to my game starter saves of those worlds. Maybe I'll make a wedding lot to put on vacant lots in games.

Wow, what a brilliant idea! I should do that later on, never thought of that. :)
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2014
    Great wedding pics. I have become too lazy with weddings recently. I should really put more effort into it.
    Also I think that's a good idea to save a community lot just for weddings.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm lazy with weddings too. Mostly I just do private weddings. But if there are family members that should be there, I'll do a wedding party. But I don't do much decorating. I feel like, why should I spend hours setting up a wedding that will only last a few minutes, especially since the guests won't really care anyway. If I have one at home, they always go for the garden sprinkler, unless I have a stereo, then at least some of them will dance.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't think I can't upload this, cuz this venue is on water, and in Create a world I can make 30 x 30 lots and built a Wedding Park just for them ;) If so, I wouldn't mind creating on for all of you...but what I'll do is use the base games. That a way they don't have to worry about from the stores or expansion pack. If anyone want them, let me know and I can built a nice outdoor wedding area! :) Just remember it will be small park. :)
  • Options
    ArtisticmissT20ArtisticmissT20 Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful island wedding area. WOW! I build wedding places sometimes lol but I'm surely lazy with them, sometimes I get better at them but usually add just a buffet table, enough chairs for the guests, the arch, dining tables, a counter for the cake, and a radio. What a lovely couple too, grats to their marriage :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Beautiful island wedding area. WOW! I build wedding places sometimes lol but I'm surely lazy with them, sometimes I get better at them but usually add just a buffet table, enough chairs for the guests, the arch, dining tables, a counter for the cake, and a radio. What a lovely couple too, grats to their marriage :)

Thanks! It was fun...but went nearly nuts for while. First it was nice sunny morning til noon, everything fall in places. It was hailing, so wind up turn off the Hail. LOL! So they can get on with the wedding. But then forgot her son was aging up on same day of their wedding. LOL! But it fun and to much excitement! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Pugslover4, you could try uploading it. I don't have IP, so I don't know how it works, but it seems like you should be able to place the lot on land too.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Pugslover4, you could try uploading it. I don't have IP, so I don't know how it works, but it seems like you should be able to place the lot on land too.

I will upload it later, and hopefully it's work. Crossing fingers. But someone need to let me know if it work! ;) If not, I will make a nice wedding venue! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I totally forgot I had CAWS so I should check to see if the wedding park venue will work on land. :) If it does, you be the first to know...if not, I will built a wedding venue. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, I knew that what gonna happen..here several pics...you may have to get 64 x 64 lots. So you can do something I just show you in photos...

Before flatten lots:
    Screenshot_zps18c0d38b.jpg

After flatten lots:
    Screenshot-3_zps2f15b9ca.jpg

Unless you can, put a bridge to it and add few more things to it. I will make a new venue tonight or this weekend when I am not out looking for job. :)
    Screenshot-6_zps992d2b86.jpg

Let me know so I know how we can do this! ;)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    There is a cheat code to fix the elevation problem. Hopefully, someone will post it here.
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited January 2014
    How pretty! The lot looks very elegant.

Sunflower227 made a venue with the store set and with the base game to look like the one they advertised.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7121109

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7120794

I use it for all the weddings in my legacy and just change out the flowers and other details that I feel like.

901579_128135097379040_1408648888_o.jpg"width=640"

904051_128135344045682_1924571451_o.jpg"width=640"

1400657_183548451837704_1431927792_o.jpg"width=640"

860990_183549845170898_2133581021_o.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2014
    Your wedding pictures are lovely. I like staging/taking pictures of weddings too but because it's such a hassle I do not arrange such elaborate weddings often since EA does not have proper weddings. Although I suppose I do not take pictures that is exactly accurate either with no judge/etc to wed the couple, lol.

Carlston and Starr
    11ky1oi.jpg
    1zn8myc.jpg
    This lot came with GEN I believe, I just added to it.

Symjole and Tanya
    264kv1l.jpg
    mtv695.jpg
    e8ldt5.jpg
    4jtidi.jpg
    I used the Serenity venue for ST.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    QUESTION!? How did you guys get every one of the sims to sit on the chair, instead of standing in the way???
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    QUESTION!? How did you guys get every one of the sims to sit on the chair, instead of standing in the way???

I just tell my sims to get married and everyone makes their way to the chairs. You have to make sure that the chairs are spaced far enough apart so that sims don't get a route fail cuz then things get messy.

I tend to still have a couple that stand up or walk up onto the balcony, but I just have MoveObjects on and move them back down to the ground level.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2014
    pugslover what a beautiful venue you made. And what a day!! Rain , hail, fire and aging up. only thing missing is a death. :lol: . They should be able to withstand anything coming their way.

The last time I staged a wedding the bride left to go to work before she got married. Tried again the next day and she didn't show up at all. hmmm probably not a good omen. :shock: .
    I was peeved after all that work setting it up, I ended up just looking for another bride.

I hope your couple fares better. :D

edit. I just wanted to add that the pictures of the other weddings are very beautiful also. I know all the work and fuss involved. :thumbup:
    Laugh out loud. Often