Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited January 2014
    popstar7 wrote:
    xawi8n.png
    Hey all! :)

I just opened my new competition Stylista at Unbound here if anyone is interested in checking that out. Let me know if you guys want me to host it here too because I am unsure whether I should or not.

Ooh I'd love to join! How long do you think it will last? I have a trip in a few months and afraid that it might interfere. :?
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    edited January 2014
    popstar7 wrote:
    xawi8n.png

I just opened my new competition Stylista at Unbound here if anyone is interested in checking that out. Let me know if you guys want me to host it here too because I am unsure whether I should or not.

This looks so fun! I think you should post it here to, then more people will be able to see it.
    85k4x.gif

• Options
    GalaxyAlwaysGalaxyAlways Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    New simmie! Her name is Iris and she has blue hair. x3

ohtt.png

Download Link
    iwls1x.png
  • Options
    Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited January 2014
    zxk210.jpg

Love the black and white picture!
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Those are some lovely pictures. I haven't posted here in awhile. Here's some of my recent competition pics. I've been using lasummerb's editing tutorial for darker skinned sims. It's been really helpful.

Cyborg theme
    34j3v42.png

s4oxzd.jpg

fto9pu.jpg

Great pictures! Love the cyborg!
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    popstar7 wrote:
    xawi8n.png

Looks fun! Will be joining!
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tacha: Thank you! : )
    85k4x.gif

• Options
    GalaxyAlwaysGalaxyAlways Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really think you guys should consider joining Beech's comps On Location and Urban Chic!

Beech is an amazing host and these comps will be great for all skill levels! Why not give it a try? ^-^
    iwls1x.png
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    edited January 2014
    Woah, so I came back on the forums yesterday and there were so many new comps open! I was like "I wanna sign up for all of them!" But the sad reality is that I can't, it'd probably overwhelm me and I'd be up to my head in assignments! How do you guys choose whhich comps to sign up for? :? Should I still sign up for Beech's comps, even though everyone else is like super good? It intimidates me...
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cudan2 wrote:
    Woah, so I came back on the forums yesterday and there were so many new comps open! I was like "I wanna sign up for all of them!" But the sad reality is that I can't, it'd probably overwhelm me and I'd be up to my head in assignments! How do you guys choose whhich comps to sign up for? :? Should I still sign up for Beech's comps, even though everyone else is like super good? It intimidates me...
    OH GOD I KNOW RIGHT? I was only going to join one or two competitions but like a sudden BOOM of them all just APPEARED and I ReAllTY wAnt To jOIn them. I don't even have a gif to represent my feelings at this point, oml. saaDFAS.
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hope to see you guys join! Well I'm having some trouble because I am trying to make an officials thread but for some reason my banners aren't posting centered which is really bugging me because all the text has been centered in Photoshop so I'm not sure why they are posting like this. Anyone know how to help?

@Tay: I'm not so sure. But I could always send you assignments in advance if required :)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    EudinneEudinne Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Just some photos of my old sims, well I like creating sims, but I am not great at it, But you can tell me what'cha think of them :)

2ajavc7.jpg

2cnct8z.jpg

ifpowo.jpg

2hq5l5y.jpg

Sooo these are the photos that I have. The first one was named Neutral, the 2nd and 3rd I seriously don't remember, and the last one is Kindra Kraiser. Now I do have another picture of Kindra:
    210f152.png
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited January 2014
    popstar7 wrote:
    I hope to see you guys join! Well I'm having some trouble because I am trying to make an officials thread but for some reason my banners aren't posting centered which is really bugging me because all the text has been centered in Photoshop so I'm not sure why they are posting like this. Anyone know how to help?

@Tay: I'm not so sure. But I could always send you assignments in advance if required :)

I'll think about joining. :D
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited January 2014
    My mock for masterpiece, I'm really pleased with this one ^^

Mxaid.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't know why, but one thing I have the most trouble with are bodyshots. -.- Whenever I take one, it ends up being all pixely and horrible quality. You can barely see my model's face! How do people take such good quality bodyshots?
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cudan2 wrote:
    I don't know why, but one thing I have the most trouble with are bodyshots. -.- Whenever I take one, it ends up being all pixely and horrible quality. You can barely see my model's face! How do people take such good quality bodyshots?

DO you turn your screen ?. Make sure the lighting is really good, it isn't as important with face shots but bad lighting is the death of good body shot.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    lucycat101lucycat101 Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cudan2 wrote:

I'm going to assume that you press tab to take pictures, right? Well to make them better quality and to eliminate unused background spaces, press A and shift (or is it A and ctrl... whichever) and it will turn the camera angle so it is rotated sideways. The controls take time to get used to, but it does help with photo quality!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    DO you turn your screen ?. Make sure the lighting is really good, it isn't as important with face shots but bad lighting is the death of good body shot.
    lucycat101 wrote:
    I'm going to assume that you press tab to take pictures, right? Well to make them better quality and to eliminate unused background spaces, press A and shift (or is it A and ctrl... whichever) and it will turn the camera angle so it is rotated sideways. The controls take time to get used to, but it does help with photo quality!
    Thanks for the tips, guys! I'm getting better with my lighting, but I haven't tried changing the camera angle yet. I guess that's something I gotta test out tomorrow :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am so happy I have finally found a good male skin (I was using a female skin and painting on it). But I wanted one with abs ready made. I thought I would share my images:

It is a little pinkishs, however that is easily fixed, I love the skin texture and lips:
    DqgsXz4.png"width=650"

After a quick edit:
    ibIViNs.png"width=650"
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited January 2014
    He's yummy. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My new comp is up here now! Come join us :)

Stylista
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lol is it like comp season or something? There are so many new competitions to join :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone! I'm SO SORRY I poofed :( Moving was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be then I shortly found out I was pregnant :D Needless to say I haven't wanted to do much of anything these past few months because I had horrible morning sickness. I'm FINALLY starting to feel better and missing sims SO MUCH soooo I'm backk! I won't be on nearly as much as I was before but hiiii!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Congrats Brite! Can you believe we are at 160 pages? :o
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited January 2014
    thank you!! <33

i know! it's amazing!! :D i feel horrible for leaving :( i wish i could have been apart of everything xoxo