The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone have a lag free game?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    anorexicroxieanorexicroxie Posts: 13
    edited January 2014
    I don't have any lag at all. Everything is a breeze for me now. On my old computer, which had every setting on low when I played, the lag was sorta eh. Like 2/10. It wasn't that terrible either.

I'm really surprised that so many people are having issues with the world...

Scuba diving though - that's a whole other story. -.-
  • Options
    lukeschraderlukeschrader Posts: 248 New Member
    edited January 2014
    its a flash to get into ip and lag free so im not sure.I have 9 sims 3 games/add ons and some cc with lag free so idk
  • Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't have any lag at all except for the houseboat getting stuck (I just sold the stuff and moved to a house instead) but the NPC mermen don't have tails that I can see. In the beginning they did but it was only for the first game. Any ideas on how to fix it?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited January 2014
    My game is lag-free. I don't currently have Overwatch, but will reinstall it soon. I like how it deletes extra cars, turns off TV's, etc.

Also since installing Island Paradise, my game loads faster & shuts down much quicker than before.

I have all the EP's & stuff packs.

Could your lag be a ram problem? I have 8GB of ram & the game runs smoothly.

Good luck.

The problem with overwatch is it deletes your sims boats when it deletes the cars or atleast it did. I found this out by watching a Lets Play in Isla Paradiso and the person had this mod and found it very aggrevating.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited January 2014
    I get a lot of lag in ISP. I have 8gbs of ram,a quad processor and a GT 120 Nvidea with 1gb of memory.

I also have every ep,sp and own almost the entire store. All the store sets,premium content and worlds I own probebly doesn't help.
  • Options
    JpaulJpaul Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have a lag free game, except for Isla Paradiso.

Install overwatch and Errortrap. Kiss your lag goodbye. IP is a different beast, we'll have to wait for EA to fix it, or grin and bear our losses.
  • Options
    purplesparklezpurplesparklez Posts: 15
    edited July 2014
    smilies246 wrote:
    I have Overwatch installed as well, but I still LAG a lot!! and I know it isn't my computer cause Sunset Valley and other worlds are fine, but every few sim minutes it seems to lag, but around 3am in the night it doesn't lag much!

I have also noticed a lot of bugs as well with the map, when going to city hall my sim was running towards the road, then she did a U-turn, ran through the fence, then through the spanish resort (Through the walls and foundation!?) then through the bush, then BACK to the road, then she went into a car and went normal!! It was weird, she just went through the resort and back just to go to the road infront of her?? This is similar to University where on one of the buildings instead of going to the front they go to the far side then to the front! -_- hope it gets fixed!!! I remember they fixed Bridgeport (about 1-2years later) but please hurry with Isla Paradiso EA!!!

There is no lag at 3am because that is the time overwatch fixes all the routing problems. I have heard that EA rushed through IP and left some bugs in the game but I don't know if its true or not. I do know that there is a fixed Isla Paradiso world not made by EA but apparently it works.

As of the running around I believe that that is an issue within Isla Paradiso itself therefore you can get the fixed version if it concerns you that much. The lag also might be due to (this refers to about the 3am time) cc if you use it. Also, the fact that Isla Paradiso is a fairly big world and it might be you ram etc that is working had so it causes lag...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Delete the Scott family. Also, get the Overwatch mod and the ErrorTrap mod by Nraas idustries. They are completely safe and help my sims game when it comes to lag. Just make sure to install it correctly if you've never worked with mods. Oh, and make sure to download the resource.cfg file and put it in the mods folder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mzzvixen wrote:
    I have a new computer, not even 6 months old

it can play any game and not even touch half the machines power,

Intel Core i7 3930K - 6 core at 3.9GHz
    ASUS P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard
    32 gigs of Ram
    dual EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Superclocked

so I know it's not my machine,

I only lag on Isla Paradiso it's unplayable, - all sims including mine will freeze, but background sounds and environmental stuff will still be working (rain falling, plumbo's spinning, water lapping the shore etc)

I don't have Overwatch working, I think it's because I have my game symbolic linked to a different hard drive that Overwatch and MasterControler won't work on my machine. I've installed it (Overwatch and MasterControler ) correctly and asked the programmer and he they said it might be from my having the symbolic link.

So am out of luck there, but shouldn't have to find outside help to fix a bought and paid for game

I have mods, but doubt that everyone who has problems all have the same mod(s) to cause the lag. The mods work with the symbolic linked as do the other programs I have linked.

I've tried the delete family idea - no luck

I also had constant CTD while playing Midnight Hollow, but no problems playing University or any other neighborhood.

If you want the mods to work, get the Resource.cfg file by downloading it and put it in the mods folder (not packages, mods). It gets stuff in the packages folder to work. They ONLY work if you have the file.