Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we please have a patch to fix the Band Gigs, please sign if you would like that too.

:mrgreen: Not sure if I could figure out how to add signatures if anyone actually does support the request, but I'll sure try.

Dear Gurus,
Could you please bring this issue to the Powers That Be?
I am aware that there are Mods that address this issue, but I would like it
to be fixed officially.
I really did start playing the game for the Bands, and although I do enjoy the many other wonderful aspects of the game it is disappointing and frustrating that this
does not work.
Many other difficult and seemingly impossible challenges do have some 'work arounds',
[the Guitar Star challenge --stay in the cooking career long enough, eventually you get enough 'work ops' to complete that], the photo skill challenge has enough collections so that the broken ones don't matter, but 1,000's [yes, really 1000's] of game hours do not bring those 15 + 1 band gigs to complete the challenge.

I do not cheat in my game apart from using the building cheats, so I am unaware whether there is a cheat to make it happen, but I have tried every method I could track down on the forums.

I had only one success at this, and it was a crazy run with a four Sims household, each with only one skill, that of their chosen instrument, and moving them constantly from world to world until they eventually got those 15, and the added one that made it register.

In my humble opinion, that was NOT playing the game. There was no fun, and I did it only to satisfy myself it could in actual fact be done.
I believe that we should have a fix that makes it doable by a single Sims household, that has a band, and as part of a properly played game.

Please believe me when I say I tried everything and please would you bring this
to the notice of the people who fix our game?

1. Grandmothergamer
2. Cinderellimouse
3. Faith12368
4. Nonni2010
5. ddutoit
6. RDEBRUIN
7. DawnRob
8. SimplySimazing
9. VanessaVenner
10.tallcoolone
11.Erja888
12.pofmuis44
13.matashjma
14.moefy
15.Writin_Reg
16.CelestiAliCat
17.BakingNerd
18.GreenCats
19.TeamCullen
20.Jessabean
21.oiswise
22.Liam-St-John
23.Joshua1696
24.elsievdm
24.TheFairyBug
25.mrlabean
36.masajo
37.Love2cook123
38.TnT_Terry
39.dducknbelle
40.mcsnjb
41.moongodess32
42.JazminAdore
43.Angel_D0109
44.CSIMSIE
45.SeriphinaFyie
46.GreenCats
47.MizoreYukii
48.duyguugudur
49.Msrednotdead
50.Jojo777
51.PuddinsPet
52.brivenes
53.Charicharn
54.AudreyFld
55.MeaganJo
56.alstromeria
57.LiandaVanZyl
58.Majestyk
59.Brighty
60.TheCookieKC
61.bethp62
62.Faith05201
63.Idontrcall
64.Loobylou1985
65.tammyjo329
66.XxHannelorexX
67.Reachsims
68.bekkasan
69.NiniBeMe69
70.Kateoverend
71.Aoralys
72.JodiRebby
73.Lissykin
74.CravenLeStat
75.Faith05201
76.MiwaPRO
77.ADWilson
78.catloverplayer
79.bellechrissy
80.LovetehGeeks
81.BreeMiles
82.cassandrastryffe
83.VannaRed
84.sunshineza
85.jillbg
86.Moonstruck1
87.JeanYvesKincade
88.lovesstorms
89.LaBlue0314
90.TEXASKITTYKAT
91.60smusicluvr
92.aprim
93.DarkMirage
94.BreeMiles
95.creepsymusic

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    HEY YOU!!! :D

It's nice to find you on the forums! *hugs*

Of course I'm signing!!!

(To add signatures just 'edit' your opening post and list the names at the bottom of the post)

I actually got a mod to fix this and it hasn't worked yet. So we really need a guru fix on this one! It's not like it's a small feature either! It's a bit of a game braker, my current sim's profession is as a musician in a band (not employed in the music career) and it's a bit pathetic because he NEVER GETS GIGS!!! Fail! *cries*

edit to add: I did mention it to SimGuruSarah a while ago, and when I checked in, she said she'd passed it on to whoever deals with these things. :)
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2014
    hello you! I decided to check in and see if the thread actually posted, and here you are! Thank you. Thank you for telling me how to do the editing as well. Yup, I stupidly never thought to use my back up PC to access the forums, but it works, TG.
    The band gig thing has to be one of the most disappointing let downs we have in the game. I just really hope they don't let us down, and move on without giving us a fix.
    I feel there is no point in wailing about it if we don't first ask, and see what response we get.

Generally, we seem to have had a ton of stuff we want get attention, so the PTB's are listening to us, and that is wonderful.

Now we just need to hope the fix it team are as good as the Store creators team.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would love this, so sign me up! I had a great storyline going with the Band Sombre from Midnight Hollow and I had to leave it because they never got any gigs whatsoever. I set up a few pics of them playing in random bars, but they still had to have other jobs in order to make simoleans. So YES sign me up!! :thumbup:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Faith! What a great name for a band.
    So fitting for MH! *giggle*
    I have memories in my one dolls scrapbook from nearly 200 'days' ago of him playing gigs.
    Whenever I finally learn how, I will put one here.
    How about a pic of your band performing together?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm crossing my fingers it'll be in the next patch! I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Cinderelli!
    It's 2.51 am here, I just thought to look and see if anyone had signed up!
    What fun to catch you here!
    Now I need to learn what the link is for this thread so I can give it on my page!
    I may just end up with some new skills from doing this.
    wouldn't that be fun?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much!
    I was able to copy/paste it to my blog so that I can copy it from there to put it in my posts now!
    Best of all...it is a blue click link thingy!
    Woot!
    You're such a star!
  • Options
    Nonni2010Nonni2010 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Sign me up too! I should have realized it was a game glitch...duh.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :lol: Love your Avi! Thanks Nonni, will do!
    Then I need to head up and go back to sleep!
    I forgot how the forums make time just 'disappear'! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello, I also want to do the band stuff. I want to do everything now of course. Holding thumbs for a fix :)
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
  • Options
    RDEBRUINRDEBRUIN Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello :) Please sign me up as well :) We really do need to get this fixed. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Thanks guys! It would be wonderful.
    I'm so happy to see such a positive response this soon. :D
    I also made a thread on the Late Night forum giving this link.

With the sales on older EP's I thought new owners of LN may like to know about it,
    and from how often the ancient thread asking how to get Band Gigs is brought up,
    figured maybe we will get some folks stopping by.

It has been months since I was last in the forums, and would you believe that
    post is right there on the first page?
    Go figure.

People are really helpful, and offer all sorts of advice that is just going to bring
    frustration in the end. :(

It also makes me sad to see so many people having problems with lagging game issues,
    as there is so much that can be done to avoid them. :(

I never realized what was meant by the 'bouncing camera', but now that I understand the term and issue, I wonder why nobody complains about that when it happens when your
    home in another world is close to a mountain.
    Anyone know why they never mention that? :?:
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2014
    YAY Sweeetie :0) Sign me up too , I thought it was just my game :oops: good to see you on the forums *hugs*

**Found on google images**
    TS3_LateNight_RockBand--article_image.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Darling Dawn! Thank you!
    Thank you for the inspirational pic of a band. Gives us something to dream about and hold on to.
    *daydream* about the day that we will get those gigs for our bands.........
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed.

I think they ONLY care about IF we BUY the NEW Store stuff.
    They don't seem to be willing, or care enough, to fix any game bugs from Exp or Stuff pks.
    It's like we don't even count AFTER they got our MONEY! :evil:
    If it doesn't bring them MORE money, they won't bother...
    (So I don't hold out much luck for this, but one can dream) :mrgreen:

(Of course the site itself hasn't even been working right past week, & REALLY bad past 48 hours - sorry, rant over)
  • Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited January 2014
    Also signed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Good morning. Thank you Nessa, thank you SimplySimazing.

Well let us hope and dream! It will be great if we do receive an answer, and a fix.
    No harm in asking, and also letting the PTB's know that we do want a fix, and hoping we will still get the problems with our game sorted out. Right? :-)
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've yet to ever see a band gig. I have a musician ready. She has a band and she's in the band career and I've manned her phone like nobody's business and I still have YET to ever get a gig.

When she lived in Bridgeport where she was created she did get her drum set stolen in the subway. I guess that's some excitement and she does draw a crowd and gets tips, but I'd really like to see her get a gig as the game stated she should by now.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2014
    *signs*
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Thank you Erja888.
    Thank you tallcoolone. Good luck with getting a gig.
    I found that --
    a] visiting the pubs, specially Waylon's Haunt, often, having lots of 'friends'
    does help.
    b] when you do get a gig, it's a good idea to turn the autonomy down to zero!
    obviously save before you start, and after you finish, as things can go wrong.

Sometimes when a gig had not come in the first 5 or 6 Sim weeks, it did help to save the household to bin and re start in a fresh game.
    That seems no longer to help though.
    I'm at wit's end trying to come up with some new strategy.
  • Options
    pofmuis44pofmuis44 Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Grandmothergamer plz sign me up 2 would really love if EA can fix this problem. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :cry: Well the day has come, not unexpectedly, that Twallen has announced that he will no longer be updating his Mods.
    I don't want to even think about how desperately he will be missed by the community.
    His depth of knowledge of the game, his advice, so freely given.
    Even though I don't have the skill to have been able to add his Mods to my game, does not mean that I didn't benefit enormously from his advice.
    I have always been in awe of a person that could freely dedicate so much time and energy into making the game so much better for everyone.

Thank you Twallen for all that you did for the game.

Thank you for signing pofmuis! I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to sign the request.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Just adding some twitter news.

SimGuruKelly is not working on the sims 3 store team anymore but can't say what he's working on. *cough* guessing the sims 4 team *cough*

When asked who is fixing bugs he said:
    The next game update is still on schedule...can't say when or what is fixed just yet, but stay tuned.

Link:

Fingers crossed they're fixing the band gigs! ^.^

• Options
    matashjmamatashjma Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2014
    signed