Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit This! Now Open! Practice Editing - Get Your Editing Questions Answered - Challenge Yourself

Comments

• Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey eggy I have been practising hair drawing also and I was wondering how you draw the tips of the hair??
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    Here is my first ever attempt at drawing clothes. I was drawing a dress but for now it is a tube top;

PPTNQYP.png
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You drew that?? Wow thats amazing!! Well done :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey eggy I have been practising hair drawing also and I was wondering how you draw the tips of the hair??
    I'm no expert, but I find it helps to smudge the bottom of the hair down a little bit with a hair brush. :3 Also, you can download brushes that are just the ends of the hair, and then you can place them accordingly.

Kirsty, that top is amazing <3
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hair/eye edit :3 I was going to use Kirsty's advice and draw over a stock hair, but I couldn't find one I wanted to use so I just sort of made it up, I guess >_<
    FPjhbno.png
    (Bebs, your sim is really pretty :D )
    Fullsize
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    cheerio517 wrote:
    Thanks Kirsty, it turns out I just wasn't looking hard enough. I did a quick edit to test them out, and I like them!

http://oi40.tinypic.com/24zlhyw.jpg

Look good, I can definitely see more detail in the skin, I would try playing with the modes in the layers when adding detail so you add colour blemish as well.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    eggy900 wrote:
    Hair/eye edit :3 I was going to use Kirsty's advice and draw over a stock hair, but I couldn't find one I wanted to use so I just sort of made it up, I guess >_<
    http://i.imgur.com/FPjhbno.png

I really like this hair, I think it needs a couple more layers of hair in different colour of brown (dark to light method) the underneath the flow needs readjusting it is going in two directions at once which isn't natural.

Even if you don't overlay real hair, it is best to shape out the flow of hair and underline where there may cross over or curve around the underside of the hair.

I just read a great tut on this about clothing and I think it works the same with hair as hair also.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thnks Eggy & Gemma :D

I have final finished the dress, for a first time ever clothes drawing I am pretty happy with the way its turned out(I know it is not perfect and needs a lot of work);

VAjcDoM.png"width=600"

Actual size;

http://i.imgur.com/VAjcDoM.png

EDIT: Edited dress a little.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    eggy900 wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/FPjhbno.png

I really like this hair, I think it needs a couple more layers of hair in different colour of brown (dark to light method) the underneath the flow needs readjusting it is going in two directions at once which isn't natural.

Even if you don't overlay real hair, it is best to shape out the flow of hair and underline where there may cross over or curve around the underside of the hair.

I just read a great tut on this about clothing and I think it works the same with hair as hair also.
    Thank you for the advice :D

Your dress is incredible, by the way. :3 It's seriously your first time!? :shock:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    eggy900 wrote:
    Thank you for the advice :D

Your dress is incredible, by the way. :3 It's seriously your first time!? :shock:

Thank You, yep it is. I read a few tuts yesterday and kind of mushed them together into a way that works for me, I also download so fabric texture brushes.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited January 2014
    Kirsty, that is amazing for your first go at clothes drawing~ ;-; I would help you, but I suck at it - I wish I had a tablet. I guess you could alter the shading on the sim? Idk, but the dress seems to have deeper shadows than the person, who's pretty flat in comparison. Does that make sense? Prolly not. I'll shut up~ :3
    I might try getting some brushes.. Hm.

As for the hair on my edit from before, yeah, it was too Hollywood-ish. XD I just couldn't find anything that made me think of Alien, and it was pretty, so. :3

@Eggy, oml, that hair is really pretty. <3 I suck at shape and colours. Well done for those, yo~ And, as for the model- ty, but oml, egg, im screamin, that is an (altered, like really, really altered) female parrish oh banana glob.

I was just editing this for fun~

rscw04.png

Fullsizewoo

The only stock I used was the background and the lace on the shirt~ I was kind of testing out the eyebrow piercing drawing and I kinda like it. OH, and the eyelashes (which is totally not why I covered one eye so I wouldn't have to make them match).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    Thanks Moth, when trying out your advice I kind of ran a little futher with it and completely got rid of the blue;

http://i.imgur.com/egTOmZ3.png
    Oh, and this is super pretty~ ;-; Yeah, I think it's better without the blue. :3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Kirsty, that is amazing for your first go at clothes drawing~ ;-; I would help you, but I suck at it - I wish I had a tablet. I guess you could alter the shading on the sim? Idk, but the dress seems to have deeper shadows than the person, who's pretty flat in comparison. Does that make sense? Prolly not. I'll shut up~ :3

As for the hair on my edit from before, yeah, it was too Hollywood-ish. XD I just couldn't find anything that made me think of Alien, and it was pretty, so. :3

@Eggy, oml, that hair is really pretty. <3 I suck at shape and colours. Well done for those, yo~ And, as for the model- ty, but oml, egg, im screamin, that is an (altered, like really, really altered) female parrish oh banana glob.

Fullsizewoo

The only stock I used was the background and the lace on the shirt~ I was kind of testing out the eyebrow piercing drawing and I kinda like it. OH, and the eyelashes (which is totally not why I covered one eye so I wouldn't have to make them match).

Wow that is pretty. Those eyelashes are really good! Way better then eyelashe brushes in my opinion :mrgreen:
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You should try drawing clothes for competition Kristy! You're really good at it.
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    TetroFreak73TetroFreak73 Posts: 371 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey Eggy & Bebs, I was just wondering how you get your Sims eyes to look like that? Are they contacts or is there a tutorial you use?
  • Options
    mothlingxmothlingx Posts: 294
    edited January 2014
    Hey guys. I super appreciate everyone posting here. I'm going to try to respond to everyone's images, but I might end up doing it in one big post so it's less spam-y that way.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

http://i44.tinypic.com/rscw04.png

Thnks Bebs. I didnt shade my sim at all but I agree since I did add shading to the dress I should add it to my model to even it out a little.

The brushes really helped give it that material kind of look, so I would suggest picking up a few material brushes they are just useful brush you can pretty much apply to anything you want to add texture too.

I love that image, no complaints it looks perfect, nicely edit eyelashes I usually just use stock ;)
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You should try drawing clothes for competition Kristy! You're really good at it.

Thnks Gemma, I dont think I am ready for that yet ;).
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey Eggy & Bebs, I was just wondering how you get your Sims eyes to look like that? Are they contacts or is there a tutorial you use?
    How do you mean? In this picture I drew them in, but I usually just have my default eyes in pictures.
    And I don't know about a tutorial for eyes... I just sort of taught myself? :XD:

rscw04.png

Fullsizewoo

That's so pretty! <3 May I ask how you draw your lipstick? It's really nice!

And thank you for the compliment on her hair :mrgreen: Is that so...? Well, then Parrish makes a pretty female. :P
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Wow that is pretty. Those eyelashes are really good! Way better then eyelashe brushes in my opinion :mrgreen:
    Oml, ty~ :mrgreen: Normally I would use brushes (if at all; usually I don't) but I wanted to give it a go. :3
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    Thnks Bebs. I didnt shade my sim at all but I agree since I did add shading to the dress I should add it to my model to even it out a little.
    The brushes really helped give it that material kind of look, so I would suggest picking up a few material brushes they are just useful brush you can pretty much apply to anything you want to add texture too.
    I love that image, no complaints it looks perfect, nicely edit eyelashes I usually just use stock ;)
    Hm... I might go hunt out for some, then. The most I've done is nick stuff like this to use. :XD:
    And thank you! :3 Like I said: usually I use brushes, but I wanted to try.
    Hm~? I always edit my eyes' whites. I cover them over completely, then redo all of the eyes' shadows and stuff... If that's what you mean? Eggy prolly does something similiar. xD I don't think there's a tut anywhere.
    eggy900 wrote:
    That's so pretty! <3 May I ask how you draw your lipstick? It's really nice!
    And thank you for the compliment on her hair :mrgreen: Is that so...? Well, then Parrish makes a pretty female. :P
    Thankyou,Eggboo. ;-; Uhm, I'm not entirely sure how to explain it - usually I make a new layer group, paint over the shape of the lips in a colour, then, using loads and loads of new layers (likeseriouslyiusedaboutten!?) I just... Shade, shade, shade! xD Usually I look back on the original lips for a guide, but apart from that, well... >.> Idk. :') It's like with the eyes: I just taught myself;-;".
    Oh, and, he says thank you~ ;'3
  • Options
    TetroFreak73TetroFreak73 Posts: 371 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the help :D They didn't look like cc contacts so I was just wondering. I found some tutorials but none that I liked :/
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the help :D They didn't look like cc contacts so I was just wondering. I found some tutorials but none that I liked :/

Have you tried Bliss, she did a tut on editing eyes.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    MadelynsMommyMadelynsMommy Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited January 2014
    Can someone please tell me how to add butterflies and things to my photos? Not just with brushes but the colorful maybe cartoonish looking ones sorry I don't know what they would be called. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Can someone please tell me how to add butterflies and things to my photos? Not just with brushes but the colorful maybe cartoonish looking ones sorry I don't know what they would be called. Thank you!

You can add them png stock there is loads of them on deviantart.

http://www.deviantart.com/resources/stockart/animals/?q=butterfly&offset=24
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    MadelynsMommyMadelynsMommy Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Kristy! You know I seen those when I was looking around but when I got them into photoshop I could place them on my photo but couldn't rotate them or change their size.