Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit This! Now Open! Practice Editing - Get Your Editing Questions Answered - Challenge Yourself

Comments

• Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm working on the challenge now :-)
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited January 2014
    Done! I couldn't find a texture I liked, so I just made her sparkly xD

2hnqn8h.jpg

The background's really simplistic because I wanted to focus on the model. and I was lazy

EDIT: uggh stupid resize errors. Here's the link though: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=a6BMdyuA/VzLxJpLex6LeYh4l5k2TGxc#.UsYXffZYCvM
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    Added the changes:

cClQE0L.png
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Will look at comments for my alien tomorrow. As I am of to sleep
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited January 2014
    mothlingx wrote:

This looks great! I think you did a really good job making sure the texture doesn't bleed into the entire body (see the tutorial I linked Kristy) but I would adjust it a
    it around the collar bone and chin/neck areas. I love the strange milkiness of your model's eyes. Like, wow. Really ethereal looking. Your models teeth at looking a bit green though, and that's definitely something I would adjust.

Really good job though!
    I noticed that too. At the time I couldn't figure out how to fix it, but now I have (I didn't make the white overly bright so the teeth look a little more natural, so hopefully it works). I also added a few touchups to the skin in certain areas like you mentioned :3

WDQFI.jpg

giphy.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I have three new stock images, I took these when I was experimenting with making the sims skin look more real and eye editing.

These are all Quality Edited images (best used for skin make up editing, or hair improvement editing);

HALF BODY SHOT

(Linked due to sensitivity)
    http://i.imgur.com/a8TUj79.png

A8fmuvg.png"width=700"

Actual Size:
    http://i.imgur.com/A8fmuvg.png

TQxmycK.png"width=700"

Actual Size:
    http://i.imgur.com/TQxmycK.png
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I noticed that too. At the time I couldn't figure out how to fix it, but now I have (I didn't make the white overly bright so the teeth look a little more natural, so hopefully it works). I also added a few touchups to the skin in certain areas like you mentioned :3

WDQFI.jpg

It would have worked better if you had used the free select tool (gimp ?) zoomed in 200/400% and went around the teeth then once the teeth of full selected erased the overlay of them to keep them looking sharp, they look a little blurred. But I think you have done a really brilliant job with your edit :D.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited January 2014
    So... we're posting on this thread, right? :mrgreen: Looks great! Only thing I've noticed is that "Create Your Own Hair Brush" leads to an eye drawing tutorial instead.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mothlingx wrote:

I LOVE this texture. It really is funky alien skin.

The only thing I can really see is a continuity issue in the texture. I don't know how well I'm going to explain myself, but I'm going to try..
    Looking at the chin, you can see where the texture design is on the tip of her chin and continues down her neck. You should erase just a bit around her neckline so the design looks like it's part of her chin and neck, not continuing from one to the other.

Er, I think this tutorial explains what I'm trying to say better than I am:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Crack-and-Peel-157854964
    It's for Photoshop, but the idea is basically the same about texture consistency.

It might help to texture the face and body separately (with the same texture.) to help break up the run off lines.

I get what you are saying and thanks for that tut (creepy as it is ;)) It doesn't look natural as the skin should go under the chin which means it wouldn't match on the chest as you can see the bottom of the chin. I get what your saying even if what I am saying is confusing lol.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    eggy900 wrote:
    So... we're posting on this thread, right? :mrgreen: Looks great! Only thing I've noticed is that "Create Your Own Hair Brush" leads to an eye drawing tutorial instead.

Yes posting here now Eggy. Create your own hair brush sounds fun. Though mine would probs suck.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mothlingx wrote:
    Example picture is up! =)

[img]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/simsnstuff/Screenshot-170_zps28e5adb6.png "width=640"[/img]

Here's a random edit I did while trying to find a new way of hair drawing. Not sure how I feel about it.

[img]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/simsnstuff/stuffthing_zpsb867879f.png "width=640"[/img]

I think it might need more shadows.

Your Alien is so cute, she reminds me of a washing up advert where the people looked like that I cant remember which one lol.

Your really good at hair drawing might I say. I have only ever done one full hair edit but because I have to do it all on the laptop it is so time consuming I just give up before I really even begin.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:

WDQFI.jpg

It would have worked better if you had used the free select tool (gimp ?) zoomed in 200/400% and went around the teeth then once the teeth of full selected erased the overlay of them to keep them looking sharp, they look a little blurred. But I think you have done a really brilliant job with your edit :D.
    I tend to avoid free select in gimp as I'm honestly not very good at it, but I can see what you mean :lol:
    Thanks for the advice and critique :-)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    mothlingxmothlingx Posts: 294
    edited January 2014
    eggy900 wrote:

Link should be fixed now! :mrgreen:

Going to check out everyones images now. Looks like you all have been busy :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I gave the challenge a shot earlier. Like, it must have been a lot earlier, because, judging by the background I picked, I was half asleep. o.O

2v8ilaa.jpg

(The black bar is a dodgy little censor; it isn't part of the pic).

I seriously just realise how crappy the quality is, aha. xD But I think I did alright hairdrawing this time. And as for the textures... I didn't do much on it. :| Oops.

The background quality is a bit..choppy lol but if it hadn't been I think it would have worked really well because the colors match your model and it looks very mystical.
    I think you did very good on the hair drawing! I think maybe some flyaways might improve it, but not all hair needs to have that and your hair is lookin' good :D

I would have liked a more visible texture on your model, but the important thing is really that it's there! It's new territory for a lot of modelers and I'm so happy you guys are trying it out! I would suggest maybe lowering the opacity on the marking on her shoulder and cheek, as they don't look as much like markings as the one on her side and leg does. I do love how you put the markings in though. It was a really nice touch. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    cheerio517 wrote:
    Done! I couldn't find a texture I liked, so I just made her sparkly xD

2hnqn8h.jpg

The background's really simplistic because I wanted to focus on the model. and I was lazy

EDIT: uggh stupid resize errors. Here's the link though: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=a6BMdyuA/VzLxJpLex6LeYh4l5k2TGxc#.UsYXffZYCvM

Sparkly is still a kind of texture :D but it works. As long as you guys are trying something new and branching out a bit, increasing your skills. We're all learning together, and that's awesome. Her skin reminds me of a galaxy a bit. I like the lighting and coloration. The lighting on her left eye makes her cheek's yellow/green color look more like lighting and not like skin, because the color is kind of reflecting in the eye a bit. I love the various shades of blue and purple throughout her skin though.

Did you draw the hair? It looks good! LOVE the dramatic shadowing on the right side of it (the model's right). I would just suggest more strands at the top of her head where the part is because it looks a bit emptier compared to the rest of her head, but her hair looks really good. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:

WDQFI.jpg

I tend to avoid free select in gimp as I'm honestly not very good at it, but I can see what you mean :lol:
    Thanks for the advice and critique :-)

For future images, I would suggest zooming in A LOT and then just erasing where the texture and color is over the teeth to avoid blurriness.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    mothlingx wrote:

I LOVE this texture. It really is funky alien skin.

The only thing I can really see is a continuity issue in the texture. I don't know how well I'm going to explain myself, but I'm going to try..
    Looking at the chin, you can see where the texture design is on the tip of her chin and continues down her neck. You should erase just a bit around her neckline so the design looks like it's part of her chin and neck, not continuing from one to the other.

Er, I think this tutorial explains what I'm trying to say better than I am:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Crack-and-Peel-157854964
    It's for Photoshop, but the idea is basically the same about texture consistency.

It might help to texture the face and body separately (with the same texture.) to help break up the run off lines.

I get what you are saying and thanks for that tut (creepy as it is ;)) It doesn't look natural as the skin should go under the chin which means it wouldn't match on the chest as you can see the bottom of the chin. I get what your saying even if what I am saying is confusing lol.

I'm sorry I couldn't find a better tutorial to explain what I meant :? but I'm glad you understand. It's confusing to explain lol.
    I also added your pictures to the album for pics for people to edit. Thanks for submitting! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    Added the changes:

cClQE0L.png

Those eyes look MUCH better. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    mothlingx wrote:
    Example picture is up! =)

[img]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/simsnstuff/Screenshot-170_zps28e5adb6.png "width=640"[/img]

Here's a random edit I did while trying to find a new way of hair drawing. Not sure how I feel about it.

[img]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/simsnstuff/stuffthing_zpsb867879f.png "width=640"[/img]

I think it might need more shadows.

Your Alien is so cute, she reminds me of a washing up advert where the people looked like that I cant remember which one lol.

Your really good at hair drawing might I say. I have only ever done one full hair edit but because I have to do it all on the laptop it is so time consuming I just give up before I really even begin.

Thank you. :) Having the tablet and the brushes really, really helps. It goes a lot faster that way. I haven't really settled on a method that I want to stick with, and I think I have a lot I can improve on.
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ooooh thanks so much for creating this thread! Edit this sounded like an amzaing idea :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Kisrty that photo is so realistic! It's great :D How do you add the texture to the face??
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Kisrty that photo is so realistic! It's great :D How do you add the texture to the face??

Thnks. I found these amazing brushes that came with a tut, that shows what each brush is for and how to use it. There is even highlighting/shadowing brushes where all you have to do is brush over the areas you want highlighted change the mode to overlay and it doesn't need blurring in at all. They are my new fav brushes.

I will have a look through my history for them tomoz if you want them :D.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ooooh thanks so much for creating this thread! Edit this sounded like an amzaing idea :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm glad so many people are finding the thread useful!
  • Options
    nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    edited January 2014
    You guys are amazeballz srsly!

Edit: ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ not saying amazeballz was one of my new years resolutions lol
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You guys are amazeballz srsly!

Edit: ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ not saying amazeballz was one of my new years resolutions lol

No! I say amazeballz all the time because its... Well its amazeballz :lol:

@kristy I would love you to if you can be bothered :mrgreen:
    nO4zXfe.png?3