Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 3 stay popular?!

So now the new Sims game will be released this year it seems that everyone is trying to get Sims 4. Will Sims 3 still be popular as in about a year I was going to start making Sims 3 LP videos on YouTube. Will anyone still watch Sims 3 videos?!

What do you think???!!!

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2014
    People will still play the Sims 3 for quite awhile.

The Sims 3 would quiet down in two or three more years.

I be a senior in High School when TS4 is released, and after that, when Sims 3 quiets down, I would probably be a old man..
    grampa.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes and no.

It will be less popular that is inevitable. Some people are going to move on. At the same time there will likely be many who stick with the Sims 3 for a while before getting 4 or who aren't interested in 4 or who will enjoy both games.
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping all the excitement about Sims 4 will bring the prices down on Sims 3. I know about the sale on Origin, but I had so many problems with Origin on my PC I don't trust using it on my Mac!
  • Options
    4luckykid4luckykid Posts: 49 New Member
    edited January 2014
    People are most likely NOT going to buy The Sims 4 until some EPs come out.
  • Options
    lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited January 2014
    There's no doubt about it that the forums and community itself will quieten down upon the release of Sims 4, but there will still be a lot of people playing it.
    I know myself I won't be moving on for a good few years, I've made too much of an investment into the Sims 3 to move on quite so quickly. I don't feel like I've still fully explored the Sims 3, as I've only got back into it this year and bought almost all the expansion packs in the space of a couple of months. :lol:

Let me know when your LP's are up and running, I'll be sure to watch them and support them- I love LP's. :D
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited January 2014
    Initially interest in ts3 will drop but after about a month people will come back to ts3, this is bound to be the cycle until they have tal east 3 or 4 eps out. Initially ts4 won't have enough shine new things to hold most peoples interest. Personally I won't be getting ts4 until it is on it's third or fourth EP and then I'll get bundles.

Ts3 has a couple-few years left in it. There are a lot of diehard fans
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'll still play TS2 and will also play TS3 even if I was buying TS4 because I'd want to play the older games as well as the newer one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think it will stay popular until they release eps and sp for sims 4
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm thinking it will stay popular. I know of a few people who are not liking what they've seen of TS4. Perhaps that may change later, but not right now...so I'll stick with my TS3.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There's no doubt about it that the forums and community itself will quieten down upon the release of Sims 4, but there will still be a lot of people playing it.
    I know myself I won't be moving on for a good few years, I've made too much of an investment into the Sims 3 to move on quite so quickly. I don't feel like I've still fully explored the Sims 3, as I've only got back into it this year and bought almost all the expansion packs in the space of a couple of months. :lol:

Let me know when your LP's are up and running, I'll be sure to watch them and support them- I love LP's. :D

Thank you! As I said it probably won't be for another year but I'll let you know. So glad to know someone will watch them! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good to know people will still play TS3. I don't really like the look of TS4
  • Options
    vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited January 2014
    IMO, too many people have invested a lot of money and time into the TS3 series just to discard it for a singular TS4 game.
    Plus EA doesn't seem to care to get the bugs and glitches out their games. Maybe if they teamed up with outside technical help to debug everything (stuck Sims, random parked cars on lots, etc) then maybe it would be worth purchasing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    vonhaussen wrote:
    IMO, too many people have invested a lot of money and time into the TS3 series just to discard it for a singular TS4 game.
    Plus EA doesn't seem to care to get the bugs and glitches out their games. Maybe if they teamed up with outside technical help to debug everything (stuck Sims, random parked cars on lots, etc) then maybe it would be worth purchasing.

Very good point :)
  • Options
    JustMaddie0626JustMaddie0626 Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    im sure people will still be intrested in the sims 3 im sticking to the sims 3 im not very intrested in the sims 4
  • Options
    AngelinArosebedAngelinArosebed Posts: 117
    edited January 2014
    I don't really watch LPs, but I'm sure a lot of people will still be sticking around with the Sims 3, like a lot of people have already said. At least for a few years, until Sims 4 has more expansion packs out for it.

Personally I likely won't be switching over to Sims 4 for a good long time. I know EA promises the coding is going to be better, but they kind of sort of have a long history of not fixing well-known issues in their games, especially their Sims games.
  • Options
    Prototype12345PPrototype12345P Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    I know I'm gonna stick with The Sims 3. I like the creating process more than what I've seen The Sims 4 has to offer. There are still people whose favorite is The Sims 2. The 3rd will lose popularity, but it will always have its people who still enjoy it. :D
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think TS3 will remain popular for a short while, but it will eventually die down. I've invested hundreds of pounds onto this generation of The Sims, and I'm not going to drop everything and jump onto another boat straight away. Sure, I'm going to pre-order The Sims 4, but I'm definitely going to be playing The Sims 3 alongside.

On the topic of LP's, I'd say go for it as soon as you can! They're really fun to make once you get into them!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Who knows? I'll still be playing it, just like I still play the sims 2. I honestly can't say I'm fussed about getting TS4.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2014
    I still play sims and sims 2 and sims 3. Not sure yet if I am getting sims 4 so I guess that will be determined. My computer has great specs and still the sims 3 gives me problems I have no problems playing sims or sims 2 that's why I still play them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited January 2014
    It will, and while it is unfortunate, it's going to be a while before it does. I honestly don't believe that everyone active member on these forums is gonna purchase TS4 when it comes out. I'm planning to wait a while, until the it gets a little less popular (and a little less expensive.)
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2014
    Considering i just recently got into playing the Sims 3 i'm not going to make the switch to Sims 4 anytime soon. It will be my luck i'll make the switch as soon as Sims 5 (if it does happen) comes into play. I bought a Ps3 months before the Ps4 was going to be released so yea.
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited January 2014
    Considering i just recently got into playing the Sims 3 i'm not going to make the switch to Sims 4 anytime soon. It will be my luck i'll make the switch as soon as Sims 5 (if it does happen) comes into play. I bought a Ps3 months before the Ps4 was going to be released so yea.

I've made that same mistake... :(