Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simspoint cashcards. The holy grail in the UK.

On Saturday, I took my Christmas cash to town and made up my mind to buy sims points.

I had checked the sims points page to see where I could get them from. I went to Game and they said they hadn't had any in for months. I went to another Game, still no card. I went to PC World, they said they hadn't received any there either.

I went to HMV who got kinda snotty with me about it and said they hadn't ever stocked them.

Can i ask, are you still dispatching them in the UK or is it a lost cause?

Comments

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited December 2013
    I believe you can order them on Amazon.co.uk
  • Options
    ChaoticerisChaoticeris Posts: 29
    edited December 2013
    that is awesome.

I tend not to buy stuff on the internet as i just like going and getting it myself (i get paranoid about stuff not arriving) but thank you!!
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2013
    Honestly, if you are able to I'd purchase SimPoints directly from the site and don't buy the cards. You will pay well above the standard price for them.
  • Options
    EPCOTfanEPCOTfan Posts: 90 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree with Weealbet. Although you should be fine with Amazon, if you're going to the trouble of ordering online its probably better getting them direct from the source.

No one has to take their 'cut' on what you pay either.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    If you don't want to buy them form the site, they are available (always!) online. Check amazon... Ebay... Lots of gaming sites will also stock them :)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2013
    Both play.com and amazon.co.uk used to sell the "cards" at reasonable prices - I bought a stack at £4.58 each from Play a few months ago but on both sites all the traders who sold them are no longer showing. :(

The only one I saw on Amazon was a German trader offering them at about £18 plus postage! That's more than three times the normal price!

It looks as if EA has stopped providing the codes so the only reliable (and cheapest!) option is to buy the points directly from the Store.