Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, well, well.....Welles-Davis.... Store team you've made some interesting townies!

The first time I open a new world I spend some time looking around, looking at the houses and checking into the townies. Store team I have to say you've made some interesting townies with some interwoven stories. You've piqued my interest and now I want to check everyone out. Kudos on your time and effort.

After looking around I chose the Welles-Davis household. They looked like an interesting couple. When I started to play I had no idea how interesting. Mark and Rita looked like an ordinary couple.....until I started investigating.

As I looked around their house I noticed that Mark had gone off some where. When I tracked him down I found him at the house of Virginia Supine. He was there alright.....flirting with Virginia. Not too unusual, but then I noticed that Virginia was in Rita's relationship panel...as a romantic interest. So Mark's wife has a little secret. What really added to the surprise was when I looked at Mark's relationship panel. He has a little secret of his own. Michael Dandy is listed as a romantic interest.....and yet there he was flirting with Virginia.

Store team you've created quite a little web here.....can't wait to see how this plays out.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• Options
    iBreMeiBreMe Posts: 401 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I noticed this about the townies in RH. A lot of them are gay (or is this case, bi?) It really funny. Like the super rich guy in town is gay but not ready to come out yet.
    Edit: I think the issue though is that because of the way the game is setup, sims can only be set with a sexual preference if you have a mod (like the woohooer mod). But I without it, "gay" sims keep flirting with sims of the opposite sex, too.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just thought the whole back story of this group and the relationship panels were pretty interesting. It's worthy of a soap opera plot line.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited December 2013
    I didn't realize the rich guy (Simovitch?) was gay. He was my female Sim's boss and was constantly asking her out and getting to know her better.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    I didn't realize the rich guy (Simovitch?) was gay. He was my female Sim's boss and was constantly asking her out and getting to know her better.

No his name id Michael Dandy. He lives in the biggest house in town. This is his bio:

Michael never had an easy life and every Simoleon he has required hard work with an occasional crime on the side. Though he feels guilty, Michael does this all for the secret love of his life. Will Michael finally be able to make his love public?

AND I JUST CHECKED HIS ROMANTIC INTEREST IS NO OTHER THAN: Mark Davis-Welles!! LOL

Edit:Just realized the OP said this though :oops:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    iBreMe wrote:

AND I JUST CHECKED HIS ROMANTIC INTEREST IS NO OTHER THAN: Mark Davis-Welles!! LOL

Yep...Mark and Rita are married but Mark has Michael Dandy as a romantic interest and Rita has Virginia Supine as a romantic interest.

Does this couple have secrets from each other or are they a modern couple in a marriage of convenience?

Inquiring minds want to know! :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

• Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited December 2013
    I started a game and my sim went over to their house (I was visiting my neighbours) and Michael Dandy was there flirting with Mark,Rita saw this and she slapped Mark.....way to start my game :shock:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I started a game and my sim went over to their house (I was visiting my neighbours) and Michael Dandy was there flirting with Mark,Rita saw this and she slapped Mark.....way to start my game :shock:

And in my game I found Mark at Virginia's house flirting with her. Oh my!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited December 2013
    I honestly think that RH has the most interesting and creative set of premades yet. Granted I haven't spent a lot of time playing MH and DV though so there may be more in those worlds (I know that MH has its share of unique sims but I don't know if they're all so interwoven with one another.)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I honestly think that RH has the most interesting and creative set of premades yet. Granted I haven't spent a lot of time playing MH and DV though so there may be more in those worlds (I know that MH has its share of unique sims but I don't know if they're all so interwoven with one another.)

That's why I was giving the store team a compliment on their work with the back stories. They've put a lot of detail in this group. I can't wait to see who else has these drama producing plot lines.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2013
    This sounds so cool.

I usually make my own sims to play, but clearly I need to investigate some of these interesting premade families!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    rebekah512 wrote:
    This sounds so cool.

I usually make my own sims to play, but clearly I need to investigate some of these interesting premade families!

They've made quite a few celebrity households this time around. The ones I've discovered so far.....

Nest-Elliot Nest/ Elliot Ness, famous lawman from the Untouchables

Harbucks- Daddy Warbucks but this time he's adopted Shirley Temple instead of Annie

Ruth-Gabe Ruth/Babe Ruth

Marks/the famous Marks brothers

Andrews-Ainsley Andrews/ could this be the famous photographer Ansel Adams?

Astare-Frank Astare and Judy Rogers/ Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers

West- obviously Mae West and W.C. Fields
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    There is a married females couple as well with a son.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is a married females couple as well with a son.

I saw that.....just haven't had a chance to look closely at that household.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! :shock: Never knew this town was so juicy. I have to check this out too. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah RH and MH have the best/funniest back stories :lol:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    There are many interesting sims in RH :) I must admit, meeting, befriending and learning the backgrounds of the local townie sims has always been my favourite part of a new world :) I think this is why I love BP so much, there are many exciting sims with skeletons hidden in their closets there also :) There is always a drama playing out somewhere in BP :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My only problem is that Consort Capp's parents shouldn't be alive in game. They died before Consort and Contessa got married. So that's really bugging me lol
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited December 2013
    I couldn't care less about the townies I deleted most of them anyway they all look the same to me. (They all have the same eyes). I put in my own sims or used some from other worlds.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    I couldn't care less about the townies I deleted most of them anyway they all look the same to me. (They all have the same eyes). I put in my own sims or used some from other worlds.

of course you didn't like the townies :wink:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    candy8 wrote:

And how is this post relevant to a thread where we are talking about finding the RH townies interesting?
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm loving the intrigue in this new town...kudos to the store team :)
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    There are a lot of attractive male townies for you lady simmers to hook your sims up with.
  • Options
    Cathryn14Cathryn14 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2013
    Love the townies in RH.

My Sim married Clyde Reeves (severing the relationship between him and Bonnie). I've had such a good time playing him.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    My sim is dating one of the Marks brothers (one with a hat). Frank Astaire and Gabe Ruth were quite nice looking, but neither of them fancied her. I was naughty, I just looked where all the single men were and teleported her around town till she met someone she liked.

After seeing this thread, probably the other men didn't like her because she's female :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Cathryn14 wrote:
    Love the townies in RH.

My Sim married Clyde Reeves (severing the relationship between him and Bonnie). I've had such a good time playing him.

I'd forgotten all about them when I made my list of famous Sims in this town!