Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights - We have problems...

I love the look of Roaring Heights and the way the inhabitants are dressed etc make this a good world to add to your collection.

However after around 15 hours of gameplay I have experienced a few problems. So I thought it may be prudent to share them so that maybe the brainboxes among you will know of a 'workaround' or fix. Also if you have experienced a problem yourself you may want to share and hopefully someone can help.

Of course it would be great if a Guru would come & help but you so rarely seem them around these days that I not too expectant on that.

Problems.

1) LAG - Only a few days into a new save and I started to get juddering then short freezes. If anything it seems to be getting worse and I have had three crashes, 2 during snow storms (I have now turned snow off). It's becoming game breaking.

2) New Hedge - A small problem. But the new hedge that comes with the world is a hungry hungry beast. I saw Oliver Harbucks 'snagged' on one, and when I used them on my plot and tried to add a gate it 'enveloped' it! I could not then action the gate (to lock etc) but people (a paparatzi) could walk through it. Odd.

3) Dark Clubs - A couple of times I went to the clubs and found them really really dark. Later I went to edit a town to add some lights to the venues but however many lights I added it remained as dark as a lawyers heart. I'm baffled.

4) Professional Bars - Another small one. As with many game worlds, the bars lack mixologists because the place has juice bars etc instead of pro-bars. This is easily fixed by editing the venue but I felt I should point this out for people.

5) Library - Another small one but how empty is that library? I could only see one bookcase that had skill books and there were no computers, nursery area etc. Very sparse but as with above a bit of time in edit venue will solve this.

6) Festivals? - Since seasons I have had festivals pop up every now and again, I go along there is fun and stands and activities. But so far I have seen no difference in the festival lot at all. It is pretty dull and unchanged.

7) Slow fixer car - It took an age while holding down a job and raising some kids but I finally finished the fixer upper car. But man is it slow. Cool...but slow. This thing makes the taxi and big lemon seem like rocket ships! Anyone got this 'beast' to pass a tortoise laden with heavy shopping yet?

Okay sorry that was so long but please feel free to answer anything raised or raise your own issues. Oh and sorry if it is a touch long. :oops:

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    edited December 2013
    Very interesting. I spent about 10 minutes in Roaring Heights so far. Liked most of what I saw and added the boardwalk venue then closed it down and went into Midnight Hollow - that I've hardly touched since I got it. I'be been building a roller coaster in MH all day. Will get around to RH eventually. Nice to have some info on it though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    I ve noticed sometimes not often thou the coasters will jump back on the track before going foward in the new venue. One of t nhe youtubers also reported this.

Yes the clubs are dark.

Lots of jumpbugs with interaction ques dropping.

Not hardly any sims at the boardwalk to spite that I changed it to hangout.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2013
    I only did a look around in RH last night, then went to my current town, and placed the boardwalk venue there. I only played for about a half hour after that, but I did notice my game clock was stuck at 12:59 the whole time, even though my sims were moving around at their normal speed. I'd also installed ITF the other night and thought that was what caused it, but I'd played it already with no issues. It may be nothing-it was snowing, I'd just edited the town, also adding another Late Night club, and trying, unsuccessfully to fit in an ITF venue somewhere, then went straight into buy mode to get my current family's house decorated for the holidays & furnished for the new baby, so it was probably just my old clunker of a computer trying to do too much at once, but I thought I'd post just to make sure it wasn't happening to anyone else.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    sadielover123sadielover123 Posts: 498 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    1) LAG - Only a few days into a new save and I started to get juddering then short freezes. If anything it seems to be getting worse and I have had three crashes, 2 during snow storms (I have now turned snow off). It's becoming game breaking.
    I too had a similar lag to what you are describing, but when I started a new game today, the lag had magically cleared up- though I only played it for a very short amount of time :?
  • Options
    muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited December 2013
    one of the Guru's made a festival lot for the town. Link was up yesterday but I cant seem to find it for you .
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    one of the Guru's made a festival lot for the town. Link was up yesterday but I cant seem to find it for you .

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7855023
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2013
    Worlds can only be released with base game and the new world content. That means that professional bars, which were released initially with Late Night will ever be in new worlds. All venues will only have juice bars. It is up to the purchaser of the new world to download new venues from the exchange or update their worlds accordingly.

I build more than I play so I spend a ton of time remodeling venues.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited December 2013
    Worlds can only be released with base game and the new world content. That means that professional bars, which were released initially with Late Night will ever be in new worlds. All venues will only have juice bars. It is up to the purchaser of the new world to download new venues from the exchange or update their worlds accordingly.

I build more than I play so I spend a ton of time remodeling venues.

Quite right, my bad. But as I said it was a small point that I flagging up for people 'to do'.

Catloverplayer - thanks for that. I have downloaded and will give it a try.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited December 2013
    I ve noticed sometimes not often thou the coasters will jump back on the track before going foward in the new venue. One of t nhe youtubers also reported this.

This has happened to me. It occurs at the top of the dead man's drop. I was trying to snap a photo of sims faces at that time and ended up with this shot.
    Screenshot-16_zpsaae95ce0.jpg?t=1387042117

This is apparently where the car jumps to. I don't know if this is a bug in the coaster or a glitch due to my aging computer.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited December 2013
    7) Slow fixer car - It took an age while holding down a job and raising some kids but I finally finished the fixer upper car. But man is it slow. Cool...but slow. This thing makes the taxi and big lemon seem like rocket ships! Anyone got this 'beast' to pass a tortoise laden with heavy shopping yet?

I actually find this quite realistic. Cars back then didn't go very fast at all. They were faster than traveling by horse and carriage, but IIRC they only went about 30 mph.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited December 2013
    After spending a day or so I finally got it downloaded and it looks nice.I appreciate you pointing out the issues but after IP I didn't think this world would work as advertised.

EA is just like any other company and the focus is on the bottom line.Also remember we are the testers and will continue in the Sims 4.Happy Holidays
  • Options
    Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I started using mods with IP. For those of you that aren't using anything I can tell you the results of running mine in RH. The first time I played RH was mainly just getting everything set up, but still had the game going for about 4 hours. Within that time only had the nightly removal of cars - around 35 or so. Playing the next day, ew the trouble started, stuck sims, cats, dogs, horses, stationery sims, cats, dogs, the cars jumped to over 100 cleared nightly. There are routing problems, in other words, typical EA game play. There is no way you are going to find all of these stuck sims and animals yourself. The more they pile up the more lag you are going to get. I'm using Error Trap and Overwatch. Good luck to you if you aren't.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited December 2013
    I knew the hedges would be a problem and the are. You can remove them and it's not a bad idea.
    There is an air conditioning unit behind the diner on stilts that leaves only one block routing. Remove the unit.

I'm sure there is more that I've yet to find.
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    wickichick wrote:
    I knew the hedges would be a problem and the are. You can remove them and it's not a bad idea.
    There is an air conditioning unit behind the diner on stilts that leaves only one block routing. Remove the unit.

I'm sure there is more that I've yet to find.

How do you remove the air conditioning unit?
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited December 2013
    I know in game testing costs money, but EA is cutting too many corners.
    Product testing is part of doing business.
    No matter how brilliant a world/lot builder, some things can't be discovered unless you run it.
    It's fortunate that EA has so many folks willing to pay to be their product testers :wink:
    That all said, RH & it's content still looks fabulous.
    I know what I'll be getting for Christmas :D
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Problems.

Thanks for the heads up about the lag issue. I already own IP and Monte Vista and can't play in those worlds due to lag. I don't need another world that I cannot use, so I am glad I learned this before purchasing. I guess I will have to skip this one.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I have been playing in Hidden Springs before RH came out and it is such a gamer friendly town. No lag, no long distances, lots of places to meet people etc.

I may have been spoiled. :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:

It's an old car! It's meant to be slow so we can cruuuuuuuiiiiise and have other sims admire our awesomeness.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:

It's an old car! It's meant to be slow so we can cruuuuuuuiiiiise and have other sims admire our awesomeness.

Okay okay people I get it. Old cars should be slow... *cower* :-o

It's just for all the time spent doing it up (and it takes AGES) I did not expect something that was slower than the taxi. :roll:

But yeah 'cruuuuuuuiiiiise' would fit with it having the only car-radio. Now to check the radio for 'Summertime' by Will Smith! :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Yeah I have been playing in Hidden Springs before RH came out and it is such a gamer friendly town. No lag, no long distances, lots of places to meet people etc.

Hidden Springs is nice, I also have no lag issues in MH and LP, but after what I went through in IP, Lag has become a dirty word for me. :D

I just thought of this though, I don't suppose the Boardwalk has anything to do with the lag, right? I ask because I am just about to buy it, figure I don't need a laggy world, but I would still like the venue.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Jimboola11 wrote:

Okay okay people I get it. Old cars should be slow... *cower* :-o

It's just for all the time spent doing it up (and it takes AGES) I did not expect something that was slower than the taxi. :roll:

But yeah 'cruuuuuuuiiiiise' would fit with it having the only car-radio. Now to check the radio for 'Summertime' by Will Smith! :wink:

I've had Miami by Will Smith stuck in my head since the world was announced! Seriously... watch the video, I swear it's RH!!!
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited December 2013
    Monet11 wrote:

This has happened to me. It occurs at the top of the dead man's drop. I was trying to snap a photo of sims faces at that time and ended up with this shot.
    Screenshot-16_zpsaae95ce0.jpg?t=1387042117

This is apparently where the car jumps to. I don't know if this is a bug in the coaster or a glitch due to my aging computer.

Oh my! I'm sorry, but roflmao!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Jimboola11 wrote:

Hidden Springs is nice, I also have no lag issues in MH and LP, but after what I went through in IP, Lag has become a dirty word for me. :D

I just thought of this though, I don't suppose the Boardwalk has anything to do with the lag, right? I ask because I am just about to buy it, figure I don't need a laggy world, but I would still like the venue.

As others have reported on this thread there are some 'teleportation' issues and it does lag a bit. Whether this is down to the lag I already have or not I do not know. But the place rarely has more than 2 other people there, often no-one so I doubt too many people are the problem. It is a nice lot though. Needs a little editing (people do not come to the roller-coaster to play chess!)

I would sit and wait unless you just can't help yourself...as I couldn't! :twisted:
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't have lag so far in any town except Isla Paradiso, which is still unplayable even with Error Trap and Overwatch.

The library doesn't have computers because they weren't invented in the 1930's. It's called historical accuracy. It's a shame there's no children's section though, children definitely were invented in the 30's, and people had more kids in those days than they do now.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Jimboola11 wrote:

As others have reported on this thread there are some 'teleportation' issues and it does lag a bit. Whether this is down to the lag I already have or not I do not know. But the place rarely has more than 2 other people there, often no-one so I doubt too many people are the problem. It is a nice lot though. Needs a little editing (people do not come to the roller-coaster to play chess!)

I would sit and wait unless you just can't help yourself...as I couldn't! :twisted:

I wonder why people don't show up? That is sort of disappointing. I still kinda want it though, and am having a hard time passing it up. As long as it isn't the cause of the world lag I might just go for it.