The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store content after TS4?

Hi everyone.
Does anyone know if the producers will still be making content for The Sims 3 Store after The Sims 4 comes out?
I know that the final expansion and stuff packs are released but will they still make content for the store?
I'd hate it if they stopped just because I've spent so much money on the store and I have loads of unused SimPoints right now. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2013
    I hope that it will be updated too when Sims 4 comes out. I would hate to not to be able to use my Sims 3 store stuff too.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2013
    Do you worry a year in advance for everything? Sims 4 at the earliest won't be out until late Autumn or early Winter, and that is if it all goes well. That aside seeing the Sims 2 store stayed open for around 3 years after Sims 3 came out and it had next to nothing in it - I would not worry about it either way.

I will just keep on enjoying what the store team comes out with as the Sims 3 won't go anywhere unless you stop playing it and give it away, and people stop buying - unless they have changed what they originally said about continuing to make content as long as there is a demand for it. But I would not worry about it if I was any of you. All you have to do is make back up copies of all the stuff in your purchase history and put it on a drive or disk and it will be there when ever you need it.

But Sims 4 is at least a year away...

ETA - The sims points will be usuable in the Sims 4 store as well - one of the Guru's already mentioned that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....