Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Guru Sparkle Has Left EA

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I hope it was a move up!

If there's a job opening they know my email address.... :shock: ;)
    I'd love to work on worlds with EA... but there's thousands of others who would too. :lol:

I'd happily pay for your worlds, if you joined the team. :mrgreen:

ETA: OOps, forgot to say bye to SGSparkle.
    Sparkles-Goodbye-Glitter.gif

See, it sparkles. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2013
    So sad to hear this! Another Simguru is leaving in such a short time. Simguru Sparkle has made one of my favorite worlds in the Store, Aurora Skies. Sims 3 seems to be a sinking ship. :cry: But I won't leave it :wink: I'll go on playing Sims 3, even when Sims 4 is coming.

My best wishes for Simguru Sparkle; I hope she's been offered great opportunities and is doing fine. :)

Isn't Simguru Brett one of the team who is still working on worlds? If I can take this for granted, I have high hopes there are yet some worlds to come in the Store.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2013
    Awww, another Guru bites the dust! I hope it's not anything sinister and I wish SG Sparkle the best! (Now, write that tell all book, former SimGurus, or at least after your NDA expires ;))

SimGuruRFlong would be AMAZING. If she was doing the worlds for Sims 4, well, I'd be onboard, seriously.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    I was very upset to hear Lisa and Sparkle had left, I <3 them. :cry:

I just want to clarify that SimGuruBrett has the same job title as Lisa, he is a store world producer. He took on the role before Lisa left (I thought this meant more store worlds) but I think maybe it was a handover period.

So Brett has taken over Lisa's role and we need to pester him accordingly. Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!!! :twisted: I will begin:

edit:

Also, let's not start the despairing 'THE STORE WORLD END IS NIGH!' business again. No... just... NO! Stop. Don't do that. *wags finger*

Remember we all had a panic when SimGuruSarah left the store world team? Then Smitty wow-ed us with Midnight Hollow and Dragon Valley? As I said, I adored Lisa and Sparkle, but they didn't make the world on their own! They did an amazing job but let's not forget the work that others have done! Who has been making those stunning rabbitholes? And there are other people making the actual world. Maybe other people have the chance to grow and challenge themselves?

And don't forget, our favourite store designer is still working his magic! :D
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2013
    Copeland better stay...forever!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited December 2013

Totally! Swear to god I'd offer him a salary myself if EA ever ditched him or switched him elsewhere! Just name your price ... :D
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow so many gurus leaving lately :shock:

Anyway, good luck in the future, SG Sparkle! I loved your work on Midnight Hollow :)
    900woh.png
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I hope it was a move up!

If there's a job opening they know my email address.... :shock: ;)
    I'd love to work on worlds with EA... but there's thousands of others who would too. :lol:

Thousands might want the job.. but few probably have your kind of talent RFlong! They really should offer you a job.

I would have much more confidence in store worlds if I knew you were helping to build them, Rflong! Your worlds always play the best!

I am sorry to see Sparkle go but not if she is going to a better opportunity! Good Luck!

• Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would have much more confidence in store worlds if I knew you were helping to build them, Rflong! Your worlds always play the best!

I am sorry to see Sparkle go but not if she is going to a better opportunity! Good Luck!
    This :thumbup:
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow, gurus dropping like flies. :shock:

Seriously, not happy hearing first, Lisa and now Sparkle. With the end of sims 3 franchise I doubt if they'll be hiring replacements but if they are, let me put my bid up for Rflong also. Your worlds are always amazing and you're only one person. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2013
    I was very upset to hear Lisa and Sparkle had left, I <3 them. :cry:

I just want to clarify that SimGuruBrett has the same job title as Lisa, he is a store world producer. He took on the role before Lisa left (I thought this meant more store worlds) but I think maybe it was a handover period.

So Brett has taken over Lisa's role and we need to pester him accordingly. Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!!! :twisted: I will begin:

edit:

Also, let's not start the despairing 'THE STORE WORLD END IS NIGH!' business again. No... just... NO! Stop. Don't do that. *wags finger*

Remember we all had a panic when SimGuruSarah left the store world team? Then Smitty wow-ed us with Midnight Hollow and Dragon Valley? As I said, I adored Lisa and Sparkle, but they didn't make the world on their own! They did an amazing job but let's not forget the work that others have done! Who has been making those stunning rabbitholes? And there are other people making the actual world. Maybe other people have the chance to grow and challenge themselves?

And don't forget, our favourite store designer is still working his magic! :D

Bless you for this post, because I was *this* ready to deactivate my daggone EA account and go on a sim-strike! :shock: :lol: :XD:

I AM kinda concerned about the state of affairs at EA though, with one guru jumping ship after the other. :(

If Copeland DARES leave I swear I'm gonna freak out. :XD:

Is it because there's little/no crossover ability between TS3 worlds and TS4 worlds, so folks are off for better pastures? IDK.

I'd hope it's cuz they found a place with a bigger paycheck--you can always do better but never do WORSE, I always say. :P

Wherever they've all gone, I wish them all the best, especially in this crappy job market atmosphere lately. :roll: :x Even I've been forced to go back after all these years to get a frikkin college degree (let me enjoy the rest of 2013 before Spring 2014 rolls around and I start killing myself, pfft); you can't even get employed in fast food or retail without the interview being all about: would you consider furthering your education? NO! Wtfrick is wrong with YOU? Then when you DO get the degree they tell you you're overqualified! :shock: Like yo: I just want a CHECK! :x Bah, I'm sick of it all; it's wretched out there.

So truly: all the best! :thumbup:
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2013

Yes, forever! :twisted: *cracks knuckles* :twisted:
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited December 2013
    My exploring of the new world is tinged with sadness now as I always look forward to the sharing of our excitement and thoughts with those involved in the creation process and in return perhaps getting a little feedback and insight from the team.

There are things in the games (going right back to the original 'The Sims') that remind me of those who where involved in the development of them and so, although they are no longer part of EA, they remain part of the game and are never forgotten.

I wish Sparkle and Lisa every success for the future. You will both be missed.

I wouldn't like to speculate as to whether we have just seen our last world or not but I guess that ALL store object production is now based at Salt Lake City. I think we definitely need to chain SimGuruCopeland to his desk, not over Christmas though ...obviously :P

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Then when you DO get the degree they tell you you're overqualified! :shock: Like yo: I just want a CHECK! :x Bah, I'm sick of it all; it's wretched out there.

Isn't that the truth? I just went back for my Masters (at the urging of potential employers) and now it's like *crickets* out there in the job market. I bet we'll find Sparkle and Lisa working at some other gaming company soon enough though.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Bless you for this post, because I was *this* ready to deactivate my daggone EA account and go on a sim-strike! :shock: :lol: :XD:

I AM kinda concerned about the state of affairs at EA though, with one guru jumping ship after the other. :(

Hee hee! I'm too tired to strike today. :lol:

I wouldn't read too much into it. Lisa said she's moving because of her partner's job. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rsammh

And we don't know why Sparkle left, it could have been a number of things. I just hope she is ok. I'm just sad because we didn't really get to say goodbye. I they both know how amazing I think they both are, and how much I appreciate them! I'll never forget the daffodils!!! :D
    H0RTENSIS wrote:
    My exploring of the new world is tinged with sadness now as I always look forward to the sharing of our excitement and thoughts with those involved in the creation process and in return perhaps getting a little feedback and insight from the team.

I feel the same. It might be nice if we could get to know some of the people who work on the worlds a bit more. Who is the mysterious MDT? O.o http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=505114 And who is making all those fantastic rabbitholes?! I think a guru told me once (I have 'mike' stuck in my head but I can't find the tweet now). And who is Lisa talking about here?

I'm so nosy! :oops: :lol:

But it takes a team of people to make these fabulous worlds! And it'd be nice if we knew who to pour our praises on! At the moment Alan has a monopoly on the love! ^.^
    H0RTENSIS wrote:
    I wouldn't like to speculate as to whether we have just seen our last world or not but I guess that ALL store object production is now based at Salt Lake City. I think we definitely need to chain SimGuruCopeland to his desk, not over Christmas though ...obviously :P

Oh, are we not doing that yet? *puts the chains away*

Is all the production at Salt Lake now? *is nosy* Oh, so Brett is at Salt Lake as well as Alan? Ok... *ponders this info in a nosy way*
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited December 2013

Oh, so Brett is at Salt Lake as well as Alan? Ok... *ponders this info in a nosy way*

He is, yes. But I don't know about the mystery gurus :?:

And

:shock: Definitely no chains at the moment ....unless they are paper chains of course, interwoven with tinsel and decorating the office cubes. They deserve a wonderful break for all the awesome stuff they have been producing for us :D

• Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2013
    Not much longer on the Sims 3 store. If all the Guru's are jumping ship. Only saying what I believe is to be the end of the Sims 3 store after The Sims 4 comes out. They did this with Sims 2 now it looks like they are doing it again with Sims 3..

Won't invest in Sims 4 for this main purpose. I lost a computer to a fire with all info from the Sims 2 and the back up disc only contained the items from NO store!

The Sims 3 is doing the same thing.. So I know I will loose all my store items. when and if I replace my computer...
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited December 2013
    H0RTENSIS wrote:

Oh, so Brett is at Salt Lake as well as Alan? Ok... *ponders this info in a nosy way*

He is, yes. But I don't know about the mystery gurus :?:

And

:shock: Definitely no chains at the moment ....unless they are paper chains of course, interwoven with tinsel and decorating the office cubes. They deserve a wonderful break for all the awesome stuff they have been producing for us :D

An ankle bracelet with GPS would allow him to enjoy the holidays while insuring us that he has not wandered too far from getting back to creating more wonderful store content! I'll take the EST zone shift for monitoring the GPS signal.

SG Sparkle: if you are reading this; you are sorely missed, as is Lisa! We were enjoying chatting with you on Twitter, too! If you are still around "out there" - come join our ridiculous and wonderful conversations - as a Sims 3 fan this time! :) Best of luck to you both - it would be cool to learn what you are doing next!

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited December 2013
    oh no! I pray Sparkle goes on to bigger and better things!

Starting to feel bereft here however with sim gurus disappearing right and left, with no sims 4 in sight....

sniff.