Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help My Dream Come True

I have a dream. I want it to become true. I want to be a big YouTube star. I mostly need EA's help with this one. YouTube has changed it's policies, and videos are being deleted by the second now. I do simming on a gaming channel and EA, I have heard a few companies are letting a few people upload their gaming videos. My gaming commentary videos are being deleted as well. I feel like YouTube and punched me so hard, that my sternum broke. Now with these copyright infringement problems, I will never be able to become a star; all my simming videos are being filed as copyright infringement! Can you give people a pass to upload Sim videos on their channels? Such as Lifesimmer, Nicole K. games, Piinksim, Arabella, etc. All are videos aren't being successfully uploaded do to not having a pass, and because of YouTube's mean nature. YouTube was acting like it in in jeopardy, but really it is the gameplay commentators that have little subscribers are being beaten down by these rude and harmful policies. If I was ever to get a pass, I would be in debt to EA. I do buy your games! I do buy sims! They are definitely worth the money!I want to have a gaming channel, but now without a pass it will never happen. Please take notice, Sim Gurus and help? Gaming is my only hobby and I have to upload or I will become bored in seconds. I don't want to not be able to upload. My Christmas wish is to be allowed to upload to YouTube! I can't do that anymore! Sorry to bring the crisis here but it's all I can do. Help me, please! I feel like crying!

Comments

• Options
    nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2013
    Does your videos make use of any copyrighted music? what did the copyright notice say exactly?
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited December 2013
    You fail to recognize SimGurus don't control Youtube.
  • Options
    BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    edited December 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    You fail to recognize SimGurus don't control Youtube.

You failed to read my entire post. I said I wanted a pass, so they could say people can upload these videos without them being removed.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Does your videos make use of any copyrighted music? what did the copyright notice say exactly?

YouTube is a jerk and haven't sent me a notice yet, I found out with detective work, and no copyright music whatsoever. All it was was that I was recording a game.
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sounds to me your issue should be with YouTube and not EA. I just was on YouTube before posting this and found hundreds of sims videos that haven't been removed at all and most contained music. Do your videos contain music? Did you give credit to the artist for using that music? Did you get permission to use the music? If you had no music, have you put anything that could be considered inappropriate? Did you bother to contact YouTube and see why the video was removed?

EA is not going to give you a free pass, people upload videos all the time. The issue is the content in your uploads and you need to figure out what the problems are and fix them yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sounds to me your issue should be with YouTube and not EA. I just was on YouTube before posting this and found hundreds of sims videos that haven't been removed at all and most contained music. Do your videos contain music? Did you give credit to the artist for using that music? Did you get permission to use the music? If you had no music, have you put anything that could be considered inappropriate? Did you bother to contact YouTube and see why the video was removed?

EA is not going to give you a free pass, people upload videos all the time. The issue is the content in your uploads and you need to figure out what the problems are and fix them yourself.

Before this happened I had carefully read all the rules and I did not violate any. YouTube is being very strict. And no, I am not yelling at EA. I was saying maybe they could say to YouTube that sim videos can be uploaded and not be removed from the public.
  • Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited December 2013
    Another alternative is to simply stop uploading to YouTube. Just because they make it easy, doesn't mean they're the only way to post video on the web. People were doing it before it was invented. You could get a private site to upload. But then you'd be under the ToS of your shell host, and the full brunt of any copyright violations would fall on you.

Personally, I don't blame YouTube for changing their policies. They're just trying to cover their own rears. It usually happens after something goes wrong; so blame whichever person screwed up to land YouTube in trouble.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Before this happened I had carefully read all the rules and I did not violate any. YouTube is being very strict. And no, I am not yelling at EA. I was saying maybe they could say to YouTube that sim videos can be uploaded and not be removed from the public.

They aren't going to do this for you. If all of those other videos are still up it is obviously a problem with something in your videos. I still suggest you contact YouTube support and find out what the problem is. Even carefully reading the rules won't stop your videos from being yanked if they are found to violate TOS. Find out what the violation was for, fix it, and reupload. I avoid YouTube all together and post my videos and stories to my private blog. I would suggest that over YouTube if you can't find a valid reason for your videos being yanked.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    what do you mean by detective work? They will usually send you a notice of why your video was taken down or a warning saying your video matched third party content or something they just took your video down no notice whatsoever?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    what do you mean by detective work? They will usually send you a notice of why your video was taken down or a warning saying your video matched third party content or something they just took your video down no notice whatsoever?

Detective work? I saw that in my channel a CAS video was missing in the playlist. I viewed my channel publicly, and noticed some newer videos were also missing. My CAS video was uploaded months ago and showed up before too. I looked in the video manager, and the videos were still in there. The videos went missing on the 10th in this December. Then today, I saw a video uploaded by someone that said YouTube had changed it's copyright policies. It was uploaded on the 11th. I watched my videos, nothing violated the rules. I even made my channel for any age. When I finished watching the policy video this other gamer had made, I knew this had to be the reason my videos haven't been shown to the public.

Edit: I am always on my email attached to my YouTube account. No email. I checked my YouTube inbox. No message. I checked my channel's Google+ page. No notice. Every single thing attached to my YouTube to get notices, I got nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

They aren't going to do this for you. If all of those other videos are still up it is obviously a problem with something in your videos. I still suggest you contact YouTube support and find out what the problem is. Even carefully reading the rules won't stop your videos from being yanked if they are found to violate TOS. Find out what the violation was for, fix it, and reupload. I avoid YouTube all together and post my videos and stories to my private blog. I would suggest that over YouTube if you can't find a valid reason for your videos being yanked.

If the support is a phone call I am not doing it. If it is like an email, sure I will do it. I can't find it so if is like an email I need a link.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Another alternative is to simply stop uploading to YouTube. Just because they make it easy, doesn't mean they're the only way to post video on the web. People were doing it before it was invented. You could get a private site to upload. But then you'd be under the ToS of your shell host, and the full brunt of any copyright violations would fall on you.

Personally, I don't blame YouTube for changing their policies. They're just trying to cover their own rears. It usually happens after something goes wrong; so blame whichever person screwed up to land YouTube in trouble.

Oh I would gladly blame the idiots on YouTube who break rules to be criminals. I also have a few big fans that would be heartbroken if I stopped uploading.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    can you link the video about copyright changes? I would like to watch

Edit: found one that explains what going on. The good news is some game developers are coming forward to say they do not agree with it but who knows if EA will have the same stance

• Options
    edited December 2013

If the support is a phone call I am not doing it. If it is like an email, sure I will do it. I can't find it so if is like an email I need a link.

I don't have the e-mail but I'm sure you can find it. And you should seriously look into a private blog to get around all this nonsense.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I would gladly, but the poor gamer had that policy notice for the other gamers removed. In fact, all his recent videos that were there earlier today have been completely removed. No trace.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I don't have the e-mail but I'm sure you can find it. And you should seriously look into a private blog to get around all this nonsense.

I told you I have already searched for it and found nothing. I also can't find any blogs about the changes yet.
  • Options
    CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2013
    Since not ALL your videos got removed there's probably something you're missing. Your video should still show up in your video manager and it should tell you the reason its not public there. They never "remove" videos completely unless you do it yourself. If it just disappeared try re-uploading? Maybe since your videos are so long they had issues processing. No youtuber is given a "pass" they all have to follow the same copyright rules you do. If they did have an issue they probably appealed it.
    LE45tmE.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    hey BiddyBoo_Two im sorry this is happening but i like nonyabizznazz am not sure of the full details so i can only offer general advice

first contact youtube directly for an explanation for removing some of your video - try to do it in an email exchange since the written word is best in such matters and also contact EA and see if you can get their official stance on the situation

i did find these in the topic
    http://www.geekosystem.com/youtube-copyright-change/

there's also this http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-ubisoft-and-capcom-offer-support-after-huge-spike-in-youtube-copyright-claims/1100-6416659/

basically try get as much info as you can
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    CarlyfinnP wrote:
    Since not ALL your videos got removed there's probably something you're missing. Your video should still show up in your video manager and it should tell you the reason its not public there. They never "remove" videos completely unless you do it yourself. If it just disappeared try re-uploading? Maybe since your videos are so long they had issues processing. No youtuber is given a "pass" they all have to follow the same copyright rules you do. If they did have an issue they probably appealed it.

No notice. I even looked at the video on the manager, no little reason why it isn't showing up. But as I said in an earlier reply, there was an older video that has shown up for a few months now and has started to only show up in the video manager. I might have to try re-uploading. I am not going down without a fight.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    hey BiddyBoo_Two im sorry this is happening but i like nonyabizznazz am not sure of the full details so i can only offer general advice

first contact youtube directly for an explanation for removing some of your video - try to do it in an email exchange since the written word is best in such matters and also contact EA and see if you can get their official stance on the situation

i did find these in the topic
    http://www.geekosystem.com/youtube-copyright-change/

there's also this http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-ubisoft-and-capcom-offer-support-after-huge-spike-in-youtube-copyright-claims/1100-6416659/

basically try get as much info as you can

Thanks a bunch for the links ceejay. I don't even allow ads to play along my videos but yet they still get the copyright thing, but without a notice. Now I want to ask EA to do what other companies are doing, like what Ubisoft and Silver Games are doing.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited December 2013
    I am not a frequent user of you tube nor do I have any published videos. That being said, I was able within a minute on the site to look up the following information.

Untitled_zps4dd99c12.png

Therefore you should be able to figure out this issue on your own. If the above information doesn't help, go to the bottom of the you tube home page and click on copyright where there are other topics you can check out, or click on their policy and safety link which is also at the bottom of the page.

Also if you click on copyright there is a section with a link titled determine what happened to your video. I learned all this within a few minutes of being on the site, so you being a user should be able to navigate and figure out where your trouble lies.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited December 2013
    There is a youtuber named Curtis Paradis, he is also a simmer. On an episode of his show Now, which he posted this week, he said that Youtube is removing Let's Play's for many simmers and as of yet there has been no information as to why the videos are being removed.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited December 2013
    You do realize YouTube doesn't remove videos proactively. The only time YouTube removes a video is if the copyright owner files a complaint against you.

If I own a copyrighted work and you use it, I can go to YouTube and file a complaint and YouTube will pull it.

YouTube also allows copyright holders to use automated systems to file complaints. These are highly sophisticated, for instance, if you own a copyright to a song and I put the song on YouTube and speed it up, there's a good chance the automated system will be able to tell.

On the flip side, these automated systems make mistakes and can be abused as well.

This may be of interest:
    Yesterday [Dec 11, 2012], GameBeat reported that YouTube’s Content ID, an automated copyright-violation-fighting bot, was flagging hundreds (if not thousands) of game-related videos. Popular YouTube users like TheRadBrad, who has 2 million subscribers thanks to his gameplay walkthrough videos, found that the video-sharing site had sent him dozens of emails alerting him of copyright violations. This means that TheRadBrad and other uploaders in the same situation can no longer earn ad revenue for the offending videos — even though they are still available to watch on YouTube.

Full article at:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/11/youtube-ignores-content-creator-concerns-in-statement-regarding-mass-copyright-flagging/

Note how I quoted part of the article and linked the rest? That's legal, quoting the entire article is a violation of copyright... :)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    Note how I quoted part of the article and linked the rest? That's legal, quoting the entire article is a violation of copyright... :)
    :lol::lol:

i also found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35P2-kVuHKI
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I would gladly, but the poor gamer had that policy notice for the other gamers removed. In fact, all his recent videos that were there earlier today have been completely removed. No trace.

Scratch that; I found it. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35P2-kVuHKI