Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black Friday: What do you want to see on sale?

I'm going nuts waiting for SimGuruCopeland's picture of the upcoming store content, so I thought I'd start a thread. What would you most like to see on sale if there is a Black Friday/C.yber Monday sale? I would really like to see reductions on all the Premium content. What are y'all looking forward to?
Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind

Comments

• Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited November 2013
    I want to see REALLY good sales on the dance studio, the renaissance faire, and Midnight Hollow! I'd scream with joy if we got good deals on those!!

I also would love to see some of the newer sets for the store go on sale. Like Dreams of India, the new Russia set (but that's really dreaming to think it would so soon), and the country set with the cows (I have the chickens and the tractor, I need those cows!!). Also Fifth Avenue Fashions and Hipster Loft so I could complete those sets with CYS!

Lots of the newer CAS stuff would make me happy too :)
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    At the moment I only have 1 world, 1 venue, 1 PC item, and about 30 individual CAS items left to buy so I'll take anything they're offering to help me "own the store" :P .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    hells456hells456 Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2013
    Picard.

Oops, distracted by your signature! I most want to see the Al Fresco street market. I was waiting for it to come around again on the DD list, but it was past 1am my time and I missed it. I'd like the cinema cheap too.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    I believe that last year they had a some cheaper items at 70-90% off. This would be great for CYS purposes.

And if a world was 50%+ off I would finally buy one. But not the one that is pretty much always dark. I think it would depress me.

Stones-throw with a discount would be nice.

Basically whatever is on offer I want it BIG!
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited November 2013
    All I want is Aurora Skies Gold to go on sale. It's the only world I don't have and some of the items and the toddler PC are nice but I'm not paying full price for it.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited November 2013
    Basically whatever is on my wish list... which is a lot to choose from! I think the biggest thing I'd like to see go on sale is Midnight Hollow. :)
  • Options
    schmittallicaschmittallica Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I'd love worlds and venues at around 75% off since I'll prolly only have like less than a thousand simpoints

...im dreaming
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'd love worlds and venues at around 75% off since I'll prolly only have like less than a thousand simpoints

...im dreaming

Want this soooo bad!!!!

It's happened in past years. But of course, CYS didn't exist then.

But considering worlds and venues don't have CYS, we'd clearly have to spend simpoints anyway, so come on Store, big sales on worlds and venues, please!!
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm going nuts waiting for SimGuruCopeland's picture of the upcoming store content

Me, too.

And I vote for Picard, also. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2013
    me too donna!

ok i wish they would put everything on sale :)so that everyone is happy... but also have some give-aways like much older sets/venues given out at certain times

oh and i would love for them to give you the ability to gift say one person something free!

and lastly i would love for them to provide one new set that is free - doesnt have to be holiday just something to give thanks to us simmers
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    me too donna!

ok i wish they would put everything on sale :)so that everyone is happy... but also have some give-aways like much older sets/venues given out at certain times

oh and i would love for them to give you the ability to gift say one person something free!

and lastly i would love for them to provide one new set that is free - doesnt have to be holiday just something to give thanks to us simmers

These are great ideas, ceejay!!

I love the idea of letting each person gift one other person something for free. They could cap it at a certain number of sp (maybe 75 or 100) so that we weren't all gifting sets and venues or anything. It would be very much in the holiday spirit.

Would love a free set too!

Another idea that I thought of when looking at my emails: other stores advertise all the time that on a certain day you get 40% off of your whole purchase at that store. What if this store did that kind of thing too, where for one day you could purchase any one thing you wanted for a certain percentage off? Or you could add multiple things to your cart and purchase them all at the same time for that percentage off?

I bet it would get people to spend simpoints, knowing they could get any set/venue/world they've wanted at a discount price!
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited November 2013
    There's nothing for me to buy, so what I'd really like is a simpoint sale so I can have points stocked up for future purchases. THAT would be amazing to me.
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited November 2013
    Everyone has such great ideas! Ceejay, I love the idea of being able to gift someone a single item up to say 75 or 100 simpoints for free. That would be so nice, and very much in the spirit of the season.

Most people would love to see venues and worlds, and I can totally relate to that. As well I'd love to see all of the sets that are eligible for CYS to be discounted so that those of us who own parts of many sets could finally complete all those puppies. Really I think I'll just be happy if we do have a great sale, there's still been no official word, has there?

Depending on how nostalgic I'm feeling, Kirk or Picard. :wink:

• Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited November 2013
    The Dance Studio and the Restaurant Venue! I hope they go on sale before I spend all my points.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thanks jojo, and i too would love the idea of having one of your purchases being reduced - and i like 40%!

GoddessHekate - i agree simspoints sale is soooo needed !! ive myself have never enjoyed one i would so love to

i just hope that whatever they do that it is truly noteworthy since they no longer give significant reductions during the year
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jojo777 wrote:
    I love the idea of letting each person gift one other person something for free. They could cap it at a certain number of sp (maybe 75 or 100) so that we weren't all gifting sets and venues or anything. It would be very much in the holiday spirit.
    I love the idea of being able to gift someone a single item up to say 75 or 100 simpoints for free. That would be so nice, and very much in the spirit of the season.

Ahh, Jojo! Great minds think alike. :D

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Everyone has such great ideas! Ceejay, I love the idea of being able to gift someone a single item up to say 75 or 100 simpoints for free. That would be so nice, and very much in the spirit of the season.

Most people would love to see venues and worlds, and I can totally relate to that. As well I'd love to see all of the sets that are eligible for CYS to be discounted so that those of us who own parts of many sets could finally complete all those puppies. Really I think I'll just be happy if we do have a great sale, there's still been no official word, has there?

thanks and no official word yet :( basically i think if we dont hear by Tuesday its not lookin good though i have much faith! since its holiday time
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jojo777 wrote:
    I love the idea of being able to gift someone a single item up to say 75 or 100 simpoints for free. That would be so nice, and very much in the spirit of the season.

Ahh, Jojo! Great minds think alike. :D

Hahaha! Very true :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:

thanks and no official word yet :( basically i think if we dont hear by Tuesday its not lookin good though i have much faith! since its holiday time

I don't see why they wouldn't! So many of us are basically ready to open up our wallets at the word of sales! I know if there was a simpoint sale OR promise of a big sale (or both, in a perfect situation!) I'd fork out some money, otherwise you can bet the store's not getting my money for a long time :lol:

I'm also hoping for a good sale on some SPs at Origin!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    so agree jojo! i would so spend more for a big sale :)
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I would love to see Aurora Skies,Grandpa's Grove,Business as Usual Bistro,Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts,Al Fresco Street Market,Le Cinema Plumbob,and Stones Throw Greenhouse any of these for black Friday sales. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to see Lucky Palms go on sale cheap- been wanting it for while but I don't want to pay full price for a world that old.

As far as sets go, pretty much only the Hipster Loft and a couple of compilations that would help me with my CYS.

Venues are what I would like to see the most- the Dance Studio, Bistro, and cinema are on my wishlist :).
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm kind of confused that we have no word about the sales. Amazon has been sending me emails ALL DAY LONG, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. Why so secretive, EA?

I would love some world sales, so I can finally get the ones I missed out on-Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies. I pretty much want to pick up anything that has build items I don't have yet, so Grims, the spa and the dance studio. I would love the newer sets to go on sale, but that will probably not be. I can hope!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm kind of confused that we have no word about the sales. Amazon has been sending me emails ALL DAY LONG, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. Why so secretive, EA?

I've been racking my brain trying to remember if the store pre-announced the sale last year, and I just can't. All I can remember was how excited I was and how much money I spent! I would love it if some of the newer sets went on sale. It seems unlikely they will even if we do get a big sale like last year, but as you said, it doesn't hurt to hope!

So many people want worlds. I'm really hoping that they at least put some of the older worlds on sale, and a simpoint sale would rock.

• Options
    DCANDCAN Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Is c yber Monday/black Friday this week?