Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about the Corn?

Sounds like a country song, but seriously, is it broken forever, is there a fix, was it never supposed to be there? I lost track. I'd really like to get this, but the corn thing is a deal breaker for me. I don't put things that are broken in my game...anymore.

Comments

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    It was most likely not put there for current use, but for future use. It would make sense to stagger out the releasing of farm content, because not everyone likes farms.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hope they either fix the corn soon or release whatever it is that's going to activate it -- I want a cornfield with a scarecrow on my farm! 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe It's been geneticaly modified so it won't grow.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited November 2013
    We should be getting a set a week before Thanksgiving and corn goes beautifully with it. I am hoping we will get a set that will activate it, or that they fix it. I am hoping for the delayed activation for Thanksgiving. I think it is weird that the Gurus aren't responding about it. I think that we weren't suppose to notice it, or it wasn't suppose to be in this set.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe It's been geneticaly modified so it won't grow.

HA! :P
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    We should be getting a set a week before Thanksgiving and corn goes beautifully with it. I am hoping we will get a set that will activate it, or that they fix it. I am hoping for the delayed activation for Thanksgiving. I think it is weird that the Gurus aren't responding about it. I think that we weren't suppose to notice it, or it wasn't suppose to be in this set.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited November 2013
    We know it's gonna happen! We don't know when. Soonish? I hope so, too!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hope they either fix the corn soon or release whatever it is that's going to activate it -- I want a cornfield with a scarecrow on my farm! 8)
    I always forget about that scarecrow!

I hope when the corn comes that they don't make it look weird! *cough... banana tree... cough* :lol:
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2013
    A SG confirmed the corn is not broken. It was placed there as an easter egg to show what is to come. So yes at some point probably in the near future, corn is coming.

And I agree with elanorbreton. Corn fields is something I keep hearing mentioned so yeah, corn that looks like corn/cornfield would be nice. Even though I don't even own the Grandpa's Grove, lol. So I'm pretty sure the corn would be coming in a not free store set.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited November 2013
    what corn I don't see a venue with corn in it? someone show me the way please.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2013
    sirona66 wrote:
    what corn I don't see a venue with corn in it? someone show me the way please.
    hey sirona66 if you have the new grove under buydebug there is a new crop that when its codes were reviewed turned out to be corn
    currently you cant do anything with it but there is a modder that has figured out how to make the corn plant-able
    MTS_douglasveiga-1396491-Screenshot-101.jpg
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=496567&c=1&ht=&page=56&pp=25#startcomment

here's SGC's quote on the topic
    The only "official" harvestable with the venue is oranges. I'll definitely have some folks look into the mystery item, but it's more of an "Easter Egg" and shouldn't factor into any decision to purchase this super cool venue.

found here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/723730.page

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, it actually looks like corn, and not a generic bush.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    @bklienhart

I agree about the look of the corn. I think that since the Store team took the time to create the look of the cornstalks, the corn harvestable is going to be unlocked in a future farming set. Now, the only question is when that farming set is going to come out. I hope it is sooner than later! :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2013
    @bklienhart

I agree about the look of the corn. I think that since the Store team took the time to create the look of the cornstalks, the corn harvestable is going to be unlocked in a future farming set. Now, the only question is when that farming set is going to come out. I hope it is sooner than later! :)
    If this mystery crop/corn crop is an Easter egg to some new store set. Then it probably won't be long before the set comes out. :D
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited November 2013
    Here's hoping it's a "Children of the Corn" set ;)

And yes, it's definitely corn:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, that picture definitely looks promising!

My main wish for the corn is that I hope we get many new recipes!
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2013
    Let's hope EA didn't Team up with Monsanto.. ;)

I hope they gonna fix it soon.
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all of the updates.
    I think that I'll hold out until EA has something more to say about what's next. The oranges are OK, and the tractor is well made, but, the rest is just bla. For me..its all about the corn. On cornstalks.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would like the sims to be able to do something with the corn like eat it or make cream corn dish. Which by the way I hate. I am tired of sims just taking the produce to the store and selling it.
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2013
    Whiskey?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Whiskey?
    Well there is drinks in the game that would fit into that category. Those drinks are mixed drinks, juice, and nectar. All three do give the sims a buzz. So why not include a whisky type of drink into the game. :D
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited November 2013
    bklienhart wrote:

lol
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe they'll add a banjo too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m9_KDzv5X8
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    I can't believe people considered something that clearly we were not suposed to get yet as a deal breaker for a whole set.

thats like saying "OMGAWD, I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THAT BECAUSE IT IS THE WRONG SHADE OF BLUE! It needs to be just slightly, but not perceptably darker before I will buy it."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bklienhart wrote:

lol
    If they had made the corn look more like a another plant in that's in the game. I would think that they would have made it look like a sunflower rather than a bush. Since the stem of a sunflower looks very similar to that of a corn stock. But they didn't, which is a good thing. :D:lol: