Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's hear your background story for Island Paradise!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think I might start a new young adult, living in a different town and immediately take them to university and after graduation, her parents charter a luxury houseboat and throw a major party to celebrate her graduation .... but suddenly a storm sweeps across the town and wrecks the house boat leaving her stranded and shipwrecked. This is where I will move her to Isla Paradiso and strand her on a deserted island where she will have to fend for herself until she has enough resources gathered to build a raft and sail to the larger island.

Still grieving for her parents she will get a job as a life guard on the main island and save her money til she can afford to build a resort on her deserted island. After opening her resort I'll send her to learn snorkeling and scuba diving, so she can search for treasure at the bottom of the sea and maybe become a treasure hunter.

Eventually I'll marry her off ... just not sure if she will fall in love with a beach bum, a resort visitor, her scuba dive instructor, or maybe a merman?? decisions! decisions! 8) 8)
  • Options
    MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm so many EPs behind, I haven't a clue on a backstory for IP.
    Whenever Origin has a sale, then for sure I'll come up with something that has to do with a mermaid. Absolutely love mermaid movies; love them!

In my head I keep hearing the Beach Boys :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/WXB4LspLQE0

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    edited June 2013
    My background story is of Adrian Fox who begins working at his family owned hotel to earn money to go to university. While working he meets a girl named Leslie who also works there and she developed a crush on him. Though she introduces him to a friend of hers and he likes her friend and both start going out much to her displeasure. Afterwards their relationship begins to fall apart and both Adrian and Leslie are invited to a party. They drink too much and end up woohooing and Leslie becomes pregnant. Upset because Adrian still didn't break up with his gf, she resigns and goes to travel around Isla Paradiso and who knows . The two young lovers may encounter eachother afterwards. :wink:
  • Options
    pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sims background is one i posted awhile ago! Well here it is,

There once was a woman named Nicole Banks and a man named Chris Banks. They were married happily in Starlight Shores. They thought they had it all.... They we quite wrong.... After they woohooed Nicole was pregnant. She then had 2 lovely girls named Kaylie and Charolotte. After awhile they realized that Starlight Shores was not a good place to raise young ones for there was too many performers with skimpy costumes and alot of bullying. So they won the lottery and moved to Isla Paradisio! Along the way they also picked up Herman The Cat!!!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sims background is one i posted awhile ago! Well here it is,

There once was a woman named Nicole Banks and a man named Chris Banks. They were married happily in Starlight Shores. They thought they had it all.... They we quite wrong.... After they woohooed Nicole was pregnant. She then had 2 lovely girls named Kaylie and Charolotte. After awhile they realized that Starlight Shores was not a good place to raise young ones for there was too many performers with skimpy costumes and alot of bullying. So they won the lottery and moved to Isla Paradisio! Along the way they also picked up Herman The Cat!!!

You made me laugh, "they picked up Herman the cat."
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    DART104 wrote:
    LizNuique wrote:
    My sim will purchase the almost in foreclosure resort and build it up into the go-to 5 star resort hub of the islands.

Another story I have in mind is my ever grumpy werewolf Logan meets a mermaid during a beach party (but he spots her before in the water but doesn't believe he just saw a mermaid).....lame I know but its all I got.

Cool ideas, LizNuique!! I'm going to upgrade a foreclosed resort as well!! That should be so much fun! I'm a Libra, so it's our job to beautify the world, lol. I hope you post some "Before" and "After" pics of your foreclosed resort ... that would be great! :)

I will and cool I'm a libra as well XDD
  • Options
    awaiirain0awaiirain0 Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2013
    I loved reading all of your background stories. I'm liking the idea of trying to survive just off of a houseboat at sea. Maybe an apocalypse scenario likes Orbit17's sims.
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited June 2013
    I want to do a Cast Away type story, where they start off with nothing and work up, May even do like a the Adam and Eve Challenge and clear the map for it not sure :?:

That sounds like alot of fun, i always wanted to try a challenge where you populate the world with your family...but doesn't the story progression mode glitch and sims your not playing randomly disappear? For example, a family your not playing has a baby, but after it becomes a child it disappeared. I think its because the town has no housing in it. So maybe the adam and eve challenge might work...if you don't start out with an empty map? At least leave the housing lots in it.
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2013
    My story starts with a alien. He was a mutant on his own planet so he left and drifts around Isla Paradiso fishing and diving and earning money however he can. Then one day he meets a vacationing tourist and they fall in love and start drifting around together. :)
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited June 2013
    Strange large moving contraptions that float on water are finally invented and brought to Starlight Shores. As sims are attempting to reach their front door and walk through it backwards by jumping into their pool and swimming into a wall with a plate stuck to their hand they wonder how they were so stupid that they never thought to make these marvelous floating things before.

Anyway my sims get a sweet lookin' house boat and live happily ever after floating on the water getting buzzed on juice and cinnamon and searching for mermaids, the end.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited June 2013
    First off, with all the great Store toddler stuff, I started my favorite twins as toddlers for the first time. They were on the same cruise ship that stranded the Burbs on Dragon Valley. They are living there happily as children now. The family will be rescued about June 25 and will realize that they enjoyed the quiet life but would like more modern conveniences. They will move to the next set of islands over that seem like there is more social life to be had. The parents may even go to University if they can tear themselves away from the hotel business.
  • Options
    awaiirain0awaiirain0 Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2013
    bump
  • Options
    DuskeynDuskeyn Posts: 200 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim Heidi graduated from Sims University with a foundation degree in Communication. Whilst on Campus she met boyfriend, later fiance, and now husband Harley and the two happily live within the surburbs of Sunset Valley. Harley is a Sport Agent and spends most of his time at the gym or working away in his upstairs office, whereas Heidi has a thirst for education and has returned to Sims University to get her Masters degree in Business. She will then use this to run her own resort hotel of which she will manage and work within whilst juggling life at home with potential children and pets, etc.

This is it so far! :D
    DIXON.png
  • Options
    QuesitaQuesita Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    Norma was born in Barnacle Bay. Although she loves the water, somehow, the town feels like a dead end for her. She has no family, and honestly, although she has many acquaintances who consider themselves her friends, there is no one in town who she feels close to.

Norma seemed to have such a bright future. She graduated from the University with honors, and when she came back to her modest home, she got a great job offer at the local science facility. In spite of the fact that she has gotten multiple promotions, and has been making great money, she still lives in her dumpy little starter home, with very few amenities. She is saving every penny she can.

Norma is an enigma to the folks in town. She is beautiful. Young. Accomplished. Yet all she does is work, save money, and build up her skills. She doesn't go to parties. She seems to have no interest in romance. She has a bit of a rebellious streak. But it never seems to manifest itself in any way, other than playing kickyball.

But she is quietly planning to do something bold.

Norma plans to just disappear one day. Soon. Her dream is to take her savings and her skills, and to push her rebellious level just over the edge and gain an enhanced love of the sea, and just buy a houseboat. Somewhere else. Somewhere new. Somewhere exotic. She imagines herself on the sea, fishing, exploring, perhaps finding romance.

Norma does not know what her future holds. But she knows that in spite of the fact that no one in town suspects, she is about to reinvent herself.
  • Options
    Larelle82Larelle82 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Well, My Idea was... A poor Girl and her boyfriend move to Isla Paradiso. The boyfriend ends up becoming a Captain, and the girl goes with him on his voyages to explore the treasures underwater :D . After the girl becomes skilled enough, her and her boyfriend find an hidden island. :-o The two of them actually get stuck on their island when their boat mysteriously disappears. They buy a Workshop table thing (The Item from Ambitions) and slowly start to make this island their new home. Eventually the Boyfriend finds a beautiful mermaid, and cheats on his girlfriend :cry:... BUT, he gets attacked by a shark and dies :mrgreen: and the girl makes a Resort on her island. BAMMM. I know... Kinda lame... :roll:
  • Options
    CranberryAppleCranberryApple Posts: 186 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Duskeyn wrote:
    My sim Heidi graduated from Sims University with a foundation degree in Communication. Whilst on Campus she met boyfriend, later fiance, and now husband Harley and the two happily live within the surburbs of Sunset Valley. Harley is a Sport Agent and spends most of his time at the gym or working away in his upstairs office, whereas Heidi has a thirst for education and has returned to Sims University to get her Masters degree in Business. She will then use this to run her own resort hotel of which she will manage and work within whilst juggling life at home with potential children and pets, etc.

This is it so far! :D

Sounds like they are off to an amazing start! :D
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would clear out the town with the expansion and play it emptied out and have my own Sims settle there and EA's SP will have to be turned off so the game save dosen't get corrupted from that nasty game-breaker.I will have to manage story progression manually.I'll have some Sims move onto a very cheap houseboat and live there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emptyGforceemptyGforce Posts: 117 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Just yesterday, I moved in a household of five roomates; they are explorers: a commander, a bodyguard, a bioscientist, an engineer, and a geoscientist. The object will be to uncover hidden lands, collect stuff to sell, and other ways to make money. I'm not interested in building a resort empire.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimsMasterGirl12SimsMasterGirl12 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Hi :mrgreen: ! My Island Paradise story is pretty cool in my opinion. Melanie Corstone and Will Corstone both lived in Bridgeport. They both lived a life as city people, waiting for an opportunity to come out to take a vacation. Will was a firefighter, making more than 1,000 dollars each time he extinguished a fire. Melanie was a mixoligist, working at the hot spot every night making money to save up. Once they had enough money, they packed there bags and headed off to Isla Paradiso. They live on a houseboat and are dying to meet mermaids and adventures for them to discover.

You can take the idea I don't really care! They don't need the skills for like mixoligist and stuff. Hope I could help! :mrgreen: