Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grandpa's Grove is up!! (1700 SP) Post pictures! :)

Comments

• Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited November 2013
    melonchai wrote:
    So I planted the mystery plant and 7 days later it's not even sprouting yet! OMG This will be the death of me!!!

You need to use a fairy to get it to bloom!

Ain't nobody got time for that.

This sounds like a job for the "Next Growth State" function of Twallan's Debug Enabler.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Love that response.

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited November 2013
    rjhenn14 wrote:
    So Sims VIP on twitter says it's corn but it seems to be broken:

<p>"Apparently the "secret" harvestable is Corn, but it is not functioning like other harvestables (seems broken) <a href="http://t.co/KFSjVWI851">pic.twitter.com/KFSjVWI851</a></p>&mdash; SimsVIP (@SimsVIP) <a href=" 7, 2013</a>"

Oh no, I mean YAY for corn but not if it's broken :(

If anyone has any pictures please do share them :wink:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2013
    Yay! Corn! I can't wait til it gets fixed to see what it looks like. Hopefully it will be full on stalks so I can make some corn mazes. I love some corn mazes, they will go well with the fall festival lot.

And I guess my sims can eat corn too. :lol:

Is it odd that I'm more excited about the corn for the mazes?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GrandmaSnoodleGrandmaSnoodle Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2013
    Pics please and does it come with Grandpa?
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    @simka72 - Did you place one and only one starter section as SimGuruCopeland said?

Yes, I did, but still..
    Thanks for your help though - did Simgurucopeland post something more about this? Do you have a link? :)
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited November 2013
    So I planted the mystery plant and 7 days later it's not even sprouting yet! OMG This will be the death of me!!!

You need to use a fairy to get it to bloom!

I did! But you can't interact with it! I just read that it seems to be broken. Oh please simguru's fix this ASAP! I want corn!!!!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's broke???!! :cry::cry::cry:
    Oh please simguru's fix this ASAP! I want corn!!!!

PLEASE .. Please fix this!!

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh, my plumbob, we got corn and it's not working! How disappointing! I hope SimGuruCopeland sees this on the forums and it gets fixed right away! I'm really curious to see how they look in-game.

Also, how do we make orange juice?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2013
    Seriously! Help SimGuruCopeland. I want to buy this venue but I am waiting now until the corn is fixed as the corn is one of the major selling points to this venue for me!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    simka72 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    @simka72 - Did you place one and only one starter section as SimGuruCopeland said?

Yes, I did, but still..
    Thanks for your help though - did Simgurucopeland post something more about this? Do you have a link? :)
    No, I don't have a link. I'm just going by what he said in the thread stickied to the top of this section. Sorry that I'm no help.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    Looking forward to seeing pictures! :D

I have a little question - Can the dirt track be used just as a pathway or does it have to have the tractor associated with it? I am terrible at terrain painting and this would be such a nice alternative.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Can anyone confirm if oranges and the mystery corn are sold at the grocery store?

I never use buydebug, so it'd be easier for me to send my sim to the grocery.

I also would love to know if it is sold in the market stands, too.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oranges are sold at the grocery store. I'm guessing corn will be too when it gets fixed. Shame about that.

Here's some pics:

Tractor1.jpg

Tractor2.jpg

Tractor3.jpg

Tractor4.jpg

Harvesting only reaches the crops close to the road, so when he did it in this garden he ended up with just apples and onions. I think the onions were on the sothernmost edge of that field to the right of the last pic. The tractor does not go all around the track, only where it is lit up in green on the last pic. This is when I did the 'test for valid track'.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    that toddler in it's special seat on that hayride is the cutest thing ever!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I'd really like this as well but I don't want to purchase broken things. I am certainly hoping it is fixed before the sale ends. Also, I wonder why the valid track isn't completely usable, just parts? Also, is the path recolorable, anyone that has it?
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    so cute a toddler

oh so it only hits the neares plant... that's not great I wish it reach longer.....

so you can recolor the track, nice to know.

can hardly wait for some reviuws
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @elanorbreton

Thank you for checking on the grocery store for me. I appreciate it!

Your pics look great! Thank you for sharing! I hope that you are having a lot of fun. I won't be able to download until later this evening (at work atm).

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow - this looks amazing, however it's sad to see that it's broken. I really hope they spot this and fix it soon. I'm guessing it shouldn't take much to fix, though I'm not a developer, so who knows.

Can't wait to see the variations made on this venue, incorporating things like the chicken coop and market stalls perhaps. Also I'd love to see a fall festival venue with tractor rides!
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited November 2013
    @elanorbreton

So glad you were able to confirm this .. I tried this again with another Sim and it's showing for them at the store. Maybe it needed a little extra time ... idk but it wasn't showing before.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hoping for a guru response soon about the broken one, maybe we can get some stuff cleared up... also I wonder what recipes we could use the corn for?
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow - this looks amazing, however it's sad to see that it's broken. I really hope they spot this and fix it soon. I'm guessing it shouldn't take much to fix, though I'm not a developer, so who knows.

Can't wait to see the variations made on this venue, incorporating things like the chicken coop and market stalls perhaps. Also I'd love to see a fall festival venue with tractor rides!

I just hope that the tracktor and the tracks is not one of the items that needs to be permanent... because I don't really want it at any of the other festivals.

it does look amazing

to bad about the broken part, hope they fix it soon... like this week :lol:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited November 2013
    Really love that pic of the toddler in the back, looks like they're throwing a tantrum.

Just wondering if everyone has patched to 1.63? Is that absolutely necessary for this item to fully function ie, the corn not growing.
    Corn takes quite a while in real life too mind you, so maybe it just needs longer.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @elanorbreton

So glad you were able to confirm this .. I tried this again with another Sim and it's showing for them at the store. Maybe it needed a little extra time ... idk but it wasn't showing before.

Thank you for double-checking and confirming that it might take a little time to show at the grocery store.

I'm going to plant a bunch of orange trees, along with bananas, lemons, and eggplants. I always forget about those three in the game.

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe if the OP changes the title the Gurus will see that it is broken...
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:
    Really love that pic of the toddler in the back, looks like they're throwing a tantrum.

Just wondering if everyone has patched to 1.63? Is that absolutely necessary for this item to fully function ie, the corn not growing.
    Corn takes quite a while in real life too mind you, so maybe it just needs longer.

My game is fully updated, and there isn't even ever an option to click on the item, or when you hover over it it doesn't read as anything...