Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rating Pending! I have hope now!

Got ITF today and the insert for TS4 says RATING PENDING!!!!! Maybe they are thinking about losing the T rating! Oh man, imagine having vampires and werewolves who can kill! :mrgreen: I'll be the first in line to snatch it up! If they do choose a T rating again, I'm out. I'm not going down that road again. I want a Lestat, not an Edward. :lol:
If they do change the rating, the teens who want it will get it. One way or the other, just like GTA5. :wink:

Comments

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm totally with you with wanting Lestat, not Edward. 8)

However, I'm sure they have to submit every new game to be rated independently, regardless of whether the previous Sims games had a "Teen" rating or not. They've submitted the game to receive a rating, but it doesn't mean the rating is going to change. I'd be very surprised if the rating changed to anything but "Teen".

I hope this made sense. I'm tired and I hope I haven't reached that point of exhaustion where my sentences stop being coherent. LOL. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2013
    It says rating pending on expansion pack announcement inserts i got in the game sometimes. It wont loose that Teen rating. I just know it wont.

The rating pending is only placed there because the game is not final yet. If its not finished than they cant determine a rating yet as they are still adding content.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm just hoping it keeps the T rating, as opposed to a E 10+ or some such. Long live my vampires!

*And yes. Let's model Lestat. Not Edward. Those vampires couldn't even admire their own power...
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can't do another T rated sims game. I just can't. Plasma juice from a fridge won't cut it for me anymore. I'm so over it, unless they change.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Rating Pending just means the ESRB hasn't given an official rating yet.

However, expect it to be rated T yet again. The graphics style is in line with certain other T-rated games and the images so far suggest activities of about the same level.
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited October 2013
    I feel like if it changes at all it will change to e10+ :roll:

We can hope though right? :lol:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    We can hope. I really don't want to give up sims. :cry: The rating will determine it for me. (& some weather in the base game too!) :lol:
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited October 2013
    We can hope. I really don't want to give up sims. :cry: The rating will determine it for me. (& some weather in the base game too!) :lol:

I definitely wouldn't like sims 4 if they made it for children (no woo hoo and such) but I am content if they stay at the same rating now because I know I enjoyed the game even with dumb vampires. I would like it if it was a bit more mature though :wink:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm from Australia, what is e10+?
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'd rather not have to drink juice and that kind of thing, so I'd definitely welcome changing the rating. I seriously doubt that will happen though, and like others have said if it did the rating would probably go down not up. :(
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited October 2013
    + If they go for a e10+ rating, they'll lose the M crowd's interest.
    + If they got for an M rating, they'll lose both the T and the e10+ crowd.

So I think they'll stick to Teen rating for now.
    And hopefully they read the forums and will make another simulation game, more adult oriented, in a not too far future.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited October 2013
    Whitneysim wrote:
    I'm from Australia, what is e10+?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

EVERYONE 10+

Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I wish there was a rating between T & M. I want a little violence, vampires who kill. I don't want blood and gore. I don't want to see the woohoo. If the sims use bad language, no one will notice. :lol:
    I want drunk gnomes back and cakes with dancers that pop out and strip for the crowd. Like it was in TS1. TS1 wasn't so childish & that's why I fell in love with this game.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    Rating Pending just means the ESRB hasn't given an official rating yet.

However, expect it to be rated T yet again. The graphics style is in line with certain other T-rated games and the images so far suggest activities of about the same level.

This.

Also - a side note, when a rating is given, it means the game's content is all locked in and development has finished, ready for release.