Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Install proper population controls in TS4 please.

With Supernatural in TS3 several occult lifestates were introduced as playable Sims. And that is AWESOME. HOWEVER, a lot of Simmers like to play as "realistically" as possible. Now EA gave us the ability to turn off most of the occults BUT... we're still "stuck" with Aliens, Mermaids, Zombies and Ghosts no matter what... at least if we want to have all the expansions. This has NEVER made any sense to me. Now it doesn't really affect me personally (tho I still find the zombies vaguely annoying)because I DO play with all the occults on as a rule but I know an awful lot of Simmers really wish they had more control of the supernatural population. Plus, a lot of people like to play multiple games, some set up with NO occults, and some set up with only specific ones, etc. It's really all part of the "play your way" mindset, which is SUPPOSED to be what The Sims is all about... yet EA keeps taking away our ability to do this by adding occult lifestates we CAN'T turn off. So THIS time EA, please get it right and give us population controls that allow us to decide whether or not we want ANY of the occult lifestates in our game.

Also, PLEASE make it so that all controls are set to INDIVIDUAL SAVED GAMES. For instance, the celebrity system makes no sense in the town with Pets, at least not for a lot if people. So if I'm playing a game there I turn it off. But then, if I want to play my movie star in Bridgeport... I have to go in and turn it back on. If I want to play a game with no vampires...and another game where my main focus IS vampires... I have to constantly keep changing my population controls. This also makes no sense. So give us population and, really, all other control options, that are keyed to each individual saved game.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think you are going to have to worry about any of this in the next game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2013
    I loved playing occults but when Late Night the celebs and vampires did get very out of hand.

The controls they introduced in Supernatural should have been available immediately. I don't want the entire town to be vampires. I really hated how every Sims I played got turned into a celebrity... what's even the point of having celebrities if they're so common?
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    I loved playing occults but when Late Night the celebs and vampires did get very out of hand.

The controls they introduced in Supernatural should have been available immediately. I don't want the entire town to be vampires. I really hated how every Sims I played got turned into a celebrity... what's even the point of having celebrities if they're so common?

^ This.

I had hoped that when the celebrity system came into play that it would have been more player created than game. For example, you get to level 9 or 10 in your career you would "earn" a celebrity status, not the current "I'm friends with 5 celebrities so I'm now a 5 star celeb."

Also, I don't mind having supernaturals in the towns as they give a unique and fun aspect. But the spawning is overdone!

Once ITF has been released I intend to start using some of the mods I've heard about in the last 4 years, and see if I like Sims3 a bit more than I do right now.
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh yeah... when they reintroduce celebrities, they need to include an option on difficulty of obtaining the stars to it.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    I would hope they would do it sensibly so the only ones that become celebrities are the ones who are in celebrity careers . But that may be far too much to wish for .
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'd agree that the celebrity system itself needs a complete revamp and SHOULD be tied only to specific careers.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I don't think you are going to have to worry about any of this in the next game.

Why do you say that???
  • Options
    lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    ...an awful lot of Simmers really wish they had more control of the supernatural population.

Yeah, I'm one of them. More control.