Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new car(s) should we have for WA?

I was thinking, will they put any new vehicles in WA? I was thinking for transportatio around town in France, what about those taxis they have in europe? And some fancy european cars like mercedes or bmw`s. In egypt, iam not sure.In china we could have cool futuristic looking cars, or hondas amd toyotas.

Please tell me your ideas!! :D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited September 2009
    ......I was all excited because I saw "WA" and thought that you meant Washington State, where I hail from. :cry: Oh well.

Ummm...anyway, I hear that there will be scooters in World Adventures, which seems appropriate. I think little beater cars would be funny, vehicles with their bumpers falling off and scratches and dents all over. Ha! Since the Sims spent all their money on their world advneture, it's call they can afford when they come back. :lol:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    KakeladysuKakeladysu Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2009
    hmmm--how about a Hummer. :?:
    kakesig004.png
  • Options
    FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2009
    A Citroen 2CV for France and a bicycle Ricksaw for China would be nice.
  • Options
    AndrewSullivanAndrewSullivan Posts: 78 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I want a Vespa. They had one in The Sims Bustin' Out, and now I want to use one in exotic destinations. :D
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited September 2009
    We're already getting vespa scooters, so I'm excited about that.

Hondas and Toyotas aren't Chinese cars.

edit: seems like every other person in france owns a peugeot, so maybe we could also get one of those.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    We're already getting vespa scooters, so I'm excited about that.

Hondas and Toyotas aren't Chinese cars.
    Oh I know we are getting them. I saw it on the box art. I just can't wait to get one! :D
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2009
    All I want is for Sims to actually be able to own their own vehicles like in Nightlife, and for the carpool to *STOP COMING* after the Sim claims their own vehicle.

Right now, the only way the Sim can *own* their own vehicle is if there are two or more on the lot, and the car pool *still keeps coming!*

So, fix *that* for me, EA and I will happily buy my Sim a motor scooter...provided it costs less than $975 for the cheap junk car, but has as much speed.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    funnybone111funnybone111 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Smart cars! I know this is off topic but in rome i saw 217 in two days!
  • Options
    HomeSweetHomeSimHomeSweetHomeSim Posts: 501 New Member
    edited September 2009
    A Jaguar! I love them, have one of my own too. :-)
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    France: smart car, european taxis, peugot
    Egypt: bicycles, mini-buses, camels
    China: rickshaws, toyota, dragons
  • Options
    UcinzUcinz Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    France: smart car, european taxis, peugot
    Egypt: bicycles, mini-buses, camels
    China: rickshaws, toyota, dragons

what, dragons??! ... :shock:

maybe you can't drive it but burn your sim with it.... :lol:

• Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Fresh-Prince makes some pretty good cars at MTS so im not too fussed really, The Bugatti has got to be my fave though 8)
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited September 2009
    HEARSES!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I want a motorcycle. xP
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Same here. I want a 1930's style motorcycle like the kind you see in Indiana Jones. :D
  • Options
    punkerella93punkerella93 Posts: 86 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I think we should have camels, though it's not a car, but you can still ride them though.
  • Options
    AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited September 2009
    If by "cars," you mean promotional cars that require a 16-character code like the "base game's" European Sports Car, than my answer would be none whatsoever. I had to jump through hoops to receive my promotional cars, and would like to be able to use WA out of the box thank you.

If by "cars," you mean material already loaded into the game, then I think the following might be good ideas:

Egypt: I hate to say it, but whomever came up with the idea of the "camel" in place of the "car" probably has the right idea here. The camel would fit the adventure theme, and for an adventure/vacation EP, "cars" really only fit the adventure portion. You could add in a Jeep or a Motorcycle like those seen in films like Indiana Jones, but the camel just seems to make more sense in the "transportation" category.

France: Again, when I think "France," I really don't think "cars," but a Citron of some sort would be pretty cool if only for the fact that they're not really available in the US, because of the unfortunate translation of "Citron" into English as "Lemon."

China: Again, China isn't really a country that conjures up images of the automotive industry. I think a bicycle would be more appropriate here, and might even be a good idea in France as well. I suppose whatever the most popular brand of bicycle is in China could be "Simified" for WA, but I really can't think of a car for China.

In truth, the "problem" with WA and cars, is that none of the countries in WA are really "car countries." If EA had used Japan instead of China, you'd had a slew of options between Toyota, Honda, and even Mazda to choose from. If EA had included Italy, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugotti, and even Fiat would all be brands worth looking at. If EA had included India, then something from Tata would be an option. If EA had included Germany, the Volkswagen Beetle, would be a cool car to have. However, cars really don't mesh with the Sim-style caricatures of China, France, and Egypt.

Finally, this brings me to my one criticism/question about "World Adventures" as a whole. I'm assuming this game is going to be localized outside of the US, correct? Isn't the whole point of having towns with names like "Sunset Valley" and "Riverview," to make it so that the game could be set anywhere? How will EA localize this EP in China, France, and Egypt respectively? For example, will they remove "Sim-China" from the Chinese version of WA, "Sim-Egypt" from the Egyptian version, and Sim-France from the French version, and add in a "Sim-USA" instead that's focused around something like the old west, or Las Vegas? I actually think it'd be better if we were getting "Sim-Asia," "Sim-Europe," and "Sim-Africa." That way, we could mix and match cultural elements from multiple countries within each of those continents, which would allow for a far more unique experience, that would admittedly be more consistent with The Sims as a whole.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    keithie13keithie13 Posts: 2,722 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i would like some jeeps for the sand dunes lol now that would be fun :!: :D
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited September 2009
    keithie13 wrote:

Could be fun. lol!

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited September 2009
    lotlot80 wrote:
    keithie13 wrote:

Could be fun. lol!

you mean will be fun lol :D
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    All I want is for Sims to actually be able to own their own vehicles like in Nightlife, and for the carpool to *STOP COMING* after the Sim claims their own vehicle.

Right now, the only way the Sim can *own* their own vehicle is if there are two or more on the lot, and the car pool *still keeps coming!*

So, fix *that* for me, EA and I will happily buy my Sim a motor scooter...provided it costs less than $975 for the cheap junk car, but has as much speed.

Here here! Make the cars we currently have more useful first.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2009
    Camels and cruise ships (for cruising down the Nile) for Egypt would be nice!

Scooters, Motorbikes and yachts for France would be awesome!

Rickshaw for China would be a really nice touch! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KiaraKiara Posts: 236 New Member
    edited September 2009
    jgg1122 wrote:
    I was thinking, will they put any new vehicles in WA? I was thinking for transportatio around town in France, what about those taxis they have in europe? And some fancy european cars like mercedes or bmw`s. In egypt, iam not sure.In china we could have cool futuristic looking cars, or hondas amd toyotas.

Please tell me your ideas!! :D:D:D

What do you mean with taxis we have in Europe. I´m sure the USA has taxis as well.

I would like to get SUVs for in Egypt. So we can cruise the dessert and don´t have to stay on the main road.
  • Options
    UcinzUcinz Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    HELICOPTERS :mrgreen: .....

yeah..I miss it from TS2 :P
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited September 2009
    AlexRoz9 wrote:
    France: Again, when I think "France," I really don't think "cars," but a Citron of some sort would be pretty cool if only for the fact that they're not really available in the US, because of the unfortunate translation of "Citron" into English as "Lemon."

China: Again, China isn't really a country that conjures up images of the automotive industry. I think a bicycle would be more appropriate here, and might even be a good idea in France as well. I suppose whatever the most popular brand of bicycle is in China could be "Simified" for WA, but I really can't think of a car for China.

Finally, this brings me to my one criticism/question about "World Adventures" as a whole. I'm assuming this game is going to be localized outside of the US, correct? Isn't the whole point of having towns with names like "Sunset Valley" and "Riverview," to make it so that the game could be set anywhere? How will EA localize this EP in China, France, and Egypt respectively? For example, will they remove "Sim-China" from the Chinese version of WA, "Sim-Egypt" from the Egyptian version, and Sim-France from the French version, and add in a "Sim-USA" instead that's focused around something like the old west, or Las Vegas? I actually think it'd be better if we were getting "Sim-Asia," "Sim-Europe," and "Sim-Africa." That way, we could mix and match cultural elements from multiple countries within each of those continents, which would allow for a far more unique experience, that would admittedly be more consistent with The Sims as a whole.
    You would be amazed at how France looks at cars :) Sports cars are quite a big thing in France, as are bicycles and scooters. When a french man or woman sees a flashy sports car, they will go up to it and have a good old stare. Though I guess that's the point, they don't make cars, just look at them like China would stare at flashy cars and never really make any of their own (although they do copy cars from Rolls Royce and Bentley :P) Scooters do seem like the only typical french transport, and that appears to be in the game!

And your last point is a very good one! That seems like a grave error on EAs part... They should of done continents, like you said :)