Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

24 Things I Hate About The Sims - Will The Sims 4 Disappoints Me Again?

Comments

• Options
    LilithLilith Posts: 35 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I think a smoking sim would be irritating after a while, just like with the 'cell phone withdrawal' moodlet constantly popping up seconds after using it.

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:
    4. That is outside the rating of the series.

I faild to see how it would be immoral or inappropriate for kids to have animals killed for comsuption as foodsince the majority of teens eat meat everyday and is aware where that comes from. I mean, in Minecraft you can slaughter animals for food and that didn't get the game rated M.

Sims 4 has what is considered better graphics. I have no idea why that makes a difference either, but for some reason, it generally does.

You're still not selling it to me.

For God sakes, plenty of games rated M have people killing people. Would slaughtering animals for food do The Sims in? I honestly believe you're wrong. Specially, knowing the Sims, they find a way to make it subtle and tasteful, like they do with woo-hoo... And considering many games show that. Not all games featuring meat farming are rated M.

By the way, I don't necessarily want that in the game, but it does seem reasonable if we get a farming element and I cannot phantom how that would raise the ratings.

Then again, Americans seem pretty arbitrary and unreasonable when it come to ratings. You can have a woman being brutally ***** and murdered on CSI, but if a 80 old woman exposes her breast during a mammogram in a medical show, FCC steps in...
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:
    pguida wrote:

I faild to see how it would be immoral or inappropriate for kids to have animals killed for comsuption as foodsince the majority of teens eat meat everyday and is aware where that comes from. I mean, in Minecraft you can slaughter animals for food and that didn't get the game rated M.

Sims 4 has what is considered better graphics. I have no idea why that makes a difference either, but for some reason, it generally does.

For God sakes, plenty of games rated M have people killing people. Would slaughtering animals for food do The Sims in? I honestly believe you're wrong. Specially, knowing the Sims, they find a way to make it subtle and tasteful, like they do with woo-hoo... And considering many games show that. Not all games featuring meat farming are rated M.

By the way, I don't necessarily want that in the game, but it does seem reasonable if we get a farming element and I cannot phantom how that would raise the ratings.

Then again, Americans seem pretty arbitrary and unreasonable when it come to ratings. You can have a woman being brutally ***** and murdered on CSI, but if a 80 old woman exposes her breast during a mammogram in a medical show, FCC steps in...

I just underlined why the ESRB would rate it as outside the T rating for this series. The entire ESRB system is pretty much arbitrary and unreasonable, and it doesn't even make sense on some of the things that will get an M rating.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:
    pguida wrote:

I'm sorry, but how the eff do you make slaughtering an animal tasteful & subtle? No thanks don't want that in my game. I'm content with just fishing.

In TSM, you could tell your sim to go off into the woods and go hunt. The woods was a rabbit hole of course & when they returned they brought back meat.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry, but how the eff do you make slaughtering an animal tasteful & subtle? No thanks don't want that in my game. I'm content with just fishing.
    Fishing is killing and taking a life all the same.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:

But they don't show it being slaughtered. They just show it off & put it in their pocket.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:

I find it odd that Sims can catch and batter an apex predator (and a species which is commonly used in shark fin soup)

But as soon as anyone talks about catching and eating mammals and birds...
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:

I find it odd that Sims can catch and batter an apex predator (and a species which is commonly used in shark fin soup)

But as soon as anyone talks about catching and eating mammals and birds...

To me it isn't the consumption of the animal that makes it inappropriate for the game but rather that the OP stated they wanted to have them 'slaughtered'. If they handled it exactly like fishing then it wouldn't be too bad.

Plus, fish are kind of viewed as their own weird food group for some reason which is why I think people have different standards when it comes to slaughtering animals and slaughtering fish. After all there are vegetarians who will not eat meat yet they eat fish and this is widely accepted in society even though, technically, fish is still a meat.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    But they don't show it being slaughtered. They just show it off & put it in their pocket.

They could do something similar.
  • Options
    sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2013
    pguida wrote:

Not in the Sims 3. Even if you put it in your pocket, you can add it to a fish bowl and it is still alive. They have never showed dead fish - just fish on a menu. People were complaining when they came out with the milking cows that people couldn't interact with them more and be more like pets.

People want to adopt and play with them. An additional option to slaughter them I don't think is a big demand. You could start a poll but I don't think slaughtering options would win.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    To me it isn't the consumption of the animal that makes it inappropriate for the game but rather that the OP stated they wanted to have them 'slaughtered'. If they handled it exactly like fishing then it wouldn't be too bad.

Plus, fish are kind of viewed as their own weird food group for some reason which is why I think people have different standards when it comes to slaughtering animals and slaughtering fish. After all there are vegetarians who will not eat meat yet they eat fish and this is widely accepted in society even though, technically, fish is still a meat.

I know people who don't eat most types of meat but do eat small marine animals. I suppose I can forgive this since fish/crustaceans are less similar to humans than other mammals and birds. It does seem like a double standard though, especially with sharks. I'm not vegetarian but I would never order a shark, fin or otherwise.

I agree that slaughtering animals would be inappropriate for an otherwise blood free game. I wonder if Sims could collect some species of bird though. It would make sense if they were to make a farming or country EP.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited September 2013
    22 things I hate about The Sims:
    1. No height slider in Create A Sim mode.
    2. Less musical instruments to play, like instruments of chinese orchestra and western orchestra.
    3. Less animals to rear, like sheep, pig, zebra, goat, turkey and monkey.
    4. Sims can't kill those animals that can be eaten.
    5. Sims can't eat ice cream and do another thing at once in The Sims 3 Pets.
    6. Sims can't smoke cigarette to be more ******.
    7. Sims can't get short-sighted or long-sighted naturally during their life from when they are born as a baby.
    8. Sims can't fall in love with someone while at school or work.
    9. Unable to watch how those Sims study at their school which is their school life.
    10. Unable to watch how those Sims work at their companies which is their working life; less careers like the daycare career in The Sims 3 Generations.
    11. Sims can't live on the bottom of the apartment in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    12. No neighbours in your Sims' apartment in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    13. Sims can't do anything while driving in a car like listening to a radio.
    14. No extractor or electric fan to decorate the house.
    15. No auto racing.
    16. No cycling skill.
    17. No cycling activities.
    18. No actual disease or illness that can be spread.
    19. No singing skill.
    20. No dancing skill.
    21. Bands can't go on tour in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    22. Less music of pop, dubstep, jazz, rock, country and different kinds of music that we, Simmers, like.

Bare in mind, above all these are just my opinions. Will The Sims 4 ****** me off again? I don't know... Tell me more about your own opinions below. Or what about to do me a favour, create a game like this if you can??

:?

7. The Sims isn't real life.
    LMAOO!

none of those affect my gameplay. so.. i dont really care that none of those exist. and im a smoker. who wants to watch a sim sit at a desk and do paperwork? ditto with school work.
  • Options
    JoshuaLProdsJoshuaLProds Posts: 11
    edited October 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    23. The Freezer Bunny.

God I hate the freezer bunny. :evil:

Now your 'hate' will be on 24th cause I'd updated it. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    22 things I hate about The Sims:
    2. Less musical instruments to play, like instruments of chinese orchestra and western orchestra.
    4. Sims can't kill those animals that can be eaten.
    5. Sims can't eat ice cream and do another thing at once in The Sims 3 Pets.
    6. Sims can't smoke cigarette to be more ******.
    7. Sims can't get short-sighted or long-sighted naturally during their life from when they are born as a baby.
    8. Sims can't fall in love with someone while at school or work.
    9. Unable to watch how those Sims study at their school which is their school life.
    10. Unable to watch how those Sims work at their companies which is their working life; less careers like the daycare career in The Sims 3 Generations.
    11. Sims can't live on the bottom of the apartment in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    12. No neighbours in your Sims' apartment in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    13. Sims can't do anything while driving in a car like listening to a radio.
    14. No extractor or electric fan to decorate the house.
    15. No auto racing.
    16. No cycling skill.
    17. No cycling activities.
    18. No actual disease or illness that can be spread.
    19. No singing skill.
    20. No dancing skill.
    21. Bands can't go on tour in The Sims 3 Late Night.
    22. Less music of pop, dubstep, jazz, rock, country and different kinds of music that we, Simmers, like.

Bare in mind, above all these are just my opinions. Will The Sims 4 ****** me off again? I don't know... Tell me more about your own opinions below. Or what about to do me a favour, create a game like this if you can??

:?

7. The Sims isn't real life.
    LMAOO!

none of those affect my gameplay. so.. i dont really care that none of those exist. and im a smoker. who wants to watch a sim sit at a desk and do paperwork? ditto with school work.
    It's not about doing the paperworks... My meaning is about watching how the Sims communicate.
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited October 2013
    Not quite 24 Things I Hate About The Sims community - Will The Sims 4 complaints drive me to the brink of madness again?

1. Over-expectancy i.e. Short-sightedness?! I believe I've heard it all now.
    2. Judging way, way before we've even had a decent look inside of the game with walk-throughs and producer sneak-peaks. I mean come on.
    3. Ahem. "Will the Sims 4 disappoint me again?" How is that possible. HOW.
    4. Sudden case of psychosis because of the lack of car interactions - and now animal rearing and killing.
    5. Really? a fan? A missing fan decoration has wormed its way onto your list of things you really can't do without. I'm sure there's an adaquate CC fan somewhere that'll remedy that.
    6. Burrito baby hate.
    7. High expectations for something that's going to be more hardware friendly. You can't have a game that's practically better and more realistic than life itself and expect it to run on a computer that has the capacity of a microwave (in some peoples cases). EA would be burnt at the stake for witchcraft.
    8. I'm a smoker and why on earth would I want to subject my sim to smoking, not to mention it would absolutely be promoting it.
    9. All this sudden M rated hoo-har that our younger players can really do without hearing. (Not aimed at OP, this one is just in general.)
    10. Vector (disease) mod is available at NRAAS by our Lord and saviour Twallan.
    11. What is wrong with cartoon graphics? Can someone just explain. Because I, along side the majourity, find them to be quirky and much more friendly to younger and older players.

Edit: 12. Freezer Bunny hate. Shame on you.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2013

Requires too much coding. Many people would prefer that coding for additional gameplay or new features. Maybe one, though.

There are plenty of musical instruments around- store and eps. You can make a band with nothing but cellos and violins, is that close enough to an orchestra? :lol:

Agree. Maybe one day we can expect a farming ep since it was in demand near the end of last year, and still is, kinda.
    4. Less sports like boxing and arm wrestling.

Sims 4 obviously won't disappoint you- it's been confirmed for boxing/punching bag. (That would be a good store set right now, actually!)
    5. Sims can't kill those animals that can be eaten.

Um, well. No comment...
    6. Sims can't eat ice cream and do another thing at once in The Sims 3 Pets.

Again, Sim 4 won't disappoint you. Multi-tasking has been confirmed.
    7. Sims can't smoke cigarette to be more evil and bad.

As much as we hate it, we must recognize our younger teen players. I say no to bad habits.

I'm just going to leave it as is. I've read through the rest and some are good, in my opinion.

Edit: Welcome to the forums! (I saw your post count.) I have a question- why start off in these forums. It's a bit of a fire pit right now... :lol:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited October 2013
    to explain why fish is its only werid food group. Its has to do with religion. Once a long time ago, Catholics couldn't eat meat on Fridays but fish was acceptable. Now adays its only during Lent are Catholics encouraged not to eat meat.

About cows being um killed, what about Hindus who play Sims? Cows are scared creatures to them. So much that at McDonald's in India, the "Big Mac" is a Chicken Majhal mac. If pigs were to come from the Sims 3 store there would be problems from Muslims in North American and other non-Mulsim Law countries, because pigs, like Hinduism's cows, are scared creatures for Islam community
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    to explain why fish is its only werid food group. Its has to do with religion. Once a long time ago, Catholics couldn't eat meat on Fridays but fish was acceptable. Now adays its only during Lent are Catholics encouraged not to eat meat.

About cows being um killed, what about Hindus who play Sims? Cows are scared creatures to them. So much that at McDonald's in India, the "Big Mac" is a Chicken Majhal mac. If pigs were to come from the Sims 3 store there would be problems from Muslims in North American and other non-Mulsim Law countries, because pigs, like Hinduism's cows, are scared creatures for Islam community

People who do not wish to kill pig and cow can, you know, not raise pork and cow in game. The same way the game has bacon and meat, but the player can be vegetarian.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    OP

Sims can fall at love at work. I sent a sim to a school to get a job and his future boss was there and said they had so much in common they should get to know each other and I heard the flute.

They can fall in love at work now with the attraction feature.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2013
    OP

Sims can fall at love at work. I sent a sim to a school to get a job and his future boss was there and said they had so much in common they should get to know each other and I heard the flute.

They can fall in love at work now with the attraction feature.

Being attracted is not the same as actually falling in love.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2013
    I read the original post and honestly couldn't tell if it was a joke or not. LOL. :lol:

I don't really want slaughtering animals in the game, BUT ... it would be realistic, though. Here's how EA could do it: They wouldn't actually show a chicken getting its head chopped off or anything. However, it would be interesting if the game had chickens, and there was an option to send them away to a butcher. Your Sim would get back a nicely-packaged piece of chicken to put in the fridge, that he could use to make dinner later. No blood. No traumatized players. Or he could just sell the chickens to a butcher for simoleans.

:wink:

I'm NOT saying I want this in the game, but it could be done this way with a minimum of fuss. However, PETA and a few overly-sensitive housewives would scream about it, I'm sure.

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is a game series where you can have an alien, a fairy, and a simbot ride unicorns to go unleash havoc at the house of a couple consisting of a mummy and a witch just because you're bored before (once ITF is out) having them travel to the future to vacation.

I don't think something being realistic is even remotely a legitimate reason for adding it :P
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    My main wish in sims is to be able to raise turkeys while listening to dubstep.

Wait... What?!.. :lol::lol::lol:

Hahahaha. Exactly! What?! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    I read the original post and honestly couldn't tell if it was a joke or not. LOL. :lol:

I don't really want slaughtering animals in the game, BUT ... it would be realistic, though. Here's how EA could do it: They wouldn't actually show a chicken getting its head chopped off or anything. However, it would be interesting if the game had chickens, and there was an option to send them away to a butcher. Your Sim would get back a nicely-packaged piece of chicken to put in the fridge, that he could use to make dinner later. No blood. No traumatized players. Or he could just sell the chickens to a butcher for simoleans.

:wink:

I'm NOT saying I want this in the game, but it could be done this way with a minimum of fuss. However, PETA and a few overly-sensitive housewives would scream about it, I'm sure.

Your idea is absolutely great! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    TRachet wrote:

Requires too much coding. Many people would prefer that coding for additional gameplay or new features. Maybe one, though.

There are plenty of musical instruments around- store and eps. You can make a band with nothing but cellos and violins, is that close enough to an orchestra? :lol:

Agree. Maybe one day we can expect a farming ep since it was in demand near the end of last year, and still is, kinda.
    4. Less sports like boxing and arm wrestling.

Sims 4 obviously won't disappoint you- it's been confirmed for boxing/punching bag. (That would be a good store set right now, actually!)
    5. Sims can't kill those animals that can be eaten.

Um, well. No comment...
    6. Sims can't eat ice cream and do another thing at once in The Sims 3 Pets.

Again, Sim 4 won't disappoint you. Multi-tasking has been confirmed.
    7. Sims can't smoke cigarette to be more evil and bad.

As much as we hate it, we must recognize our younger teen players. I say no to bad habits.

I'm just going to leave it as is. I've read through the rest and some are good, in my opinion.

Edit: Welcome to the forums! (I saw your post count.) I have a question- why start off in these forums. It's a bit of a fire pit right now... :lol:
    Then maybe The Sims 4 won't really disappoint me that much. I started at this forum because I wanna tell Maxis some parts that I hate about The Sims, and this doesn't mean that I hate it at all! :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on