Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

toy store not with gold edition in town edit mode but....

i have read that you can download if off the exchange. any idea where? i've searched for the obvious (toy store, midnight hollows). does anyone have a thread for finding it on the exchange? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited October 2013
    ...you should find it in your bin and add it to your town...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't know where on the exchange you will find it but you will not get any special content you have not purchased. If I download a lot that has EA Store content I haven't purchased it just replaces the content I don't own with a base game object.

/edit: I think I misunderstood your question. If you purchased the gold edition don't try to download the lot from the exchange. Look for it in your purchase history and download it from there.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    MammaBrickMammaBrick Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I also purchased the gold edition, but no toy store in my bin. It took forever to purchase my simpoints, and then to get the town to download after I finally got the points, and then, no store, which is the whole reason I bought the gold in the first place... gggrrrr... will think twice before purchasing another gold edition. So upset!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited October 2013
    MammaBrick wrote:
    I also purchased the gold edition, but no toy store in my bin. It took forever to purchase my simpoints, and then to get the town to download after I finally got the points, and then, no store, which is the whole reason I bought the gold in the first place... gggrrrr... will think twice before purchasing another gold edition. So upset!

I did not know this was an issue. I had it without any problems, but I guess there are a few others that had the same problem.

1st - double check in your commercial lots to make sure it isn't there

If it still isn't there, there are a couple of things you can try:

1 - you can just download this toy shop (same one but probably not exact to what EA gave us): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7694103

2 - follow the instructions below - from amjoie from another thread (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/716598.page)
    From another thread -- there are too many of these floating around:

Try regenerating a whole new The Sims 3 folder in Documents. To do that, slide your real game to the desktop. Then open the launcher and it will make a brand new The Sims 3 folder.

Now install the gold world into that new game. Open the library, and you should see a h a s h number -- that strings of numbers/letters is your toy store. If it is there, you will see it in the community lot bin in edit mode.

Now open up the game, and place the lot. Then save the lot to your export folder. That will give you the toy store lot to install separately, should this ever happen again. You can also now install it to your real game, separately.

If that doesn't work, in another thread someone put the toy store on the exchange, so you could download it from there, as well.

Do check to make sure you have the PC toy maker in your game, though. And check to see if you have both a sim and object package for MH in your World Cache folder. If you don't have those, you will need to redownload the gold world from your purchase page or try downloading the standard world separately and then the toy store separately, and installing them that way.

Hope this helps!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2013
    OK. Let's try to clear this up. Those who bought the Gold Edition may have the toy store and not know it. It is a separate download from the world. Got to the EA Store. Make sure you log in to your account. Then go to venues. Then click on the Golden Ticket Toy Shop. If you are logged into your EA account and you have purchased the Gold version of MH when you go to the page for the toy store you should see a bright blue DOWNLOAD button. Download the venue from there.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited October 2013
    You can download recolours from the exchange... But not the actual thing! You must already own it, it it exclusive to the world. You can get recolours but nothing more
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have no interest in the toy shop itself but I really love the building it's in! If some kind soul who got the toy shop would take the time to strip out all the toy store content and just upload the shell of the building to the exchange I would be incredibly pleased!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I own the gold edition, and no toy store was found in my community lot bin. I then went to the store link and downloaded it individually, and got the message that it was already installed. Upon entering my game again, it still isn't in there, so I'm trying the link to the one on the exchange. Thanks for posting that!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    I own the gold edition, and no toy store was found in my community lot bin. I then went to the store link and downloaded it individually, and got the message that it was already installed. Upon entering my game again, it still isn't in there, so I'm trying the link to the one on the exchange. Thanks for posting that!

Start up a new game folder, as outlined above in my other post copied to this thread, and install just the separately downloaded toy store. Open that game, add one small item to the toy store, and save the toy store to Exports. Then copy the h a s h numbers out of the library and put them in the library of your real game. One of them will show up in your edit mode bin. Place it in your world. Replace the SS cash registers and SS door with new ones, so that you will get customers. Delete the older versions in edit mode, so you only have the corrected version in your game. Now save the toy store to Exports.

Make sure you save that h a s h number in the library of your real game, so you will always have a toy store for a newly installed game.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited October 2013
    There is a fix posted on this forum. There's a file in your DCBackup folder that you need to copy into your library folder and it will show up in your bin.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited October 2013
    nkthgrt wrote:
    i have read that you can download if off the exchange. any idea where? i've searched for the obvious (toy store, midnight hollows). does anyone have a thread for finding it on the exchange? thanks.

I had uploaded it to my studio for someone who couldn't find it in game after they installed it, but I didn't get any feedback as to whether or not it worked so I took it down from my studio after about a week.

Did you ever get it into your game?