Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing for the future?

I always love how people get ready for a new expansion and since this will be the last for our series ( i think) I'm trying to make this one special.

Currently I started a new family with two sisters...I hope for them both to marry aliens and continue a line of alien/human hybrids till the Expansion comes out...When they have the chance to time travel they can hopefully move to the new town and who knows...become alien royalty?

Till then I have them meeting their spouses, raising children and breeding a special breed of alien dogs, cats, and horses :3

Any plans or families you can't wait to bring to the future?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes Jeff,Hannah and their daughter Maxine will visit the future and possibly move there for good.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited September 2013
    I know that I want either my main male sim Jack or one of his children to explore the future (especially the wastelands). By the time ITF comes out Jack will probably be dead and either his children or grandchildren will end up exploring the future.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2013
      I don't prepare anything as I can't see how but as soon as I have ITF installed I will first visit Oasis Landing with a single Sim and get to know all of those new objects and features.
      Then I will go to the wasteland to that wreck with the door to find out it's secret. Hopefully the ocean will come back to Utopia.
      After that I will exchange all of the Simbots with Plumbots.
      Oh and I will create a Sim who builds Plumbots and sells them with the OFB stuff we get with Midnight Hollow. I plan to place a copy of that household in each of my neighborhoods so my other Sims have a convenient Plumbot resource.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited September 2013
    Gosh, I am always late when it comes to "planning" for EPs...

Right now, I am so busy with updating Riverview, since we got cows in the Store.

Then, yesterday, I created a sim to explore the new world, Midnight Hollow, that will be coming out in the Store.

I fear the Future will be here soon and I won't have anything planned for it! :lol: But, reading what others are doing will give me inspiration... I like the idea of a plumbot store!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes Jeff,Hannah and their daughter Maxine will visit the future and possibly move there for good.

oooo they finally had a baby...post a pic :D
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Currently planning several other alien and plant sim families to move to the new town, kinda want to turn it into Defiance with different races living together.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't have huge plans because I plan to reboot my Sims 3 folder after I've had my first play through with a family in ITF.

After that I will be starting over with a clean folder and I even plan to redownload my store content to update everything and fix the missing items I really like.

I will be editing all my favorite neighborhoods all over again because I plan to be playing TS3 for a while. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I don't have huge plans because I plan to reboot my Sims 3 folder after I've had my first play through with a family in ITF.

After that I will be starting over with a clean folder and I even plan to redownload my store content to update everything and fix the missing items I really like.

I will be editing all my favorite neighborhoods all over again because I plan to be playing TS3 for a while. :D

It will be quite the relief just being able to edit and play and not worry about any more patches/EPs to come along and bork everything all over again. xD

I need to do a clean folder and massive store stuff re-download as well. My game feels like a mess right now because everything's so disorganized, I have missing content, and too many mods that I really need to sort out.

I think I had the best time I ever had with Sims 2 when the series was complete and I didn't have to think about any more EPs. I suspect it will be the same with Sims 3. I'll be able to just relax and ENJOY the game.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Once I get this ep installed the first thing I'm going to do once my sims get to Oasis Landing is pick a home. I'm at a cross between the homebase home or one of the others. Afterwards they will both get on thier quantim suits and teleport to the mall so they can buy them some new clothes,2 cars,jetpacks and hoverboards.

Then it's off to the bot resturent for lunch and then to the bot emporium. I want my sims to make them a plumbot so that it can clean,cook thier meals,garden etc. They'll probebly wind up buying them sprite pets but I hope eventually they can have a dog. I know you can't bring pets with you but I believe if our sims live there then I can drop a dog onto their lot from cas.

Later my sims will go to the wastelands and go thru the spaceship to try to find the chips they need for the sims 4 wall art.

By the way I will be putting up 3 picture threads instead of 1.
    1)The first will be of the Normal Oasis Landing.
    2)Utopia Oasis Landing
    3)Dystonia Oasis Landing
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:

It will be quite the relief just being able to edit and play and not worry about any more patches/EPs to come along and bork everything all over again. xD

I need to do a clean folder and massive store stuff re-download as well. My game feels like a mess right now because everything's so disorganized, I have missing content, and too many mods that I really need to sort out.

I think I had the best time I ever had with Sims 2 when the series was complete and I didn't have to think about any more EPs. I suspect it will be the same with Sims 3. I'll be able to just relax and ENJOY the game.

I'm sure there will be one last patch after ITF to fix the ITF Bugs.
  • Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2013

I want to build a futuristic house..lol..and go squeel in a corner for excitement...can't wait for ITF...Plumbots here I come! :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ugh, starting over completely, CK? Not sure if I could do that again. I may just wait until I get back to Australia before I do that. Im not preparing for it all, at the moment, but if PEPs takes over, itll be a different story. Lol. Its going to be an awesome EP though, and Im also kinda looking forward to it being the last one, becaus that means no more game breaking patches. But, at the same time, Im kinda hoping theyll patch broken stuff before Sims 4 comes out. Probably wont happen though :/
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am currently playing my legacy family from the sim camp sim Sara avatar. I have her 2 great grandchildren ready now with 2 degrees each, technology and science. Hopefully that will give them a boost towards the new careers available. I have them in Isa paradiso until Mh comes out later this week, then I will move them to that neighbourhood and one will marry from MH and the other will marry in the future.
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just got a new Computer and i had just put my sims into the computer but now i'm thinking on what town to start in. i know some of what i want to do but not what town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just got a new Computer and i'm had to put all my sims into the new computer and i haven't done anything at this minute. i'm still thinking on what i want to do and what town do i want him sim to live in...maybe the new one that is coming out? well' anyways i'm still thinking on it.

Seeing that you have a new install from new PC, why not pick a sim from the new neighbourhood?
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll likely be sending my half-alien Sim Alton Wilbur to the future from Midnight Hollow. Hopefully I'll have him married by then (with the Socially Awkward trait it might be hard so I'll probably stick the Wishing Well somewhere in MH).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    chiefmini1989chiefmini1989 Posts: 225 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, I can't really prepare because my computer is getting fixed. :( Hopefully I'll have it before the game pops out.

Further more, school will be taking up most of my time. So when I do get it, I probably won't be able to play for awhile.

BUT! When I do get a chance to play for hours at hand. lol

I think I'm just gonna use my favorite Sim (Who is also my avatar at the moment.) to explore the future.

I'm probably gonna send her to college first and let her get a degree in Science and Technology (I think that's what it is.) Then I will let Maytayus (That's her name) get a career that comes with ITF, then off she goes to explore the future.

I can't wait for Maytayus to meet her future descendants and see how they change once she gets back to the present time and I have her to marry and haave children. I also might have them live in the future. (That's possible right?) :shock:

Either way I'm excited!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MattAttack01MattAttack01 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I already know the two sims I will create to visit the future. Brother and sister. Younge adults. Their last names will be Blight. Their entire wardrobe, makeup, and hair will be based on the colors blue and white. Get it? Blue, white... Blight. Anyways, the man will be my bot dealer, and I thought it might be interesting to put the sister in the political career. I wonder if she will get a future statue for being "leader of the free world" I think that would make sense. I might make them early so I can send her to college so she could get a head start. Still debating. I would want them to have the new traits and lifetime wishes that come with the ep, thats why i might just wait for its release. Really looking forward to this ep. Counting down the days...
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited September 2013
    What I've done so far is get some sims to max their skills in logic, science, handy, and inventing. Anything that seems related to ITF and bots. Some of you are also sending their sims to get degrees. I'm waffling on that, I guess it would be helpful. Do you think it is needed though?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've been immersing myself in Star Wars & Star Trek fandoms for months on end, so I know the first thing I'm going to do (other than cry :lol: ) is have all my Lucassian and Trekkian families I've made already settle up in OL.

The homes look really cool from what I've seen in the videos, so I'll quickly find a few that I really like. I don't often touch EA premade lots, not even with a long-handled spoon, but I was really impressed seeing the homes in the chats and pictures. I'll also build a few starter homes of my own--I want to play around with the new build/buy objects SO BADLY. :mrgreen:

Then I'll check out the Plumbbots and see about crossbreeding them with my simbots and aliens--I WILL FIND A WAY, DARNIT!!! :XD:

Then I'll check out the Wasteland and have my sims start exploring, Away Team style.

Then I'll initiate Dystopia!!! :twisted: MuwahahahahaHAAAAA! ^0^
  • Options
    alanna_zelenalanna_zelen Posts: 99 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I must be weird... my planning consists of going over screenshots to figure out what clothing styles/hair styles I have to work with, as well as any new traits I may wish to put into my sims. Usually a family of 3 when I start with a new EP.

Styles are how I create my sims... eg: at this point I know there will be a sim called Piper (yes, for the rare few that caught on, that's as in Storm Hawks). The overly 'puff' hairdoo gave me that idea. She'll be a witch most likely, and will be my gardener/plumbot lass. Then the hairdoo that makes me think of Quora will be used to make another fem sim, this time she'll be my musical lass with the social skills. Prehaps a fae? Not sure yet. As for my male sim, that's yet to be seen. Looking at the dynamic he'd probably fit as my logic guy, but what to base him from? Time will tell.

The moment that time portal appears, I'll get it to a more suitable spot on the lot. It'd make a nice centerpiece in a courtyard covered by the new glass flooring... I do hope it comes in roofing too. Found out the hard way weather manages to still get under flooring last I checked.

The fun part is picking a neighborhood to base my sims in, as I don't have Lunar Lakes (never appealed to me). Honestly I am thinking about having fun by having the sims in Dragon Valley; to them the change to the future will be FAR more dramatic. Plus there is some convenient lots right near the center of town...

Hah, I get the feeling I won't be the only one taking my time in CAS fooling around with the new stuff and trying to find good matches to what we have; making a 'present' and 'future' day clothing choice for each category.

Honestly, you guys who play your chars while waiting for this expansion... I am still yet to understand how one can resist the urge to customise a sim for particular EP parts. (eg; tailoring a witch-sim with green thumb, angler and loves the outdoors so she does better with potions and the related stuff. Or at least giving household members skills that work together). Well, kudos for you guys to take what the simworld throws to you.
  • Options
    kaleidoscopeskaleidoscopes Posts: 61 New Member
    edited October 2013
    October came and I can feel the PEPS start to slowly build, so I'm digging into my sims folder again to try to clean things up. My game has been varying levels of messed up since IP and its patch, I've hardly played since then.

But I'm going to try to clean out my downloads and mods, and organize them better, save a backup (or two or three) of my folders, then probably uninstall and reinstall, and see which expansions I'm willing to part with so my computer doesn't hate me so much.

Then I want to find a good save of my simself, probably from either right before or right after college (depending on how much time I have before the release.) I think I want to have her living in the future most of the time, and I'm definitely going to try out the bot building. I want her to be a little Tony Stark building robots in the basement. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sim Me,his wife Hannah and thier daughter Maxine can hardly wait for Mr Emmit to show up at their house so they can go. Hannah loves futuristic stuff and so does Jeff. Maxine can't wait to go either. :D

Seriously these 3 will spend a lot of money when they get to Arcadia Landing. The first place I'm sending them to is the mall. Jeff will buy him a car and Hannah will get her one. All 3 will buy them some futuristic clothing and Hannah and Jeff will buy them some jetpacks,hoverboards and things for the house.

I'm also going to send them to the Nuts and Bolts Emporium to build them a plumbot to cook,clean,babysit and garden. I want them to have an indoor garden and pond. I"m hoping some of the premade houses already have some. I'm going to pick them out a nice home.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    I plan to update one of my super large modern houses with a lot of futuristic furniture when ItF comes out. I have yet to prepare my Sim families for time travel, but it's not a bad idea. I want to play through the expansion and see what it has to offer before I decide on any stories to play out, though.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited October 2013
    JBAG521 wrote:
    Ugh, starting over completely, CK? Not sure if I could do that again. I may just wait until I get back to Australia before I do that. Im not preparing for it all, at the moment, but if PEPs takes over, itll be a different story. Lol. Its going to be an awesome EP though, and Im also kinda looking forward to it being the last one, becaus that means no more game breaking patches. But, at the same time, Im kinda hoping theyll patch broken stuff before Sims 4 comes out. Probably wont happen though :/

I don't believe I will be buying TS4 right away. I might even wait until it's near the end if I don't skip it altogether. Starting fresh will give me something to do in TS3 and will probably give me some new experiences. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds