Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best sites to download free CC clothes?

It's been months I have downloaded any custom content and I can only remember TSR.. and there was another site but I cannot remember what it was!
tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

Comments

• Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited May 2011
    This is one of my favorites:

http://www.all-about-style.com/

But, honestly, these days, I let mysims3blog be my guide:

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks both for all the links :-)
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    gailsimsgailsims Posts: 223 New Member
    edited May 2011
    iv always been tooafraid of tsr. i heard theres lots of bad cc
  • Options
    celticmagikscelticmagiks Posts: 11
    edited October 2012
    one you downloaded the clothes form the site Lorandia sims 3 how do you put it in you sims game launcher to install to your game can anyone help me ?
  • Options
    EvanescentEvanescent Posts: 98 New Member
    edited October 2012
    one you downloaded the clothes form the site Lorandia sims 3 how do you put it in you sims game launcher to install to your game can anyone help me ?

If it's a sims3pack file (green plumbob icon) you just double-click the file and it will automatically start installing itself OR copy and paste the file into Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Downloads (make sure your launcher is open first) and it will pop up at the top of your launcher and you can install it from there as usual.

But if you've downloaded a .package file read this and follow the directions.
  • Options
    celticmagikscelticmagiks Posts: 11
    edited October 2012
    what if it hasn't got the plumbo sign do i just copy and paste the file in to my download file i have never done this before
  • Options
    McSunshine2UMcSunshine2U Posts: 15
    edited October 2012
    what if it hasn't got the plumbo sign do i just copy and paste the file in to my download file i have never done this before

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_CC_Basics
    You can probably skip right down to the bottom where it says 'Types of Sims 3 Files'.
  • Options
    CaptainNickSheepCaptainNickSheep Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    underneathsims.blogspot.com/search/label/skysims

Is probably the best place to get free hairs that you have to usually subscribe to get.
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget Anubis. Lots of awesome clothes and hair.

Ace Creators is an awesome place too. :wink:

Edit: Oops, I just noticed that this is an old thread brought back to life. :XD: Oh well! :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013
    gailsims wrote:

Is this true? Have any of you had bad experiences DLing from TSR? I haven't though one nightgown stayed fleshtone. I had heard they are "good" to download from. Please give feedback of your TSR experience? RE: clothing
  • Options
    RoseMoly99RoseMoly99 Posts: 9
    edited November 2013
    gailsims wrote:
    there's more bad cc on here than tsr.
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited November 2013
    modthesims

thesimsresource

peggyzone

:thumbup:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited November 2013
    SloanyBear wrote:
    gailsims wrote:

Is this true? Have any of you had bad experiences DLing from TSR? I haven't though one nightgown stayed fleshtone. I had heard they are "good" to download from. Please give feedback of your TSR experience? RE: clothing

I've used TSR for a long time and never had a problem. The only game breaking CC I've had in my game came from the exchange here.

I know people will say they've had problems with the site or content but I never have.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I love Anubis360 I've never had a problem with it :)
    It's high quality, safe and has some really nice stuff
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited November 2013
    Favorite clothing sites:

Anubis

NyGirl

Ace Creators

Juliana

Jocker

Simlicious There's not much clothing, but it does have some nice knitted fabric patterns for sweaters, sweater dresses, and other winter wear.

Elexis

The Sims Resource (I would definitely advise checking everything with Custard before installing. I found a few bad pieces from there that I had to fix with that little program.)

Those are the sites I frequent. You can also try My Sims 3 Blog It's basically a search engine for different CC everywhere, but as always, scan your downloads with Delphy (for packages) and Custard (for packs) before putting anything in your game.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2013
    I always click on these threads looking for new creators/ones I have missed- but looks like all basics are covered here.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    If you want toddler clothes, lillka at TSR is the greatest. I have all her toddler stuff, it's awesome. Never had a problem with any of it. The Exchange here is much more likely to contain bad stuff.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited November 2013
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Favorite clothing sites:

Anubis

NyGirl

Ace Creators

Juliana

Jocker

Simlicious There's not much clothing, but it does have some nice knitted fabric patterns for sweaters, sweater dresses, and other winter wear.

Elexis

The Sims Resource (I would definitely advise checking everything with Custard before installing. I found a few bad pieces from there that I had to fix with that little program.)

Those are the sites I frequent. You can also try My Sims 3 Blog It's basically a search engine for different CC everywhere, but as always, scan your downloads with Delphy (for packages) and Custard (for packs) before putting anything in your game.

These are all great sites and I also like Lorendia.com and AllAboutStyle.com. I go to these sites regularly to see what they have new. Another site, liana.com has toddler, kids and teen clothes.

http://www.lorandiasims3.com/

http://lianasims3.net/index.php

http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    kesha979kesha979 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    TheSimsFreak9912TheSimsFreak9912 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    gailsims wrote:
    There is, but the hair is pretty ok
  • Options
    Sims4Ever1010Sims4Ever1010 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014