Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is This A Joke Ea Or Misake

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited September 2013
    Don't know if RHPS is still showing in theatres, but the real fun is going to see the audience participation. I remember standing in line and watching the guy that was selling bags of rice and other "supplies" to unprepared movie-goers - hilarious. The only movie I've ever been to that required a checklist prior to leaving the house. Let's see... got rice, toast, newspaper, squirt gun, lighter, toilet paper... check. I know I'm forgetting something.... oh well - we'll buy it from the guy in line. Checking out all the costumes and voting on whose was best. Doing the Time Warp. Remembering all the lines you had to shout back at the screen - Always reach for a Hamilton Beach!! Fun times.

For those that won't get to see that - the music is pretty good. All of it was written by Richard O'Brien who plays Riff Raff, the... butler. Tim Curry was Amazing. Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick were pretty good too. The very best horror movie spoof EVAH. Forget that it's a guy in a corset and stockings and just roll with it - you'll like it. ;) Or not.
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Don't know if RHPS is still showing in theatres, but the real fun is going to see the audience participation. I remember standing in line and watching the guy that was selling bags of rice and other "supplies" to unprepared movie-goers - hilarious. The only movie I've ever been to that required a checklist prior to leaving the house. Let's see... got rice, toast, newspaper, squirt gun, lighter, toilet paper... check. I know I'm forgetting something.... oh well - we'll buy it from the guy in line. Checking out all the costumes and voting on whose was best. Doing the Time Warp. Remembering all the lines you had to shout back at the screen - Always reach for a Hamilton Beach!! Fun times.

For those that won't get to see that - the music is pretty good. All of it was written by Richard O'Brien who plays Riff Raff, the... butler. Tim Curry was Amazing. Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick were pretty good too. The very best horror movie spoof EVAH. Forget that it's a guy in a corset and stockings and just roll with it - you'll like it. ;) Or not.

There is actually a theater here in Columbus, Ohio that still shows it. They've got a midnight showing the first Saturday of every month. It's The Studio 35 Cinema & Drafthouse.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's odd they didn't include high heels for the male sims? There are some on MTS's site but surely if 3rd party developers can do it so could EA's professionals.
  • Options
    Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2013
    I was almost giddy when I saw that outfit in CAS. I hadn't seen a whole lot of screen shots or read much about the stuff pack prior to its release so I got a nice surprise.

The local drive-in theater here has done two showings of RHPS this year so far with shadow dancers acting it out under the screen. So much fun!
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited September 2013
    I LOOOVE Rocky Horror! I've never watched it in the theatres, but I love watching when it's on TV.

Great soundtrack :D and Tim Curry can work those heels better than I ever could!
    I have yet to put any of my Sims in that inspired outfit!

Aaaah!
    @ GabbyGirlJ those lips used to (and still kind of does) scare me! But, of course, you can't have RHPS without Magenta's lips!
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    I laughed so much when I saw this outfit I thought it was pretty hilarious. :lol::lol: I've never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show before, I feel like trying to watch it now though lol. I can see the sims team has a great sense of humour adding this in, I'll have to give this outfit to 1 or 2 of my sims hehe :)

• Options
    nightelfsimnightelfsim Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Where oh Where do you think Tim Burton got his craziness from??? This is the ultimate cult horror movie, to this year there will be a showing of RHPS at the theater in my city, where normal everyday people WILL dress in drag, motorcycle gear, or other characters from the movie, there will food thrown across isles and songs chanted for hours even days afterwards. Tim Burton fans know that his gifts were influenced by this movie, keep an open mind.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Never heard of RHPS but I looked it up to read about the storyline and it doesn't interest me at all. If I'm going to watch odd plots/characters then I prefer Tim Burton. But that's just me.

That makes sense. If someone recommended a movie that I didn't know I might do that. Oh. It's a WW II movie? I am not usually interested in those. I think I will pass. Makes perfect sense.....Except.....

There is no way any synopsis on the Internet can convey the Rocky Horror Picture Show to someone who hasn't seen it. Some things have to be seen. If only once. This is one of those films you either love or hate. There is a reason that it has been a cult classic for over 30 years. It was playing when I was in college in the 70's....and it still is.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2013
    It shows at a local theater here on Haloween. My daughters and look forward to it every year :-) I'm sure glad I am not the person who has to clean the theater up after the show :shock:

I'm not a SP person.....but that outfit is the absolute best!!!! Kudos to the devs for the laugh :D
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited September 2013
    This outfit was from that awful Rocky Horror Show Movie done in the late 70's I think. People would go to the theatre and watch this movie dressed as the characters and do the dance moves from the movies from what I heard, it was very popular at the time. According to the live broadcast people have been asking for stuff from this movie, so they thought that they would give people what they wanted. They reshowed this movie again in the 80's and it was a hit again, I thought that it was this weird horror movie, was I surprised. Some people hated it and people like my oldest sister loved it, so I guess everybody likes different things and will leave it at that.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I had to laugh when I saw that outfit on a sim. Wonder what it looks like on a buff, male sim?

Rocky Horror Movie was all the rage when I was in high school. People use to go to it every Friday night.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I had to laugh when I saw that outfit on a sim. Wonder what it looks like on a buff, male sim?

Rocky Horror Movie was all the rage when I was in high school. People use to go to it every Friday night.

Like this ;D

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hahaha omg. Hollowness, I love that Sim. xD
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hahaha omg. Hollowness, I love that Sim. xD

:lol: thanks :P