Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite life-state?

Since the base game we've had Ghosts, Mummies, SimBots, Vampires, Imaginary Friends, Unicorns, Genies, Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, Zombies, Aliens, PlantSims, Mermaids, and, upcoming, PlumBots.

Of ALL those, which is your favorite? Least favorite?

My top three favorites?

1: I don't think anything could top these. They are my all-time favorites and MAYBE PlumBots could tie with them, but not top them. They are of course...

tumblr_m9qhtgr9cj1qbilvco1_400.jpg

They add so much gameplay, with the summoning meteors, mental powers, and no need to sleep which allows you to play them even longer! I've always loved this life state and even made one of my favorite Sims when I first got the game in October of 2010 a "quasi-Alien", with green skin. You see her in my siggy.

2: Witches. I love the spells, and the fact that until they use magic you don't even know they're different! The amount of spells could be better but I'll take what we got.

3: Fairies. Again, gameplay. Also when styled/colored right their wings are really cool! Also they shrink down and look like Navi from Legend of Zelda so ten points there!

My least favorites?

Mermaids would be better if they had more gameplay. Like, for instance, they could use their singing voices to lure people in romantically. They could also do things like live underwater permanently and maybe even turn into mermaids when using the bathtub. Maybe even sit on rocks near the sea or do cool underwater tricks as well as swim incredibly fast in the ocean (think creating an underwater current they move so fast). They had a lot of things they COULD have done but in the end... no. Evil ones can summon sharks, so that's cool.

Imaginary Friends. Just... imaginary friends.

Comments

• Options
    ShannontheCannonShannontheCannon Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Werewolves are my all time favorite. I love everything about them.

My least favorite are ghosts. They are just boring in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited September 2013
    Vampires are pretty cool, aliens are also great and I like Genies.

Must admit I really don't like the Simbot. I thought I would, loved them in previous games but they are slow clunky and annoying now.

I don't have Supernatural so am not qualified to comment on many of the LS's. What I will say though is that I hope for TS4 we have a LS for each expansion.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    1)Mermaids
    2)Fairies
    3)Aliens

Edit
    Does the Grim Reaper count? He's a lifestate but for the most part unplayable however I downloaded a Grim Reaper from Cluber's on the exchange.
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited September 2013
    Human
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't play with Life States very much. I like Imaginary Friends and Humans. Witches don't seem to be my style...
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013
    My VERY FAVE person in the whole game is the burglar, I remove all alarms from my game doors in hopes he will arrive and scare me every time as if I imagine it's really happening. WHAT? How can I be so silly! But still, I love the burglar and the music that accompanies him.

As far as my fave life-stage in game, it's the toddlers, I hate them to grow up too fast. When they hide in a toybox, I just love it.

Omg, my 2 postings here are so wimpy I know. Prolly tmi, haha.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited September 2013
    1. Witch
    2 Fairy
    :mrgreen:
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2013
    Fairies and Witches. There is just so much to do with witches, and fairies are super cute. After those two, Vampires are probably next on my list. I'm really looking forward to plumbots too, though. They sound like they have a lot of potential.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited September 2013
    My favorites are: Human & Vampire
  • Options
    ParanormalJParanormalJ Posts: 55
    edited September 2013
    I like the aliens because I love how they're technically not an occult but another species of sim with very unique DNA.
  • Options
    iPatrickediPatricked Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2013
    Witches. They're just humans, and as you said OP, you don't know they're witches until they start casting spells. They also have a good range of practical spells, as well as a few fun ones. They blend really nicely into the town.

But I kind of regret buying Supernatural. I prefer a more realistic game, and I've hardly touched the Supernatural life-states since I bought the EP. I always have supernaturals turned off for NPCs, too. Aliens are cool, but feel very out-of-place. I think I'd like them more if there were a handful of aliens scattered around each neighbourhood, rather than having your household being home to the only alien. If there's one thing I hate in the Sims, it's when the player is made to feel special. I like to feel like just another household in the town.

Vampires are pretty neat, but the long lifespan makes them a bit boring for me. I haven't touched mermaids or plantsims yet. PlumBots look pretty interesting, but I don't think I'll be buying Into The Future.
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited September 2013
    GENIES! They make it so easy to clean and provide food, plus I like the way they float when going anywhere. Their ability to banish and ensorcel other Sims is fun, too.

My second favorite are aliens, but I always change their skin to a normal shade and edit their features to look more human. I love pretty aliens. Pretty and evil - lots of meteors happening. :-)

My least favorite are werewolves, mainly because I can never keep up with them when they take off in that wolfy lope. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2013
    Although I did get some sim time with a Fairy, witch, werewolf, and a vampire, I haven't had a lot of supernatural simming overall.

I experimented with a genie, an, alien, and I had some play time with a mermaid. I don't like the mechanical simbots, but I do love my custom human looking one, plus I have a mod to stop that stupid reactions to simbots.

I guess I would vote:

-Aliens (my favorite one)
    Screenshot-355.jpg

-Witches
    -Genie (mainly because a genie can temporarily add a townie sim to your household.)

I do need to spend more time with supernaturals though.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks all for posting! :D It's interesting to see what others think.

k0vx.jpg"width=750"

Here's an Alien I made recently. It's awesome that they are a lot of others' favorites as well! :D
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited September 2013
    iPatricked wrote:
    tes since I bought the EP. I always have supernaturals turned off for NPCs, too. Aliens are cool, but feel very out-of-place. I think I'd like them more if there were a handful of aliens scattered around each neighbourhood, rather than having your household being home to the only alien. If there's one thing I hate in the Sims, it's when the player is made to feel special. I like to feel like just another household in the town.

First week of Seasons' release I made this family for people to use in their towns.

original.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6640707
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've never had aliens, I had an alien toddler once but the save corrupted and I like to get them through normal gameplay. Since we haven't got plumbots yet, which I agree sound awesome, I'll reserve judgement.

My favourites are
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Genie's

Least favourite:
    Fairies
    Vampires.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited September 2013
    its gotta be fairies as you can shrink and fly
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    It is hard, hard, hard to choose, because I love lifestates. They are my favorite thing in the sims.

1. Fairies
    2. Mermaids
    3. Plantsims

But I adore witches, aliens, genies too. :D
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your alien is adorable, adventfear!

Here are two of mine - you almost can't tell they're alien until they summon a meteor, lol.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=480""height=320"
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited September 2013
    Judging on how often I chose to play them:

1-Genies (instant food,'baths', and cleaning, and ensorcel FTW!)
    2-Fairies (I love to garden and I love the wings)
    3-Tie between Aliens and Witches (both have cool and fun abilities)

I love having all the life states in my towns though, it makes them much more interesting and fun! I love diversity.

My least favorite is the Imaginary Friend only because they aren't really much different from regular humans, but I still like to have them in my towns. I did have to download mods though to stop the constant reactions to simbots, ghosts, and werewolves (and Bonehilda) though as it was just driving me nuts.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have never played: Mummy, Werewolf, Zombie, Plant Sim, and Alien.

Favorite: Witch, Fairy, and Genie.

Witch- I love turning sims into toads and upgrading things with spells.
    Fairy- Perfect for gardening.
    Genie- Granting wishes while they are still in the lamp. Cleaning the lot and sims in a blink.

Dislike: Imaginary Friend and Mermaids. Anything I have played but have not mentioned, I didn't dislike but they were boring to me.

Imaginary Friend- Annoying...
    Mermaids- Didn't know if I should list this since currently, I have a mersim. They swim everywhere unless you tell them to boat. (the patch did not fix this for me)

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited September 2013
    I like the ghosts. I don't like to play them, as they are slow, but I love to have them hang around. I love how they will feed babies, and use the bathroom, how they will play chess and tug of war with the dog. I have seen them fight with Charles the Evil Chicken, use the time machine and do laundry. They do all so much autonomously, more than "real live" Sims.

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really, really like the Genie, Witch. It's kind of nice to be able to quickly take care of the hygiene issues and if an NPC ticks you off, you can do things to them without your relationship taking a dive. In the case of the genie, you can encorse them (GREAT fun lol) and in the case of a witch, Toadify. :twisted:

Fairy and IF are okay but somewhat limited. Nice thing about Fairies, is that when toddlers, they can use the fairy house to nap and eat so that you don't need a parent do do this all the time. (great if you have multiples).

I've not really played a lot of the other life states as of yet. (though I have a toddler alien).

Maybe I should try the Vampire or the Were, but those are the two I'm least anxious to try out.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love my witches and vampires. :mrgreen: After looking back in my games I realized I had very few games that didn't have witches in them. Love the potions and the abilities that come with them. Vampires are just plain cool.

On the other hand, I really don't like the faeries, they're cute to look at but a pain in the rump...the only thing the faery I had would do was make plants bloom their lil hearts out and dance. :roll: Simbots and aliens just don't interest me much and werewolves are just plain ugly. :lol:

I'm about to play my first plantsim. *crosses fingers*
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited September 2013
    Vampires & faeries. They're the only ones I'd been able to play.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif