Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Stealing Another EP's Thunder

Comments

• Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was excited for sims 4 until I heard they aren't having CAS, now there's no way I'd ever buy it. I'd rather get ITF even though I'm not that into sci-fi. sticking with sims 3, which I already know and love. at least here we can be creative. who wants to build square boxes?
  • Options
    Zoeanna1Zoeanna1 Posts: 501 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been wanting to but this since they announced the time-traveling expansion pack earlier this year. The sims 4 actually isn't that interesting to me as of now, but they should have held off with announcing it.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2013
    Who wasn't happy about TS2 ending, but loves TS3 it's the same with TS4 and if your have all the EP's and SP's you have dropped a lot of money over time. but come on TS4 is looking awesome I cant wait for emotions for individual sim in a conversations, don't forget TS3 no one is making you get TS4.
    Yep, no one is forcing us to get TS4 but that's not the point of this thread.
    And what about TS4 is looking awesome? I haven't seen anything awesome yet, quite contrary. Anyways I don't want to debate over the looks of TS4 either at this place because that's also not the point of this thread.
    Also the comparison between TS2 and TS3 gives a totally different result. So that doesn't count as an argument. TS3 gave us an open neighborhood which most simmers wished for. So the move to TS3 was only understandable. A comparison between TS3 and TS4 just gives us a downgraded, cartoony graphics. Emotions? Even in TS1 Sims had emotions. So what's the big deal? It sure is not worth to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars into the bin and spend another 80 bucks just for the TS4 base game on top of it.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    The news Sims 4 is coming is thrilling but to be honest I'm really glad we've got yet another S3 EP coming up.
    And I like what I see so far.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    I heard TS4 is to be out in Spring of 2014, which means the actual release won't be till Summer most likely. This is a year away.

I like the trailers for Into The Future, but going back and forth between worlds? It would be awesome IF it works. But I have enough problems going back and forth between Sims University and I hear World Adventures is also hard to go back and forth between.

You know you all want to build Bender and Rosie (The Jetsons) Plumbots...LOL

I won't buy it right away, as I am one to wait. I've never paid more than $10 for an EP but that means I usually have to wait six months to find a sale, which is fine by me.

As for other games, I just bought the Sims original used on Amazon and it's fun. It's different but still fun for a change and it was dirt cheap for all the expansions and the base.

Just because you like one doesn't mean you can't like both or doesn't mean you can't like and hate different parts of the game. For instance, I love Dragon Valley as a world, it's beautiful and fun to play in, but my Sims are so obsessed with the dragons. This is why I bought the world, but every time I wind up having to delete the dragons because my Sims won't stop playing with them. So you can like and hate parts of a world or a franchise or whatever.
  • Options
    SimJim917SimJim917 Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    I am waiting patiently to go Into the Future...
    original.jpg
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yep, The Sims 4 has definitely stolen the spotlight. Why that is exactly I'm not sure...people are acting a bit crazy over on The Sims 4 forums. It's like they don't realize they still have a year before the game comes out. You'd think it was releasing next month with all the psycho excitement and huge arguments.

I'm actually excited about this EP now. Before the producer walkthrough I had no desire to get the game, learn more about the game, really anything to do with this EP bored me. Scifi isn't one of my interests and I was mostly picturing a bunch of hovery objects and a new WA-type destination that you got to visit. We did get all that hovery stuff (which some of it doesn't look completely tacky), but the way they showcased the future blew me away! I can't wait to send my Sims to this new world. It's a unique idea and I'm excited to work it into my legacy.

Speaking of, that's my whole plan for that time between The Sims 3 and The Sims 4, if I even move on. I'm finally going to do a Sims 3 legacy. I had a Sims 2 legacy that was on generation 17 when I finally moved on. I'm really looking forward to playing another one out with this particular chapter in the Sims series. Now that I have all my bugs taken care of (brand new, super-fast computer that I've been waiting for for YEARS) I can really play again. :D
  • Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2013

The Movie Stuff Pack just does not interest me much, but ITF still has me jumping up and Down with excitement.. :mrgreen: Sims4 can stay where it is, because it has no CAStyle.. I don't know if I will buy it - I cancelled my pre-Order when I heard it has no CAStyle... :cry:
  • Options
    HKXRAYHKXRAY Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Since I only got into the Sims series less than a month ago, and I only have the Pets ep, there is no way I'm jumping into TS4 right away. I'm not even that interested in TS4, but when I heard about ITF I was so excited! From what you guys are saying about the TS4 forum, I'm kinda scared to look over there right now.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm actually excited for this EP! I'm not too enthusiastic about the Sims 4 but it looks pretty good too. I know people are ready to dump the Sims 3 and move on (mostly due to the crazy bugs, glitches, etc) but who's to tell that the Sims 4 won't be anymore of a glitchy explosion? I'll probably wait a few months till after the Sims 4 comes out to see what bugs I'll have to deal with *rollseyes*. I'm glad that it looks like it won't be too graphically intense for my laptop though so that's a plus right there.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    bigguy28bigguy28 Posts: 157 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm super excited for this expansion. I have zero interest in Sims 4 unless it is going to start with everything in Pets, Seasons and Supernatural. If so I may check it out, otherwise there is no reason for me to get it.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2013
    bigguy28 wrote:
    I'm super excited for this expansion. I have zero interest in Sims 4 unless it is going to start with everything in Pets, Seasons and Supernatural. If so I may check it out, otherwise there is no reason for me to get it.
    Yep, I see no reason why so many simmers are so hyped about TS4. The only thing that outruns TS3 currently is the "NEW!" tag. You know some ads have it also and that word alone is reason enough for some people to get all freaked out over a product. :roll:
    englishsheepz5uu8.jpg
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm so excited for this EP I can't wait for it. :D
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't say I'm "super" excited about this EP, but I will be buying it for Lunar Lake. Like Catloverplayer mentioned it will "flesh out" that world. I played LL once, but never went back because it didn't work with all the other EP's and SP's I have. ITF will fit neatly. :)

Sims 3 was announced prior to Apartment Life in Sims 2, so the timing here isn't a surprise. I "think" it's partly for marketing and partly to feel out the simmers to see if there are items/changes that can be made while it's early enough to do it.
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll be getting ITF when I can. The Sims 4 doesn't interest me at all. I see no reason to jump ship when I've got all that I have with The Sims 3. I don't want some lame base game Sims when I can play with all these cool features in The Sims 3 expansions. I think they should have waited to release generation 4 for another year and stop releasing new content for gen 3 now (except for store content/worlds) and start fixing bugs with gen 3.
  • Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, I for one am one of the people who are looking forward to ITF!!!!! I've loved scifi all my life and the chance to PLAY with scifi sims is a dream come true! Finally a place for my Star Trek sims to live and fit in without having to pretend they've went back in time! :D I have the perfect Spock sim but am still looking for a decent Kirk and McCoy to accompany him. The search goes on......
    Sims 4 intrigues me but I'm still on the fence about it. A big turnoff for me is going over to the forum and seeing all the trolling going on over there. Gah!! Why is everyone jumping ship and waiting until 4 comes out? Don't they realize it's going to be almost a year until they can play and then it'll just be a bare bones starter pack? I remember what it was like when the Sims 3 came out and I don't know if I can stand another 3 years of waiting for them to flesh out 4......especially when I have a wonderful fully fleshed out game sitting here right on my computer (glitches aside) to play? Were the forums that bad when they announced the Sims 3? Did everyone jump ship and do nothing but fight on 3's forum like they are doing on 4's? I'm used to the random troll here and there but going over to 4 is just plain scary! All I know is that I'm not ready to say goodbye to the Sims 3 and don't plan on doing so for quite awhile!
  • Options
    SimJim917SimJim917 Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    All I know is that I'm not ready to say goodbye to the Sims 3 and don't plan on doing so for quite awhile!
    Amen!
  • Options
    pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I am super excited about this EXP.

In fact this will be the first EXP I may pre-order. I have all Sims 3 Expansion packs (not the stuff packs). But I bought all of them when they were on sale for about 20 bucks.

Sims 4 on the other hand, based on the info they have released so far I am not that interested. I probably will wait for a couple expansions come out when it is on sale to get it.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm personally not interested in the slightest in this expansion pack, and I wasn't interested at all in Island Paradise, either.

I'm patiently waiting for Ts4...
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I'm stlil on the fence about The Sims 4. I just can't decide if I like it or not. I'd much rather have the new TS3 items at this point. I may eventually buy TS4, but right now, it just doesn't seem as appealing to me. Plus I've put so much time, money, and effort into my TS3 creations that I don't want to just throw them under the rug like I did with TS2.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sci fi is just not that many people's thing, first of all. Which i dont get! I love thinking about what the future holds. Sure things look bad with rosing fuel costs, politics in general, climate change. But we humans have been around for thousands of years, im sure we will be okay. Technology is accelerating exponentially. I love thinking about how cool the future could be. Some prefer the past, but that is behind us. The future is a blank slate, and therefore awesome. But there are good things about the past too...

Yes i know, i know :lol:... Then there are some that have moved on to sims four as already mentioned. And there isnt as muchto say about this ep. Im sure this forum will pik up when it is released! I am stoked. I really want to like sims four, but it isnt particularly interesting me right now.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    SimJim917 wrote:
    I just can't see abandoning the Sims 3 after investing so much $$ in the EP's & SP's. I didn't even pay full price. I waited until they came on sale! I will not buy the Sims 4 until it drops below $20.
    Then don't abandon it. I still intend to play both, as well as TS2.

Even if you can't have both on your PC, TS3 hasn't been a waste of money if you've enjoyed playing it while it's been out.

Cyron43 wrote:
    Yep, no one is forcing us to get TS4 but that's not the point of this thread.
    And what about TS4 is looking awesome? I haven't seen anything awesome yet, quite contrary. Anyways I don't want to debate over the looks of TS4 either at this place because that's also not the point of this thread.
    Also the comparison between TS2 and TS3 gives a totally different result. So that doesn't count as an argument. TS3 gave us an open neighborhood which most simmers wished for. So the move to TS3 was only understandable. A comparison between TS3 and TS4 just gives us a downgraded, cartoony graphics. Emotions? Even in TS1 Sims had emotions. So what's the big deal? It sure is not worth to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars into the bin and spend another 80 bucks just for the TS4 base game on top of it.
    I have to disagree Cyron. Cartoony-ness is what The Sims is always about, and I for one, love the new look. Plus it's more than the emotions we've had before, these emotions actually have a real effect on the Sims and they're lives. It's not like TS3 where Sims just cry for a few minutes about their dead relative and then go back to being perfectly happy again.

Everyone has different opinions. I'm looking forward to TS4, because I do see an improvement. I admit that recent info has left me a little disappointed, but the improvements still outweigh that for me, so I still plan to buy it. But I am aware that I don't know a whole lot about it yet and my opinion on TS4 could completely change by release.

I'm also looking forward to ITF, though, because I think it looks like a great EP, they have completely blown me away with it as I was expecting to just be giving it a pass from first impressions, and I still plan to continue playing TS3 even after I have TS4.
  • Options
    alanna_zelenalanna_zelen Posts: 99 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Crazy bugs and glitches in Sims 3... um guys, are you SURE your harddrives aren't on the busted side? (no insults to intelligence intended, its actually harder to spot then you'd think) A lot of my sim related bugs actually upped and left when I traded my pretty much screwed hardrive for one that worked. I still see bugs now, but they are far less with a harddrive without all the nasty potential to corrupt bits.

Heh, are you also sure you aren't guilty as me for leaving the computer running for more then a day? Once you remove those potential factors and don't stress test the game with too much funky stuff, the bugs are actually not that bad. Just don't overheat the comp and and you shouldn't step in the big bugs. This comes from a girl using a laptop, i5 core, integrated graphics and 4gb of ram (1 gb usually being chewed by other stuff). According to all logic the Sims 3 shouldn't run as well as it manages.

The cake topper is that the amount of bugpatches needed to make The Sims 3 playable are by far less then you'd get from trying to play a MMORPG these days. (your bandwidth loves you)

Back to strictly ITF, its actually a pretty awesome way to send the Sims 3 out with a bang. Its an EP bringing a LOT of things to the table, in the form of twists in the way your sims live, to a future totally at your mercy. Don't like your descendants? Change your ways and you'll get some new ones who may get your sense of humour better.

The actual quality of the content, visually and mechanically, shows the team actually did want to send The Sims 3 off with a fitting farewell. It was just unfortunate that EA had to quickly shove TS4 into the limelight too soon in order to bait the next gen of simmers. In my opinion, I won't be going onto TS4 purely because its geared best for a class of gamer that I am not. I'm one of those who likes to run a generation behind the times.

I'm just another gamer who isn't going to evolve now I've found the type of game I actually like. ITF is for those gamers who found The Sims 3 to their liking, but also liked the sci-fi. I feel like Moonlight Hollow was made as the last gift for those simmers who liked the goth styling most. They already had gotten an EP that fitted their style quite well with Supernaturals. ITF is just the last tick in the box to make sure The Sims 3 is left with a vast amount of genre's covered, and all fans happy that it delivered something to their liking. The Sims 4 is just the next round for those who want something NEW, yet familiar. It won't be for all of us, just like there were EP's that weren't for some of us.

There's two sides to every story/
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is why EA will not release much more about TS4 until after this pack . They will want to milk the TS3 cash cow as much as possible
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    To anyone not interested in this ep watch the recorded broadcast tomorrow you might change your mind. Give this ep a chance. The sims 4 is a long way off but this ep is 2 and a half weeks away and also it's associated patch will bring new features to the base game. :wink: