Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

According to gamestop The Sims 4 will be released on March 26,2014

I went there today and picked up my copy of Movie Stuff, and the guy who worked there ,told me TS4 will be out 3/26/14, so I pre ordered it. I'm so excited.. Yay!!!

Comments

• Options
    mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2013
    It might just be a placeholder date. They have to have a date in their system in order to accept preorders so they put a random one in. Don't believe any 'release' date until EA gives an official one.

I watched this happen when Guild Wars 2 was gearing up for release. Almost all the game stores had the release date listed as sometime late May. In reality the game didn't come out until the end of August.
  • Options
    SsimgoddessSsimgoddess Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh Wow, and I actually believed him.. Thanks for the headsup.
  • Options
    lillypad77lillypad77 Posts: 94
    edited September 2013
    mhobler wrote:
    It might just be a placeholder date. They have to have a date in their system in order to accept preorders so they put a random one in. Don't believe any 'release' date until EA gives an official one.

I watched this happen when Guild Wars 2 was gearing up for release. Almost all the game stores had the release date listed as sometime late May. In reality the game didn't come out until the end of August.
    This. It might not be a random date, but at this point in what I've seen with the "pre-Alpha" and with the knowledge of previous EA releases the game is more likely to be delayed until June or later even if they do announce March.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,460 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd pre-order it at gamestop but when I went last time to buy it they didn't have one the EP's in stock. They were advertising it but didn't even have it. After I went three blocks down to a bigger gamestop they didn't even have it either, they even asked me what console is it for or if it's for pc. :x That day was horrible :( went almost a mile away from those two to a best buy where they finally had it. :thumbdown: Gamestop but their dates are accurate at times
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, considering Sims has a solid pattern of releasing games on Tuesdays, I would tend to not believe it. I did see a release date of April 1st listed on GameStop's website briefly (it was promptly removed) the day S4 was announced, so that's likely since that would be a Tuesday. However, whatever they have planned right now could always change several times over before they officially announce it (and even then it could change, as Simcity changed last year from Feb to Mar even after people pre-ordered).
  • Options
    LadySauceyLadySaucey Posts: 117 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, pretty much any date you see as of right now is a placeholder. There's about 10 different dates on different sites out right now lol

Also, most likely the game will be delayed anyway, so wait until EA announces a release date and THEN wait until that date draws near and they announce the pushed back date :P
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just looked at gamestop online, All it says is preorder, It has no date
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:
    I did see a release date of April 1st listed on GameStop's website briefly (it was promptly removed) the day S4 was announced, so that's likely since that would be a Tuesday.
    April 1st is April Fool's Day in the United States, a day for playing jokes on people. I guarantee that was just a joke done by one of the employees. Management probably took it down because it wasn't very professional to put that date up there. (Or maybe management just didn't have a sense of humor.) :P
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh Wow, and I actually believed him.. Thanks for the headsup.

You can believe him because that is what his store has been told by EA> they don't come up with these dates out of nowhere. EA tells retail stores when to 'expect' the games. They don't make it up. However, EA is bad to delay the release of Sim games..all of them...so don't blame the guy or his store if it doesn't happen...it's EA and how well they deal with getting their ducks in a row.

And don't be surprised if TS4 looks like it won't sell as many copies on day one they delay it to hype up a million dollar or more ad campaign like they did for TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited September 2013
    mhobler wrote:

Ummm i was told by gamestop that release date is march 25 th 2014 cuz EA always release sims game on tuesday.. I ask them if that day was a placeholder And they said we dont do placeholders at gamestop.... :lol:... Of course EA can delay the release if they have to but for now that looks like the release day i mean think about it guys... It makes sense
  • Options
    mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2013
    MilenyNoda wrote:
    mhobler wrote:

Ummm i was told by gamestop that release date is march 25 th 2014 cuz EA always release sims game on tuesday.. I ask them if that day was a placeholder And they said we dont do placeholders at gamestop.... :lol:... Of course EA can delay the release if they have to but for now that looks like the release day i mean think about it guys... It makes sense

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. I don't know. What I do know is that I, personally, am not going to believe any release date until EA announces it. No point in getting your hopes up for something that might not be true.
  • Options
    1van_der_vaart231van_der_vaart23 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2013
    it's probably just a placeholder.
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - FOOTBALLER WITH THE BEST TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD.
    skill.gif RAFA YOU'RE THE BEST!
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well you say the 24th I got told Friday 28th March, which kinda makes sense as the games are always released on a Friday in the UK. But like everyone says its just speculation at the moment!
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited September 2013
    It is coming out sometimes in the Spring, and March is one of the Spring months unless they need to postpone it like TS3. If they do postpone, it will be likely in Summer.
  • Options
    BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited September 2013
    It would be nice if the game will cone out on that date It would've middle if my spring break.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    That's the tentative date (or rather March 25th), but I wouldn't put money on it just yet. Pretty much all of the Sims base games have been delayed.

Realistically, summer or even fall 2014 is more likely. They still have a lot of work to do on the game, and March just seems like it's too close for them to finish everything.

And please, people, do NOT whine if the release is announced to be much later than March. We don't want a buggy, unfinished game. Any extra time they take to polish the final product, test for bugs, or add content, can only be beneficial.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited September 2013
    I went there today and picked up my copy of Movie Stuff, and the guy who worked there ,told me TS4 will be out 3/26/14, so I pre ordered it. I'm so excited.. Yay!!!

Yea that's what the manager that runs the store told me as well. He told me sims 4 was available to preorder and gave the date you said. Also for those of you buying Batman Origin it's coming out on a Friday worldwide Oct 25th. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's the tentative date (or rather March 25th), but I wouldn't put money on it just yet. Pretty much all of the Sims base games have been delayed.

Realistically, summer or even fall 2014 is more likely. They still have a lot of work to do on the game, and March just seems like it's too close for them to finish everything.

And please, people, do NOT whine if the release is announced to be much later than March. We don't want a buggy, unfinished game. Any extra time they take to polish the final product, test for bugs, or add content, can only be beneficial.

If they delay sims 4 to Fall the store better pump out some worlds and premium content to keep me busy.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd pre-order it at gamestop but when I went last time to buy it they didn't have one the EP's in stock. They were advertising it but didn't even have it. After I went three blocks down to a bigger gamestop they didn't even have it either, they even asked me what console is it for or if it's for pc. :x That day was horrible :( went almost a mile away from those two to a best buy where they finally had it. :thumbdown: Gamestop but their dates are accurate at times

Oh I can see this game getting delayed so they can put in cast and keep in mind they haven't even turned on the coding for athletic wear yet. I was reading Grant's tweet site and he said his sim when it worked out would get in it's pj's because they haven't enabled athletic wear yet. They have a long way to go with this game.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited September 2013
    I saw somewhere that it said it came out on March 25th
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I saw somewhere that it said it came out on March 25th

Oh my gosh that poor girl in your siggy.
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited September 2013
    Amazon U.S. has this date.

The Sims 4
    This item will be released on December 31, 2014.
    Pre-order now.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

That date is a Tuesday and just in time for holidays.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    Zppy972 wrote:
    Amazon U.S. has this date.

The Sims 4
    This item will be released on December 31, 2014.
    Pre-order now.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

That date is a Tuesday and just in time for holidays.

That's just a placeholder date as well. A lot of times when games don't have an official release date yet and are just said to be coming out within a certain year, sites like Amazon will list the last day of the year as a placeholder date until the actual release date is confirmed.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."