Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not happy about The Sims 4... anyone agree?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think it is too soon to be unhappy about Sims 4. There have been many patches, expansion packs, stuff packs, and additional content for Sims 3 already. I don't think Sims 3 is ready to end of course, but there are some things that are not possible with the existing game engine that I hope they will fix with Sims 4. I think the facial and body shape customization is going to be better from the previews. Wall height can be adjusted, etc.

I wanted to give ideas/suggestions on the Sims 4 forums but it won't let me login properly.

I hope they are wrong about houses only being able to be 3 stories tall.

No sign of L-shaped stairs yet.

I'm really hoping that they will make it easier for users to create new content (I mean, I know they want to make money selling their store items), but half the fun is creating things for the game.

I'll be interested in seeing what format is used for meshes and textures and such.

I would dearly love something that lets us create new objects and add new functions and link animations and such-- but again, they are in this for money so they may feel this cuts down on their profits. Perhaps they could actually sell a program that lets people edit things.

I wonder if simpoints leftover from Sims3 will work for Sims4...

Please excuse my rambling. I am actually rather excited about Sims 4 because of the potential for improvement.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2013
    I remember that back in 2008 there was massive amount of people complaining that TS3 was horrible, with ugly new sims, no seasons etc.
    And now everyone loves TS3 and says that 4 is going to be disappointing. Actually typical if you ask me - most of the people that now complain will be buying the game, trust me :wink:
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    No I do not agree. This sums up my feelings for sims4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOpJbcZztVI

I wuv you...
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited September 2013
    Before some simmers start judging as stated in the post above the same thing happen with the sims 3 when it was annouce and may i remind you that i am pretty sure the sims2 went true this as well and also you need to realise that some simmers might be ready to move on to the next generation of sims witxh in this case is the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited September 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Personally, I didn't start off neutral about TS4; I started off with the opinion that I would buy it just as I have bought almost every Sims games since TS2, but those plans to buy it were (and still are) completely flexible depending on what's revealed about the game before it releases.

I feel exactly the same way. I started off thinking -- before any trailers or previews -- that I was definitely going to get it, because in general I love the franchise. But the more I see, the more I'm turned off. It's not the leap forward I was hoping for in terms of graphics, so the gameplay is going to have to be really fantastic to win me over.
  • Options
    Meechiey2XratedMeechiey2Xrated Posts: 43 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm excited and not excited all at the same time. It seems like they are improving the doughy look fro the sims 3 but taking away some of things that made sims 3 great and awesome