May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Aquarium

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited September 2009
    mofurs wrote:
    I agree with you all that bigger Aquariums are needed. I'm sure it will magically appear in the store in short order for around 10000 points. :roll:

I am sorry but...that is really not likely. For the same reason that we will not see pianos and hot tubs in the store...at least for awhile. The reason for this is that the games are not programmed into the game, and can only really be added by programming them in, which is something that can only really be done in an expansion pack or a patch.

If you look at all the items in the store, all of them are just re-models of pre-existing items that were in the base game.
    Jalida wrote:
    Whats the trick to putting the fish in the homeowners pond?

I just created a pond (looks nice if I do say so myself, oops, I guess I do say so, LOL) and I tried to drag a fish (actually tried with two different types of fish) from the sims backpack into the poind but all I got was the red slash circle indicating I couldn't do that. When i dropped the fish in the pond (even though red slash circle was showing) fish naturally went back to backpack.

You have to have ten of the same kind of fish in your inventory in order to put them into your pond, hope that helps!
  • Options
    amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I don't think stocking a pond satisfies the Life Time Wish.

If they had an aquarium they might make a salt water and a fresh water one. So your sharks don't eat your goldfish...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Jalida wrote:
    I really wouldn't be suprised if one of the first patches doesn't 'unlock' the game mechanics necessary for them to provide things like the piano, or hot tub into the store system. None of us really know what the patches introduce other than what they 'tell' us they fixed and or added, theres nothing to prevent them from 'forgetting' to tell us that they added the game mechanics so that our sims will be able to use a hot tub or piano when they make it available in the store.

Considering their recent trend of putting up more and more free stuff, I can see this happening as well.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    zamajamzamajam Posts: 174 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Love the idea of aquariums. They are a must for my sims who love fishing.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2009
    I really wouldn't be suprised if one of the first patches doesn't 'unlock' the game mechanics necessary for them to provide things like the piano, or hot tub into the store system. None of us really know what the patches introduce other than what they 'tell' us they fixed and or added, theres nothing to prevent them from 'forgetting' to tell us that they added the game mechanics so that our sims will be able to use a hot tub or piano when they make it available in the store.

With that said however, I think they've taken so much flack about the game not having a hot tub or piano that it would be virtual suicide to provide them as a simple buy item in the store at this point. I think that would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back, or the last measure for the crew (fans) to finally jump ship and let it flounder on it's own. Then again, sims fans are kind of blind (in all fairness, *some sims fans*) and don't care how much they have to spend to get everything SIms, as I said before, some folks would rather have their kids eat Top Ramin for a week so they can afford to buy that new set of objects in the store. They are truly 'Hard Core Simmer' that will do whatever it takes to get what they want for their sims games.

I've seen it on these forums and it's a laugh sometimes. One person complained about XY and Z and in the next sentence went on to say that they didn't care though and they would buy it anyway because it's Sims. Scary stuff really, the blind devotion.
  • Options
    rymiparymipa Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    You can buy the expansion pack, High End Loft Stuff... it has a larger aquairum than the previous sims games.......
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,474 Member
    edited August 2010
    Yes I have that aquarium and it's nice. I think you can put up to 6 fish in it and it has a watch interaction. Oh and there suppose to have aquarium walls in late night.