Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't break your expansion packs with mandatory patches.

Everyone here is aware of the game breaking problems that Supernatural has on ambitions.
Even the latest patch has injured one of the better expansions.

My request is simply NOT BREAK YOUR FREAKING GAME!

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2013
    Patch 1.55 has actually left me feeling like uninstalling Sims 3. I've put up with various things with sims games....but having to delete this file, or rename that file, or bypass the launcher, or do any number of things I have had to do gets old after a while.

I sincerely, sincerely hope Sims 4 does not have the kind of issues I've experienced thus far.

E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,544 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:
    Patch 1.55 has actually left me feeling like uninstalling Sims 3. I've put up with various things with sims games....but having to delete this file, or rename that file, or bypass the launcher, or do any number of things I have had to do gets old after a while.

I sincerely, sincerely hope Sims 4 does not have the kind of issues I've experienced thus far.

I can't see myself awarding them with more money unless they repair what they broke on TS3.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2013
    What issues? :shock:
    I've not had any problems with the current patch ...
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

Bully for you! :lol:

I instantly found that my PC slowed down after installing the latest patch...I have a high-spec PC and it suddenly starts running slow? The launcher itself runs slow, it doesn't install items unless I delete certain tmp files that were added, and even when I do, after a short time it happens again, so each time I want to install something new, doesn't matter if it's from the store or from the exchange, or wherever it won't, unless I delete tmp files and some downloadsims file. Added to that, the game itself runs slower, and stuttery. I've never experience the kind of problems I've had with any game, in the way I have with Sims games. And patch 1.55 is the cherry on the top.

I shouldn't have to be messing around with patch/game files just to get the thing to work.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yikes!

That doesn't sound good at all! I really hope how they've coded TS4 is much better!
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:
    Yikes!

That doesn't sound good at all! I really hope how they've coded TS4 is much better!
    If they haven't it will truly be "as is" because one of the (best IMO) modders has already said he won't be modding TS4.
    Feel sorry for the players who will run into problems in the game if that happens.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

Let's see:

Try to explore a cave on a dive lot and Sims reset to the nearest shore -- check.
    A few short months after they made a big deal about being able to take pictures with friends on the smartphone, that ability's gone; Sims just freeze up -- check.
    Game freezes if a self-employed Sim tries to check into a resort -- check.

Some of the issues have been solved with mods, but for those who don't want to use mods they're stuck.

They really need teams to work closer together and do full testing on all sorts of game setups (installed packs) so they could spot problems. It makes no sense to break what was one of the most ballyhooed features of a previous pack, such as self-employment or picture taking. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MadsunnyMadsunny Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2013
    It would be nice to hear from a guru. That they are actually working on a patch now to resolve all the bugs in TS3..i wish they would keep us more updated :(
  • Options
    EmeraldRubyEmeraldRuby Posts: 3,842 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh gee, you'd think EA would be able to put out patches that don't kill your game this far into the franchise. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES! These patches have been faulty to the game since it came out, you'd think EA would have noticed this and done something to avoid a mess up -.- Luckily I don't have supernatural, though it is on my buy list.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

Let's see:

Try to explore a cave on a dive lot and Sims reset to the nearest shore -- check.
    A few short months after they made a big deal about being able to take pictures with friends on the smartphone, that ability's gone; Sims just freeze up -- check.

Some of the issues have been solved with mods, but for those who don't want to use mods they're stuck.

They really need teams to work closer together and do full testing on all sorts of game setups (installed packs) so they could spot problems. It makes no sense to break what was one of the most ballyhooed features of a previous pack, such as self-employment or picture taking. :roll:
    I really hope they'll work on fixing this too, instead of throwing themselves totally on Sims 4. I don't want Sims 4 the way things are heading with it, so i'll depend on 3.
    (if you retry the cave exploring after being resetted the first time it usually does work is my experience)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited August 2013
    Read the whole thread and didn't face any of those glitches :roll: Seems that I'm lucky :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Read the whole thread and didn't face any of those glitches :roll: Seems that I'm lucky :lol:

I haven't either :|
    I've never actually had any issues with my gameplay at all..
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2013

Can you still play Sim Gnubb?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

You mean your Sim never ends up on a nearby beach when you want to explore a cave, together with all the other divers and mermaids that were on te lot? Or do you mean you never tried that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

You mean your Sim never ends up on a nearby beach when you want to explore a cave, together with all the other divers and mermaids that were on te lot? Or do you mean you never tried that?

My Sims can drive just fine, they don't end up on any shore - I've sent my two Sims diving together where they've met other Sims diving
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:
    My Sims can dive just fine, they don't end up on any shore - I've sent my two Sims diving together where they've met other Sims diving
    Diving is not the problem, exploring a cave is ;-)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:

Let's see:

I have all of those problems. The picture taking one really bothers me. I loved having my sims take pictures of themselves with friends or family. They can still take the romantic photos, but not the regular friendly ones (that require Jock status). I used to get them to take pictures practically all the time, at least whenever they got together with a friend to hang out. I especially took lots of photos when my sims had parties. The ones where they're celebrating Spooky Day in their costumes are my favourite! I really miss that :(

I hate that self-employed sims cannot check into resorts. Self-employment careers are usually a lot more fun for me because I hate rabbitholes with a passion.

The cave exploration thing happens to me about half the time I've tried to have a sim explore a cave. But after unlocking the uncharted islands, I don't see any good reason to explore the caves anyways because it's just a lame rabbithole experience. My sims find enough treasure and collectibles other ways that are far more interesting.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    The cave exploration thing happens to me about half the time I've tried to have a sim explore a cave. But after unlocking the uncharted islands, I don't see any good reason to explore the caves anyways because it's just a lame rabbithole experience. My sims find enough treasure and collectibles other ways that are far more interesting.
    I agree you can find your way around most bugs and glitches, even losing Pangu's axe all the time, but it's annoying never the less :wink: (apart from the fact that I haven't discovered the islands yet)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I agree you can find your way around most bugs and glitches, even losing Pangu's axe all the time, but it's annoying never the less :wink: (apart from the fact that I haven't discovered the islands yet)

Have you discovered some of them? There's only one that you need to explore a cave for at least, and if they reset, you can use testingcheats to remove the moodlet and then send them right back. It usually works fine the second attempt. I find the most success when I make my sim view an object right in front or beside the cave I want them to explore. When they view something by the cave, then I can usually send them into the cave with no trouble at all if I don't move the screen at all. It seems the sim is properly aligned to go into the cave and doesn't seem to reset very often when I do it that way.

Nonetheless, EA/Maxis really MUST put in a whole lot more effort with their patches and EPs to make sure they aren't breaking something in the game! How come every time there is a new EP, they re-break the dresser and mirror so that ages reset when you use them? This bug seems to ALWAYS come along with each new addition to the series. They fix it in a patch, then the next EP breaks it all over again :roll:

They do give me the impression of being the most incompetent game programmers ever. It is just an impression of course, but they absolutely need to step up their game or I will not stay with them. I am pretty disgusted by the poor quality of their work on Sims 3. They will have exactly one chance with me for Sims 4. I will try the base game. If it's a buggy mess, I will never purchase another EA product again--simple as that.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm STILL waiting for the fix to Bonehilda which EA broke in one of the patches -- she no longer takes care of babies, just stands at the crib and stares at them.

Anyone know of a fix anywhere? EA sure isn't fixing it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    emiie10 wrote:
    My Sims can dive just fine, they don't end up on any shore - I've sent my two Sims diving together where they've met other Sims diving
    Diving is not the problem, exploring a cave is ;-)

I can still explore caves without and issues :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Have you discovered some of them? There's only one that you need to explore a cave for at least, and if they reset, you can use testingcheats to remove the moodlet and then send them right back. It usually works fine the second attempt. I find the most success when I make my sim view an object right in front or beside the cave I want them to explore. When they view something by the cave, then I can usually send them into the cave with no trouble at all if I don't move the screen at all. It seems the sim is properly aligned to go into the cave and doesn't seem to reset very often when I do it that way.

Nonetheless, EA/Maxis really MUST put in a whole lot more effort with their patches and EPs to make sure they aren't breaking something in the game! How come every time there is a new EP, they re-break the dresser and mirror so that ages reset when you use them? This bug seems to ALWAYS come along with each new addition to the series. They fix it in a patch, then the next EP breaks it all over again :roll:

They do give me the impression of being the most incompetent game programmers ever. It is just an impression of course, but they absolutely need to step up their game or I will not stay with them. I am pretty disgusted by the poor quality of their work on Sims 3. They will have exactly one chance with me for Sims 4. I will try the base game. If it's a buggy mess, I will never purchase another EA product again--simple as that.
    I've only discovered the mermaid island yet, I just started on the island. And you're right, it usually happens once and the second time everything's fine. I'll follow your advise about entering the cave, thanx!

I'm too addicted and in love with Sims 3 to ever leave my Sims, but I agree with you that it's incomprehensible how sloppy and full of mistakes the game is here and there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    I'm STILL waiting for the fix to Bonehilda which EA broke in one of the patches -- she no longer takes care of babies, just stands at the crib and stares at them.

Anyone know of a fix anywhere? EA sure isn't fixing it.
    I'm having the same issue too! It got so annoying for me that I just ended up deleting her coffin. Without her being able to take care of babies and toddlers, she's just a waste of space in my sim's attic because their house never really gets dirty :lol:
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    We've been waiting for two months for them to patch Island Paradise. Sigh. :cry: It's not fair of them to make us wait that long for a patch. I'm not sure why they think people are going to be buying Into the Future when they won't even patch IP.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    I'm not sure why they think people are going to be buying Into the Future when they won't even patch IP.

Because a lot of gamers have such short attention spans that they are easily distracted by anything new and shiny. "Oh, look! A new plumbob! Ooooooh, shiny."