Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just had a horrible thought (CASt)

... What if EA, being the money hungry game development giant that it is, has the bright idea to CHARGE US REAL MONEY for the addition of CASt???

:(
What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??

Comments

• Options
    SimCitySouthSimCitySouth Posts: 339 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Tryhard alert. Not me. The one who posted this twisted thread. Who cares if they are powerful because of all we give them? Look at what they gave us. They provided very solid, endless entertainment for millions of people. Get a life.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited August 2013
    So you would be willing to spend an extra $20 for the addition of a basic element that we should have had to begin with?
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:
    So you would be willing to spend an extra $20 for the addition of a basic element that we should have had to begin with?

No. I am saying that you are being a bit ungrateful.
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:

How are they being ungrateful? Create a Style was / is a really big feature of The Sims 3 which I use very often. Not including CASt would be a major step back.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:

How are they being ungrateful? Create a Style was / is a really big feature of The Sims 3 which I use very often. Not including CASt would be a major step back.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. This tryhard is trying to make people think that EA is greedy. You just don't get it. EA has done so much for millions of people, and Desirai wants to make them look bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    .. um .. EA kind of is greedy. They are the gaming giant and they know it, they can do whatever they want because they have no competition.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    Tryhard alert. Not me. The one who posted this twisted thread. Who cares if they are powerful because of all we give them? Look at what they gave us. They provided very solid, endless entertainment for millions of people. Get a life.

That's incredibly naive, and rude. How can you possibly say somebody doesn't have a life because they suggest EA may charge for something?

Have some respect.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    You make EA sound like Mother Theresa, I don't quite understand...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    EuanSim wrote:

That's incredibly naive, and rude. How can you possibly say somebody doesn't have a life because they suggest EA may charge for something?

Have some respect.

It's okay. He is mad because I insulted him in his other thread. I take full responsibility for that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. This tryhard is trying to make people think that EA is greedy. You just don't get it. EA has done so much for millions of people, and Desirai wants to make them look bad.

I understand completely. EA has left out features of an expansion pack and sold them in the store before. When they do things like this it makes them seem (in my opinion) greedy.

I'm confident that EA will add CASt in The Sims 4.

Also, there are plenty of other people trying to make EA look bad and greedy.
  • Options
    KaitlynHortonKaitlynHorton Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I really don't think she's being ungrateful. We are the ones paying them $60 for the game and we should be getting basic features like create style if we pay for the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really don't think she's being ungrateful. We are the ones paying them $60 for the game and we should be getting basic features like create style if we pay for the game.
    100% Agreed :)
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2013
    Good to see threads like this which represent the civility among forum members with no harsh negativity and name calling.

-Said no Sims 3 Forum member ever.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:

While I may agree with you on the CASt I do not see EA charging anybody a fee to use a option. I rather wait for EA to say what is going to replace CASt before making up rumors. Now if EA has a better option than CASt than that would be a big step forward and not back. EA has not addressed us on what is the outcome of CASt just a bunch of people who are speculating because they do not see anything related to CASt.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2013
    That would make them look really bad if they chose to charge that outside of the base game when it was already given to us in the sims 3 ya know. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Think about what you posted, if you pay $60 for a game and you know that the option is not there or even may not be implemented. It is your fault. Now in the defense of EA it is their product and they can change it if they wish and nothing is mandatory that it has to be added. Now you as a paying customer has a choice, you can continue to invest or you can move on. EA is big enough to know the choices it makes and how it will affect them. EA is no angel but they are a business and it is all about capitalism being companies can dictate how they push their product. Same thing happened when Sims 3 was made known, so no difference.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:

Have some respect.

It's okay. He is mad because I insulted him in his other thread.

That was someone else that you insulted, FYI. I didn't think it was nice to call that person an idiot. But of course, you don't care because I can tell that you have no emotions (so it's impossible to make a sim of you on TS4).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    loosma wrote:
    That would make them look really bad if they chose to charge that outside of the base game when it was already given to us in the sims 3 ya know. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

I would not worry, they not going to charge us for that and she was just creating a speculation.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Maybe CASt will come outside as a free addon like Create a Pattern? That would be cool maybe ... maybe make presets and groups of different styles for different objects.

Like have a section for furniture and you could favorite the ones you liked and hide the ones you disliked..

(just rambling)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I understand that I don't have to pay money for it if I don't like that it isn't a feature I'm just saying that it would make sense to include it in the base game when everyone wants it so bad and we had it in the sims 3.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I understand that I don't have to pay money for it if I don't like that it isn't a feature I'm just saying that it would make sense to include it in the base game when everyone wants it so bad and we had it in the sims 3.

True for that but right now almost everyone is getting emotional over a option that has not been told to us that it was dropped. Sooner or later EA will let us know what the status of the CASt is. I hate to see CASt dropped myself unless they have something to replace CASt and is just as capable if even more. As we get closer all will be revealed I suppose, I wait for news from EA itself and not from third parties or people not associated with EA because anything from people not associated with EA is nothing more than grapevine news and tends to be 99% wrong and anything from EA is official and 100% true. Most people are drawing conclusions because of what they are not seeing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Goldmoldar wrote:

True for that but right now almost everyone is getting emotional over a option that has not been told to us that it was dropped. Sooner or later EA will let us know what the status of the CASt is. I hate to see CASt dropped myself unless they have something to replace CASt and is just as capable if even more. As we get closer all will be revealed I suppose, I wait for news from EA itself and not from third parties or people not associated with EA because anything from people not associated with EA is nothing more than grapevine news and tends to be 99% wrong and anything from EA is official and 100% true. Most people are drawing conclusions because of what they are not seeing.
    I just hope we can find out soon
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't think that will happen. If they don't incorporate that tool in the game, it will be a big fail for me! And I think for many people too.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If they don't include cas in the game I hope that we at least get lots of different colours of the same piece of furniture or clothing already in the game.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    Desirai wrote:
    ... What if EA, being the money hungry game development giant that it is, has the bright idea to CHARGE US REAL MONEY for the addition of CASt???

:(

Right at the moment they don't know if CAS will be included or not. There is a lot of things for the game that may or may not be included. One of the Sim's campers said they were told by the developers they are not positive what the end product will be. She said that they were shown features that might not even make it into the base game.

Desirai wrote:

This is the mind set I take issue with. It seems like a lot of players feel a sense of entitlement with the "what we should have to begin with". Just because TS3 has CAS that doesn't mean it has to be automatically included in TS4.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright