Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 graphics?

Do you think it's an upgrade or downgrade?
Look at this comparison.
The Sims 4 vs The Sims 3 with skins.
5f4191.jpg

It's not an unfair comparison. I just want people to see the difference of quality. Some people get blinded or just because it's "NEW" doesn't mean it's better right away. EA/Maxis should look at how people do it and make it better. Not downgrade to cartoonish alpha 3D. If you want to spend $70 dollars, go ahead. I'm not buying it unless they listen to the fans. If people can make mods and make it better, imagine what a multi-billion dollar company like EA could make? They can make it better than what they did. They just want to make The Sims 4 cheap and fast to make money. The Sims 4 base game is $70, I could only imagine how much the expansion packs and stuff packs will be.

Comments

• Options
    crystalfox05crystalfox05 Posts: 300 Member
    edited August 2013
    That is not a very good comparison when all the Sims shown on the Sims 3 side are Sims riddled with CC.
    Let there be Sims! <3
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited August 2013
    In terms of CC free, the sims are a definite upgrade besides the hair and eyelashes. But as for the world.. a downgrade.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    This thread is void.

End of discussion.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    This thread is idiotic.

You can't show CC-free, pre-alpha Sims, from TS4...and then compare it to CC fueled, Mod fueled, finished Sims from TS3. It's ludicrous!

By the way, that's not what all simmers want. I for one don't want my Sims to look like plastic surgery, barbie dolls. :roll:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2013
    I had an initial knee-jerk and gut feeling response, but...I think I will wait until Fall/Spring sometime and see how the game evolves.

I don't think that is a fair comparison between the two games, but I think it is a more than acceptable representation of your expectations.

I am partial to your sims on the second row, especially the female with the dark blond hair and black top. If can can get those facial proportions in TS4 CAS and if CC can do the rest, I would be fine with the game. My expectations are that I will have to do the same things I did with TS2 and TS3 to get the sims I want. :-)

I will just have to live with the over-the-top facial expression though. That never changes it seems, even in TS3.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think the OP is trolling.

Post Sims 3 sims without the CC.
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2013
    Look at this comparison.
    5f4191.jpg

It's not an unfair comparison. EA/Maxis should look at how people want it.
    Not downgrade to cartoonish alpha 3D. If you want to spend $70 dollars, go ahead. I'm not buying it unless they listen to the fans. If people can make mods and make it better, imagine what a multi-billion dollar company like EA could make? They can make it better than what they did. They just want to make The Sims 4 cheap and fast to make money. The Sims 4 base game is $70, I could only imagine how much the expansion packs and stuff packs will be.

mehhhhhhh bad comparison.... :thumbdown: ...Thats with CC hello.....how many times did CC crash your game :twisted:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    but sims 4 looks better than 4 without CC.... :P
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm liking the Sims 4 graphics so far.

I never do like cc, to be honest. I know why some people do, but it's not my thing and doesn't appeal to me. I look forward to playing with the game as it is when it's released.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    MikeSneedMikeSneed Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    I think the Sims 4 looks better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sims 4 sims will look different......sims 3 sims they all look alike :lol: .... no one is making you buy the sims 4...how about u stay with the sims 3 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I'm liking the Sims 4 graphics so far.

I never do like cc, to be honest. I know why some people do, but it's not my thing and doesn't appeal to me. I look forward to playing with the game as it is when it's released.

I agree with you but i wasnt very fond of sims 3 hairs :S or eyes...But the sims 4 is looking like CC free for me...they look awesome EA is doing a fantastic job now we need a bit of texture in the hair and create a style...Im so ready for sims 4.... DONE WITH SIMS 3 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2013
    I prefer The sims 4 sims, The sims 3 ones look silly with all that CC
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    This thread is idiotic.

You can't show CC-free, pre-alpha Sims, from TS4...and then compare it to CC fueled, Mod fueled, finished Sims from TS3. It's ludicrous!

By the way, that's not what all simmers want. I for one don't want my Sims to look like plastic surgery, barbie dolls. :roll:

jejejejejejej :lol::lol::lol::lol: ...Yup me neither...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How about this SimsCollage_zps8974814d.png
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited August 2013
    MilenyNoda wrote:
    How about this SimsCollage_zps8974814d.png

Or:

Realistic individual hair strands like this:
    rose_sims3_hair020.JPG

Realistic Eyelashes like this:
    sclub-ts3-eyelash-design1-f_0-500x500.jpg

Realistic eyebrows like this:
    MTS_Elexis-1257600-Eyes.jpg

On that sims 4 face and she would be PERFECTO!
  • Options
    MikeSneedMikeSneed Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    Look at this comparison.
    5f4191.jpg

It's not an unfair comparison. EA/Maxis should look at how people want it.
    Not downgrade to cartoonish alpha 3D. If you want to spend $70 dollars, go ahead. I'm not buying it unless they listen to the fans. If people can make mods and make it better, imagine what a multi-billion dollar company like EA could make? They can make it better than what they did. They just want to make The Sims 4 cheap and fast to make money. The Sims 4 base game is $70, I could only imagine how much the expansion packs and stuff packs will be.

I like the Sims 4 more. It looks far more like a Sims game. I think EA listened to their fans just fine.
  • Options
    heartnotsubasaheartnotsubasa Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    This thread is idiotic.

I'm not comparing it to The Sims 3. Read before you make a comment. I'm comparing the graphics of 3 with mods to 4. If people can make it, why can't EA? They just want to make the game fast and sell it for $70 dollars for a massive amount of profit. I guess people are so dumb these days and doesn't care if they get cheated for price over quality.
  • Options
    EliAlonEliAlon Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I love it i think it all looks way better than sims 3 without cc! and plus you are saying that sims 3 has realistic skins and stuff but all those sims on the sims 3 side have custom content skins! Base game of sims 3 or sims 4? For me Sims 4 Base Game!
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Look at this comparison.
    5f4191.jpg

It's not an unfair comparison.

Yeah, it is. That's like comparing a finished, fully modded out-car to some newly made car parts.

image1.jpg

Against

Car-Parts.jpg

is NOT a fair comparison.
  • Options
    twilightgirl1601twilightgirl1601 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims 3 sims are full of CC (including their skins)... also, those photos have photoshop filters on them. :)
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited July 2014
    OT but adventfear, I'm following you on twitter, at least I think it's you. Anyway, wanted to say you are creating some amazing looking sims, love your latest attempt at the Goth dude!
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    As has been pointed out, not a fair comparison.

The Sims 3 sims are riddled with CC. Which I think makes them look terrible actually but apparently that is an unpopular opinion. But it saves me from more crashes and problems :-) .

Anyway in terms of CC-free TS4 and TS3, I think TS4 is better but it's all preference.

• Options
    jordan4240jordan4240 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    This thread is idiotic.

This^ :!: :!:
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey! two of those "sims 3" pictures aren't even from the sims 3! and one of them is painted!! :lol:

let's unveil a classy sims 3 sim froma source unknown..

QHiCp6Y.png

and bring up a tumblr picture of a cas sim ...
    tumblr_n8izuoV8Yo1repwnso1_1280.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top