Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on TS4 trailer?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    edited August 2013
    I LOVE IT. The sims look so much better. I don't give a'f if it's "cartoon-y" which it is, they are pretty. Sims 3's sims were the ugliest pudding faces I've ever seen. The is the biggest deal for me, so I am very pleased that the faces are better. CAS is better. I'm so excited.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was just like, "WOW". :shock:
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    I things I loved:

The graphics
    create a sim
    the house building
    the emotions

I can't wait to see gameplay, I'm excited for that.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2013
    After seeing the real gameplay trailer I am absolutely in love. Like 100% in love.

I can live with the hair... I mean I lived with the robots in sims 3... Lol

Love the detail in streets, lighting. So much to be seen it these sims are what I hoped for.... Modern, graphically improved looking sims 2 sims, it's awesome!

It's. So incredible how the sins seem so much more alive it really excites me that they took the time to make the sins more expressive and life like. I can't wait until Thursday to see more.

Don't let that fool you tho, they need to come correct with content as well To make me an excited simmer. Thus far though I'm on my way !!! Tired old recycled ep themes need to be in the base game.... And from teasers, pics and such it looks like we may indeed get that so I'm excited!
  • Options
    IssiminsIssimins Posts: 63
    edited August 2013
    GummiBearx wrote:
    I LOVE IT. The sims look so much better. I don't give a'f if it's "cartoon-y" which it is, they are pretty. Sims 3's sims were the ugliest pudding faces I've ever seen. The is the biggest deal for me, so I am very pleased that the faces are better. CAS is better. I'm so excited.

I so agree with this. I love the way they look so far.
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited August 2013
    Okay, I saw the trees and plants swaying in the wind, but now I am going to have to go back and check out the movement of the hair because I obviously missed that. Possibly because I wasn't expecting it. The hair looked more like TS2 to me (not complaining), but we'll see. Either way, I'm interested to see more.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, loved the way the sims moved and their actions affect others
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    I loved it :D Can't wait to see what they show on the 22nd. I'm also excited to see the gameplay for Into the Future, sucks that it will be the final expansion :'(. Oh well, at least the Sims 4 is coming! I love the style of graphics they went with and the hair doesn't bother me at all. I will be buying this game when it comes out.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I wasn't too impressed by the pics, but I did enjoy seeing the new sims in motion. It looked WAY BETTER than I had feared!!!

I think the lip movements looked... shallow? I'm not too sure how to express my opinion, but the lip movements didn't quite look right to me.

I was really happy to see that in motion, the new sims are a whole lot better than I feared when I saw the leaked pics. It looks like I just might enjoy this new game.

Still need to see more about gameplay, but I am happy with what I've seen so far. (I also got excited about the new Dragon Age :wink: )

I agree that there was something slightly off about some of the lip movement when they were talking. But at the same time it was so cute the way Ollie's lip quivered when he was sad. I think the game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun playing about with them.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited August 2013
    Here's my list of what I thought about the trailer:

Facial expressions- I love them! They remind me of the Sims 2 facial expressions, except smoothed-out and slightly more realistic. I always love it when video game characters are very expressive, it makes it easier to see how they are "feeling" from farther away and it makes me more immersed in the game. However, something about the teeth looked odd to me. I can't put my finger on it, could just be an uncanny valley thing.

Emotions- Love these too! I like the different degrees of emotion, I hope the sims can really show it this time. I wonder if the emotions sims get can be influenced by their personalities/traits?

CAS- SO. AWESOME. I've always wanted a CAS like that for the sims, but I thought they would never use it. I am so excited for the walk cycles, I hope they work great in-game! I would have liked the hair to look different, but I can respect the style they were going for. It would be worse to have weird, out-of-place looking sims in my opinion. The hair styles look great at least! I like how you can change how big the irises in the eyes are, a small but cool detail. I'm waiting to see how the clothing menu looks. I wonder if we still have Create-A-Style?

Landscape- I like the new town! It's New Orleans themed I'm guessing? I also saw a town that is reminiscent of Veronaville in the screenshots. Good, because that was one of my favorite towns!

Graphics- I like the art style, and the sims look great! Love the lighting, finally streetlamps reach other floors too! Not sure about the grass/plants though, grass looks like sims 3 grass without advanced rendering ( not good )and the plants look blocky. Hopefully it will look more polished in the final game, but gameplay matters more than graphics to me :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I saw :) It is EA, so I went it with low expectations but this time around it seems like they stepped up their game! Let's see if it stays that way in in the real gameplay :)
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited August 2013
    Its good to see some positive reviews, finally :mrgreen:
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2013
    I didn't think I would get to see it but it turns out it started right at 7:00am my time and was just long enough for me to watch and still get to work on time. Yay!

I have to say, I thought the "arrival" trailer was very clever and engaging. I loved the 3-d rendering, even though that won't be in the game. (Cutaway scenes maybe??)

I love the look of the Sims now that we've seen them in motion. I liked them before and I like them even better now. The hair really doesn't bother me anymore.

The building tools look amazing but I don't think it's going to make me any better at building houses. :lol:

I love how they did a little story with the in-game trailer. It gave us some idea of what to expect, although there will be much much more to discover once the game is released.

Yup, I have to say I'm pleased so far! :-)
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Conclue wrote:
    I wish that the iPad would play the live stream but it won't.

This thing isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Ugh cant wait to see it.

I have the iPad 2 and it played for me :?

Anyway OP my thoughts on the trailer is...they were just announcing that The Sims 4 has arrived basically....that's it