Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you still interested in The Sims 3 now that you've seen The Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2013
    I lost interest in TS3 a long time ago due to it's own flaws. Nothing to do with TS4.
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited August 2013
    Like Shanathecooch, I'm building more, and also creating Sims right and left. Making over townies. Creating entire communities from scratch on empty custom worlds (SO much fun there). Trying to use all the store items I've bought. Experimenting with weird stuff using MOO, like seeing if chickens can fly in hot air balloons (they can board but not fly). :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=460"

Hopefully my imagination will keep me interested in Sims 3 until 4 comes out.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes.
    I am so looking forward to The Sims 4; although you all probably know since I've said it a million times. But, I've recently installed TS3 Base Game.
    Since 'GTA V' isn't out yet, and it'll be a while till TS4, I decided to do a legacy type game-play.

I've decided to start a household of four using only the Base Game and some CC. Then, when I've done everything I can do with them, I'll install WA, then when I've finished exploring everything inch of WA, I'll install Amb...
    And so-on, and so-forth!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I intend to complete sims 3.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2013
    My interest in the Sims 3 died months ago. After I realized what a flop UNI was, I gave up. I haven't really played it since. And now I definitely have no interest to play it. I'm just gonna wait for the Sims 4.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm still interested in Sims 3. Sims 4 is months away, and I can't let myself spend months pining for something.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm the opposite. I want my PC to be fixed so I can play Sims 3, oddly I miss my sims :?
    I'm still not bothered by Sims 4 at all.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2013
    I lost interest in TS3 about a year ago. I started playing a little bit again in the days before University Life came out and got that, only to find that the crippling bugs that came with it made my game totally unplayable. I uninstalled TS3 about a month ago and sold off all of the games. I got quite a bit for them, too, so I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    lillypad77lillypad77 Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Yes and no. Yes since the Sims 3 is a good game and I haven't completely explored Island Paradise yet so I'll still play it.

No since the Sims 3 crashed and had so many glitches I'll be more than happy to see those go. Plus half of the features added in the Sims 3 felt like worse versions of the Sims 2.
  • Options
    hyperchild623hyperchild623 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2013
    After purchasing Island Paradise, it became kind of laggy. It didn't run as smooth so I barely play with it now :/ I can't wait for Sims 4! Only 3 more days until Gamescom :D
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited August 2013
    Very. I'm not gonna be interested in Sims 4 until a couple EP's in. I was the same way with Sims 3.
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Why yes I'm still interested in TS3 I'm just waiting for the final patch to see where modding will go. After seeing TS4 I'm not impressed at all.
  • Options
    RobynpaulaRobynpaula Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I am... Considering that I'm not the least bit interested in TS4.

I still play TS2 even though I also have TS3. So, no I will not stop playing a game that I already have just because they have announced a new one.

I'm not a sheep... I make my own decisions. And I will not be buying TS4.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2013
    My interest for TS3 faded awhile ago.
    I still play it though, but it is never enough to keep me hooked or truly interested.

My interest peaked at Late Night and was on a steady decline since. I still have SPs I haven't installed yet. I'll probably do that when I play next time just to see what they are about.

But I haven't purchased IP and don't plan on getting ITF. When the new generation is announce I officially check out of the current one.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm the opposite. I want my PC to be fixed so I can play Sims 3, oddly I miss my sims :?
    I'm still not bothered by Sims 4 at all.

:lol: Deadpool is so funny.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm about to throw my Sims 3 copy in the trash basket now. Totally garbage for me.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2013
    I haven't been interested in the Sims 3 since showtime came out, even b4 that i would play for 30min or less. I hardly ever play the Sims 3 and I have all the expansion and stuff packs so far. I'm not going to get into the future, the new stuff packs and store content, they are not interesting at all, just more rushed Sims 3 products. I cant wait till the sims4 comes out, I'm so excited :) ,hearing about the sims4 does make me want to play the Sims 2 again.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    I'm about to throw my Sims 3 copy in the trash basket now. Totally garbage for me.

You're mad.
    Use the disc as a tea-coaster. Much better! :D
    I never liked 3, still constantly play 2 and sometimes 1 but only trying to get into 3 again now. (I know I've said this but ah well. )

I'm looking forward to 4.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah. I really like what I'm hearing about TS4, but I won't have it for almost another year. Not to mention I still go back and play older titles in other franchises so I don't see why that should change with this one.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love Sims3 and Sims4 is still a long way from release. Even after release I will still be playing Sims3. As others have said the base game will be so limited it will pall very quickly.
    I have much too much time and money invested in Sims3 to abandon it out of hand :mrgreen:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love the Sims 3 o_o I don't think I'll ever be tired of it. I am really excited for the the Sims 4 though, it also looks like a great game.
  • Options
    GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I most definitely am still interested in The Sims 3! I only got it Christmas 2012, I only have 7 expansion packs, 1 stuff pack, 2 store worlds, and not very many items from the store. And I haven't even used all of the expansions features. I still have A LOT to go. I'm not giving up on all of the sims that I made, I become obsessed with the sims I make, that happens pretty easily, though! :lol: Also, I'm not very impressed with The Sims 4 so far, and I kinda wanna wait until it comes out so there will be expansions and cc, it'll make it more fun, in my opinion. I wouldn't really care about reviews or what other people have to say about it, because there were a bunch of people saying how bad Sims 3 was, even though it was WAY more fun and had better graphics than Sims 2 in my opinion. People complain about the 'pudding faces' but I didn't find that much of a problem when I actually messed around with the sliders! And cc helped a bunch too. One of the things I LOVE doing in Sims 3 is making sims, and taking pictures, and maybe even joining modelling comps over on the other parts of the forums. I don't really think I would love taking pictures of those cartoony looking sims in Sims 4. If Sims 4 looks more cartoony, can they make cc look as good as the cc for Sims 3? Just a question. Now, I'm also not saying graphics are everything, I mean, The Walking Dead game is my favorite game, and it looks like a comic! But for sims, I feel like the graphics have been getting better and better with each game and now the graphics in Sims 4 don't look as good as Sims 3 in my opinion. Just saying, this is my personal opinion, not saying it applies to anyone else here. :) And all this could change by gamescon, I'll just have to wait and see! :mrgreen: P.s. sorry this was SO long, lol! :lol:
  • Options
    anmllvr234anmllvr234 Posts: 577
    edited August 2013
    No not interested. I usually sell all previous expansion packs when a new franchise comes out. I have a Ebay account which i sold all my sims1 games and sims2 expansions. Most likely I will sell all games from Sims 3. Its always hard to sell them though unless the new franchise is better. It might be hard to give up the sims 3 since it was many great options in the game.
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, absolutely! There are gonna be lots of things released in The Store, and there are infinite ways to play the game depending on what you put in it. I still don't have all of the EP/SP's yet, and I still haven't done so many things in the game.

I am not going to buy TS4, even if I like it, until at least several EPs have come out for it. I'm not starting at the bottom all over again...and I can so no reason to stop playing TS3. I'm actually in the midst of completing my Sims 2 collection as well, and as soon as I get them all, I'm going to play IT too. Each game is different and enjoyable for those different reasons.

I can't make up my mind about TS4 yet. We've only seen a few pictures, and that doesn't tell me squat about gameplay, or whether it will have all of the customization that TS3 has. I could not get into it, most likely, if the Choose-A-Style system we have now is gone. I hate the UI from what I've seen of it too...I don't even see a reason to change from the current one.

I initially HATED the look of TS4, but it IS growing on me. It has all of the bright, sharp colors that TS2 had, but it also feels a bit...hmm, I don't know what the word is. Here is an analogy...stupid one, but it's all I got. You know Crayola Crayons, right? Then, have you seen the Crayola Crayons that are made for toddlers? They're the same basic thing, only they're "chunkier". It's sort of how I feel about some of the graphics. When looking at the houses with views of the inside, none of the edges are sharp. They seem really chunky and so it looks a bit too "kiddie" for me. I don't know if it'll grow on me or not.

THe makers or breakers for me will be, gameplay, customization, variations of build/buy/CAS things available, and what they're planning on including at a later point.

But at this point, whether or not I ever buy TS4, I can't see one reason to stop playing TS3. There's just way too much for me to do.

EDIT: Oh, another thing. I need to see that they will include all life-stages in TS4. From what I've seen thus far, the emphasis seems to be on young adults. That's highly disappointing to me. I remember when we were first shown the artwork too, for TS4. They actually said they were focusing on a "sexier" look for The Sims. That REALLY bugs me. Our society is so hyper-sexualized (and I'm no prude), that sex is just in everything, and I think there's a time and a place for everything. Not everyTHING needs to be everyWHERE. I'm tired of women being objectified and everything is about how "hot" a person looks. I'm a little concerned about where TS4 is headed in that regard. I hope they're not planning on making the main focus being on young adults/adults. Each and every life-stage should be fun and important. That would be a deal-breaker for me right there, if it wasn't.