Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do You Like the New Graphics Or Not?

Comments

• Options
    11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2013
    Some hairstyles are really cool but other ones look very off, just because of the graphics.
    Anyway. I think the graphics are better than in TS3. Realistic Sims would be cool, but hey, this is cool too. They were never meant to look perfectly realistic.
    I'd go for "love the graphics" then.
    You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
    Wishlist: here.
  • Options
    reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited August 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    HATE

Hate isn't even a strong enough word.

ditto.

Hate them.

Look as though they are releasing this in 2005.
  • Options
    XaielaoXaielao Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think they look alright. I don't mind the stylized look really. Besides, there will be texture reskins out within a few weeks probably for those who prefer more realistic looks.
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love The Sims4 graphics. The Sims are back.
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Ambivalent

I definitely don't hate the graphics, but they seem like a step down from how realistic Sims 3 was.
    That being said, I LOVE the new sliders and features that seem to be included in CAS. I also really like the new hairstyles! (even though most seem to hate them!)
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm ambivalent. I couldn't care less about the graphics to be honest, so long as it's not a clear step backwards. The new towns look great, I'm so happy there's two distinct styles in the houses we've seen as it suggests there'll be more than one new town per instalment. Yes, the hair doesn't look GREAT, but it may well move nicely like it did in TS2.

What I love is people's ridiculous reactions, especially when I've seen some of the same people complaining about the graphics of TS4, complain about the lagginess of TS3. If your computer can't handle TS3, why do want TS4 to look like the Mona Lisa? :lol:
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ambivalent now.

I hated them at first. I do feel like they are a step back. I think they are too cartoony. Disney/Pixar is not something I want in this game. However, I am getting used to them and - except for that truly awful Fisher Price/Lego plastic hair - I may learn to like them. It's just that it's going to be such an adjustment from TS3.

Mostly, I'm just trying to be patient until we've seen more.
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Updated :D! Love is winning by...a LOT.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited August 2013
    I guess im in the middle. I don't hate it but i don't love it either. I love the look of the Sims except their hair. But the items doesn't look that good i'll need more screens or a trailer/gameplay video untill i know if i love it or hate it :(
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    mzawesomechicmzawesomechic Posts: 130 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i hate them but i think on tuesday its going to look much better
  • Options
    PalomaPlay1PalomaPlay1 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2013
    Personally and considering only these pictures (hoping that things change Gamescom)
    I HATE the graphics!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    agough111 wrote:
    Love the graphics.

The only thing I don't enjoy is how unrealistic the hair movement is, but that is minor, and I'm sure that with unrealistic hair movement, sliders are much more likely to occur, so, I love the graphics.

Also, how did you get this information? Is there a trailer? If so, could you post a link, I've been dieing to watch it.

I got the information purely from this site. Everything you see on this forum is basically all anyone knows right now haha. No trailer yet, but I BELIEVE one is scheduled to be released at Gamescon in...3 days!
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hate the hair texturing and overall low polycount.

I don't actually mind the look of the sims or the clothes. It's just the awful hair that makes me vote "hate". EA has to improve the textures.
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    Updated ! Love is winning by...a LOT.

Yes, but if you count ambivalent and hate together, you can honestly say that an equal number of people don't love the graphics. :wink:

The third party candidate always screws up the votes. :D

• Options
    edited August 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Updated ! Love is winning by...a LOT.

Yes, but if you count ambivalent and hate together, you can honestly say that an equal number of people don't love the graphics. :wink:

The third party candidate always screws up the votes. :D

Haha very true :wink:. Felt a middle ground was necessary for this poll, though. Maybe after this thread has been around for awhile I'll put up some statistics.
  • Options
    PalomaPlay1PalomaPlay1 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2013
    BenjoSama wrote:
    I'm sort of on the fence on this one. I like the look. I defiantly wasn't hoping for some realistic sim. I always liked the cartoonish look. They look a bit like the Sims 2 sim but upgraded. But, I sort of liked the Sims 3 Sims because of...I'm not sure how to explain. The Sims 3 Sims seemed...bigger? Their features were very over emphasis able, if that's a word? :lol: I Don't know, these Sims look a little disappointing. But they're growing on me, and they look really well. Just, the faces remind me of Sims 2, like only having a few premade faces.

So, I'm on the fence on this one. :mrgreen:

I agree with you! In the sims 3 sims look bigger, not so small and skinny like dolls, so strange as those photos, besides the light hair, it's horrible. The only thing, the look, the look of one of the girls is very real, I find something innovative.
  • Options
    ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm ambivalent. In some of the pictures they look a little blocky and too cartoonish, but I can't deny that a lot of the pictures have a certain charm about them. So while I would hope the final game has a bit better graphics, I would still probably play it as long as the gameplay was good.
  • Options
    Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love them!
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    edited August 2013
    LIKE :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    Love the graphics so far
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ambivalent
    I do not really care about the graphics as long as they do not totally suck.The new CAS system seems pretty nice
    Anyway the graphics arent terrible,but I expected massive changes,since the new generation of gaming is on it's way
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love them.
  • Options
    anmllvr234anmllvr234 Posts: 577
    edited August 2013
    Wow sims can eat and drink with their food now and the food actually looks nice. I actually think streets look like that in real life are cool.
  • Options
    BestFriendsLoveBestFriendsLove Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, but i really don't like the graphics of the sims theirselfs.
    The houses and environment look awesome, but the sims look in my opinion way too cartoonish and also look like they have a flat face without any details... But i'm soo happy Sims will finally be able to have drinks with their meals! :D
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love the graphics, i dont understand why people are hating on TS4! Yea the sims themselves do remind me of the sims 2, TS4 has a familiar type of style sim wise by the looks of things, but they dont really look the same when you compare a TS2 sim to a TS4 sim. Also that external pic of the house at night the lighting is spot on the lamp look amazing and the light hitting the house is a gigantic improvement no more having one story light up with a dodgy line and no light above. Plus i love love love the tram, sidewalks, curbs and drains! It just (to me) makes it so much more real and appealing and very pleasing to the eye! i hope the team dont take them out!!!! This build mode room thing is making me scared tho do we not get a wall tool anymore? id be happy if we can only build internal walls that ok but i pray we still have create a style!!!! You cant give us such a powerful tool then take it away!!!! Also ilove how lush and vibrant the environment is!! Its nothing like the sims 3 its visualy (its already been said) like a pixar movie!!! and the trees and plants!!! stunning good job gurus!!! cant wait to see some gameplay during gamescom :D