Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suvadiva Resort, a paradise in the Maldives - Ready to download!

Comments

• Options
    NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is stunning! I am very excited to get started with this world.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation!
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is SOOOO beautiful!!!!! I am downloading and rec'ing right now!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh wow! This is the perfect place for my sims to get married in.
    Thanks so much, Nilxis!
  • Options
    pieter1999pieter1999 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hee!
    I've uploaded a video on my YouTube channel in which I talk about this world you've created.
    That's because I think this world looks amazing and very professional and I want as many people as possible to download it.
    I've said it's created by you, so I hope you don't mind I've made the video.
    Here's the link to it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DveUNYfIjLs

DutchSims 3 Master

You've done an amazing job :)
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi! I'm so happy that you made this video :D I watched some of your building videos some time ago and I really liked your houses. Just to clear up the confusion: the name of the world is Suvadiva Resort, Maldives is the real islands which the world is based on, and there are two IP resorts in the world called Royal Resort and Veli Resort :wink:
    Anyway thank you so much for your nice comments, I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited August 2013
    :shock: Oh my! This is so beautiful, recommended, downloaded and playing. Thank you.
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited August 2013
    :shock: Utterly breath-taking! Amazing work. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited August 2013
    AMAZING World! Definitely downloading. <3
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    Gorgeous tiny world, and it plays wonderfull!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh Nilxis, it's beautiful! Love love love that deep blue color of the sky and water. Feels just like being in the tropics! This is terrific, but then, I love everything you do! :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nilxis, I played Suvadiva last night. I will be keeping it in my game probably permanently as a favorite resort destination with Traveler :) Thank you so much for this amazing creation! I so appreciate the diversity of your worlds. They are all works of art.
    And I loved diving the blue hole! :):)

Question for you: there is a custom painting that you made in game, a replacement image in one of the base game paintings. It isn't cc (right?).. how did you do that? It is SO cool.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glad that you are all liking and enjoying it :D

Aminovas, it's not CC. It's a recolor just like the roofs or the flag :)
    There's a tutorial here if you want to check it out (Reply #4): http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=1264.0
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OH, cool! I don't know how to do that. Thanks for posting the tutorial link!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    That is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!

Downloaded and rec'd

I TRULY hope this gets noticed by the Guru's and featured :thumbup:

deited for typos :roll:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looks sensational, wanna send my self sim and husband to live there
  • Options
    lynnythegreatlynnythegreat Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2013
    Downloaded yesterday and I love it. Just one thing. Is there any place that the Sims who did not have the sense to get scuba diving lessons before their vacation - can get them?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think the Diving Lot in the Blue Hole doesn't need any experience level :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Downloaded yesterday and I love it. Just one thing. Is there any place that the Sims who did not have the sense to get scuba diving lessons before their vacation - can get them?

You can have your sim snorkel until they are skilled enough to dive!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for telling me about the diving spot.

I've played about 3 Sim days and noticed the following - first wild horses are all over the island. They started showing up (last night) when my main couple (who also own one of the resorts) were coming out of the underground Bistro. (can't remember the name). There have also been some routing problems. I put my couple on a houseboat because they could not permanently stay at the resort. People running in and out of their room, etc. When getting them to leave their boat they wouldn't do it; I would select the place I would want them to go and it would disappear and they start with the Simmish complaining they can't move. Or if they are out and I tell them to go home - the house Icon that shows in the upper left disappears and they keep "going for drinks".

Just wanted to let you know. Still in all love this Island. The huts you made are beautiful!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi lynny :) Thanks for reporting this.
    The problem with the horses doesn't have solution, you¡ll need a mod but I don't know if there's one.
    And about the houseboat, I tried to move my sim there and there was no problems. Then I moved the houseboat to another place and went back to port and this was fine too. Did you use the houseboat that came with the world? In which port did you have it docked?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I used one that I downloaded from the Exchange - that could be my problem... Thanks!
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2013
    This world looks amazing! I definitely want to do a video review on my YouTube channel, I'll post the link once it's up! :D
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    BanSimleyBanSimley Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2013
    I enjoyed the beauty of this world so much that I re-designed it into a long term playable world, and not just a vacation destination. This will work if you use mods to control the Sim/animal population. I changed the base camp into career rabbit holes using rabbithole rugs, and there are two empty lots that can be used for placement of rabbitholes as well. I did have some issues with stuck Sims, but removing some trees helped with this. If you like playing with a small number of Sims in a small world, then you can fully enjoy this world as a liveable world!
  • Options
    mznenepreciousmzneneprecious Posts: 95 Member
    edited December 2013
    I absolutely adore the banner for this world, and the paramaters for the water color. The water looks very refreshing and your blending techniques complement the crystal white beaches. I love how you incorporated the rocks at the edge of the shallow water to create the illusion of a coral reef. The grass looks very lush and healthy and creates tropical vegetation inland. The clouds look very interesting and high up and reflect on the clean paths. I love how open the bathroom is, yet how secluded and intimate it is at the same time. The sunset is my favorite scenery from any world I have seen yet, Very beautiful. I love how decorated the dive spots are, but I find the blue terrain quite peculiar.

I would love to visit this world with my young engaged sims, but I have a few questions. I do not use mods or custom content and seeing how this world has a base camp, how would I go about using this world with World adventures (So that I can only visit with a visa)?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Your comment means a lot to me. Thanks for appreciating all the details, I'm happy you like the world :D

To play in this world you don't need any CC or mods, however if you want to use it as a travel destination you will have to use the Traveler mod by Twallan.