Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey, all! My entry has been delayed slightly - my life got a bit turned upside down this week, as I discovered I have a mini-me on the way (tentative due date in April)! Needless to say, my build got kind of sidelined for a few days. :XD:

Congrats!!! News like that definitely takes precedence over a challenge. :mrgreen:

My entry should hopefully be entry posted within a few hours. Just gotta upload and sort my screenshots.
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited August 2013
    So it seems I won't get to enter :( it's so hot here at the moment, that my computer crashes when I start the game - from too much heat. accessing the internet is apparently still okay, but playing music is out too. Well, I'll see if it starts tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    SimsIslandheart how wonderful! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!

Faith of Kaela: Beautiful home for Kip & Tenn! I really liked the home-made mats you used, I've never thought about that before -- it looks great!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2013
    SimsIslandheart- Congratulations! I am very happy for you. :D:D:lol:
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2013
    Congrats, SimsIslandheart! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Catch the Radical Wave

[IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363/aquacatt/BNS207-208/5209e494-0985-4634-b904-2d2d4d92266e.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

NAME: aquacatt

LINK TO LOT: available via dropbox upon request

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/aquacatt/slideshow/BNS207-208

[IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363/aquacatt/BNS207-208/Screenshot-231.jpg "width=500"[/IMG]

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: party photos included at end of slideshow

Kowabunga household - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7561962

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Custom lot in Sunset Valley, 30x30

$111,005 before the sims moved in.

Two alarms, and two sets of curtains were added after they moved in. Due to depreciation I have no idea the new cost,
    but definitely well under the additional $10K budget.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Crib Kowabunga: a slightly modern take on a traditional beach house filled with texture, pattern and color. Located directly on the beach with a raised foundation to avoid flooding.

This home has two main bedrooms on the upper level that share a full bath and adjacent home gym. There is also a guest suite that has its own full bath. A computer nook is nestled right across from the balcony, completing the upper level.

Dual staircases allow for easy traffic flow to all areas of the home.

The lower level has a main living room with a half bath, a full kitchen with a dining area, a laundry room and another full bathroom conveniently located for quick clean-ups after coming in off the beach. Also, there is a large recreation room with floor to ceiling windows for maximum light and beautiful views.

Outdoors there is plenty of deck area for entertaining and plenty of sandy beach area for playing. The lower deck has a covered hot tub for relaxing after a full day of both.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: only if there's something you'd like to mention

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

Most CC - http://www.thesimsresource.com/

OMSP - http://www.modthesims.info/d/428179

Please ask if you're interested in specific items and I'll try to locate them!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited August 2013
    Congrats SimsIslandheart
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    irshsimmer22irshsimmer22 Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2013
    ENTRY FORM FOR CHALLENGE #207-208 Catch The Radical Wave
    NAME: irshsimmer22
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7559634
    Link TO MEDIA: http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/jeanniecr22/library/Radical Wave Build n Share?sort=3&page=1
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A
    LEVEL:Beginner
    FINAL COST: 110,940
    ADDRESS: 79 PARADISE RD.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

*I had to rush this a lot! School was just way to crazy to put time into this but I still wanted to share it. I am out of school for the next tow weeks so I look forward to the next one and being able to take my time!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2013
    I will officially close this week's challenge in the morning when I post the new challenge! Loving all these entries so far :D If you have one close to completion, just be sure to post it before I post the "CONTEST CLOSED" notice in the morning (it will be no earlier than 9:00 am CDT - I'm still on vacay for a few more days, lol)
  • Options
    shortdude121shortdude121 Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    So it seems I won't get to enter :( it's so hot here at the moment, that my computer crashes when I start the game - from too much heat. accessing the internet is apparently still okay, but playing music is out too. Well, I'll see if it starts tomorrow morning.

If your using a laptop while sitting on the couch or in bed you can get a cushioned pad with a fan in it to cool it down as well as one that is used on desks. If your using a desktop I find it really helpful to get a cheap (like this one for example http://www.amazon.com/Impress-IM-708-8-Inch-3-Speed-Velocity/dp/B007CNHAGA/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1375939750&sr=8-34&keywords=fan) which actually helps cool your computer down by moving the really hot air away from the tower.
  • Options
    SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the congrats, everyone! :D Here's my entry:

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Catch the Radical Wave

NAME: SimsIslandheart

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7559646

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.slideshare.net/HurricaneIslandheart/radically-modern

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: The party's always at the back! Party photos are at the end of the slideshow. Kip and Tenn can be downloaded as a Household here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7559648

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30 477 Sunnyside Blvd, Sunset Valley; 110,112 simoleans (I left it short of the max because of Tenn's martial arts dummy. That was purchased by Tenn in Shang Simla and was in the family inventory when they moved in, but I didn't want it to disqualify the house by pushing the price over. It's still under 111,000 with the dummy in place, but the total isn't showing correctly due to depreciation.)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This three bedroom, three bathroom home is everything a couple of champion wave riders could hope for! Tenn and Kip's favorite colors have been used liberally and equally throughout, with other color schemes included to pull together the feel of their gorgeous Sunset Valley lot and ocean view. All items are useable and tested in-game.

NOTE: This house is not zombie-proof. :XD: Kip and Tenn had plenty of zombie visitors inside their home during the full moon, but thankfully nothing tragic came of it, and they remain their bronzed, athletic selves.

Kip and Tenn were designed and played in a separate neighborhood prior to moving in to give them skills and traits to match the appearance they gave in the office when they requested a beach home.

Kip is Artistic, Athletic, Avant Garde, Brave and Charismatic; while at college he earned two college degrees (Phy Ed and Fine Arts) and he earned the Schmoozer trait from his social groups and the Irresistible trait from his academic experience. Kip completed his Lifetime Wish of Perfect Mind, Perfect Body by mastering the Athletic and Logic skills, and he is also skilled in Charisma (5), Cooking (4), Street Art (7), Handiness (6), Painting (4), Social Networking (1), and Martial Arts (8 ). He is currently employed as a Stylist (6), In Vogue Virtuoso. He has a lot of influence among Rebels (10) and a little among Jocks (1) and Nerds (2).

Tenn is Athletic, Brave, Disciplined, Handy, and Proper; while at college he earned two college degrees (Phy Ed and Business) and he earned the Party Animal trait from his academic experience. (Tenn couldn't stay away from the Juice Keg, even on exam days...it's a small problem he has. :XD: ) He completed his Lifetime Wish of Physical Perfection by mastering the Athletic and Martial Arts skills, and he is also skilled in Charisma (4), Cooking (1), Science (1), Handiness (7) and Social Networking (2). He is currently employed in Professional Sports (7) as a Team Captain. He has a little influence among Nerds (2) and Jocks (1).

Right now, Kip and Tenn are Best Friends. However, they each perceive the other as Attractive, and they were constantly heart-farting and making passes at each other during college - Tenn got particularly bad about it when he was Super Juiced. :XD: It would likely be no problem at all to either play them as a couple or introduce others to the household as romantic options, based on your preference.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC this time! (Please let me know if you spot any; I intentionally stayed away from items that I have marked as CC, so I want to know if anything slipped through unnoticed. This should all be standard, expansion and store items.)
  • Options
    ivannahs2007ivannahs2007 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hello Everyone! I am new to Build-n-Share but I have been an avid builder since the Sims2 back in 2005. Here is my first entry, the Radical Beach house! I hope you like it. I am not sure how to upload a link to the lot but here are plenty of pictures.

Thanks!

NAME: ivannahs207
    BUILD-N-SHARE Challenge #207-208

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=ivannahs2007
    [http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=ivannahs2007]

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot size 30x30, final cost furnished $119,000, unfurnished $68,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: There are four stories. Level one includes kitchen, dining and family room and bathroom #1. Level two has a small living room and one bedroom with a double bed, a bathroom #2 and a second room with two single beds. The third floor includes a master bedroom, bathroom #3 and a study. There are two small patio balconies and a small sitting area. The fourth level has a complete gym with exercise equipment, music, and plenty of seating areas. All rooms have a great view of the beach. The lot has large windows and and wonderful beach view as it is located on the beach! The outdoor seating area is complete with a stereo, dance floor, outdoor grill, hot tub, and outdoor chairs and table. This Radical Beach house has all the textures and colors requested, plenty of entertaining and living space for the entire family to enjoy life on the beach.

• Options
    ivannahs2007ivannahs2007 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hello Everyone! I am new to Build-n-Share but I have been an avid builder since the Sims2 back in 2005. Here is my first entry, the Radical Beach house! I hope you like it. Figured out how to upload lot!

Thanks!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

NAME: ivannahs207
    BUILD-N-SHARE Challenge #207-208

LINK TO MEDIA:http: http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=iva
    nnahs2007

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7559914

LEVEL: Intermediate?

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot size 30x30, final cost furnished $119,000, unfurnished $68,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: There are four stories. Level one includes kitchen, dining and family room and bathroom #1. Level two has a small living room and one bedroom with a double bed, a bathroom #2 and a second room with two single beds. The third floor includes a master bedroom, bathroom #3 and a study. There are two small patio balconies and a small sitting area. The fourth level has a complete gym with exercise equipment, music, and plenty of seating areas. All rooms have a great view of the beach. The lot has large windows and and wonderful beach view as it is located on the beach! The outdoor seating area is complete with a stereo, dance floor, outdoor grill, hot tub, and outdoor chairs and table. This Radical Beach house has all the textures and colors requested, plenty of entertaining and living space for the entire family to enjoy life on the beach.

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi ivannahs2007 and welcome to Build-n-Share! This challenge is based solely on media, so you may want to get some pictures up either here as a story, or uploaded onto a photo sharing site such as photobucket, picassa or flicker. Good luck!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS RESULTS ARE ALL CAUGHT UP

For Spring Designer Showdown #194-195 go here;
    For Jitters #196-197 go here;
    For All According to Plan III #203-204 go here;
    For Candy Crush Cottage #205-206 go here

Well I think that's everyone all caught up :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Apologies for the triple post, but just wanted to let you all know that idontrcall's entry for this challenge has been featured :mrgreen: Congrats idontrcall
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to idontrcall!!!!

And more thanks to Faith for all the hard work posting results (and all the other stuff you've done!)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Catch the Radical Wave Challenge is closed! I will be posting the new challenge shortly :D
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited August 2013

If your using a laptop while sitting on the couch or in bed you can get a cushioned pad with a fan in it to cool it down as well as one that is used on desks. If your using a desktop I find it really helpful to get a cheap (like this one for example http://www.amazon.com/Impress-IM-708-8-Inch-3-Speed-Velocity/dp/B007CNHAGA/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1375939750&sr=8-34&keywords=fan) which actually helps cool your computer down by moving the really hot air away from the tower.

I have a fan that you attach to a usb port. problem with it was that the usb port overheated! But yeah, I just got my game to start again. Maybe it will live to see the next challenge?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2013
    New Challenge is up! :D

Build-N-Share Challenge (209-210)

The Pet Shop Boys

As you look over the file in front of you, Rose returns to your table with a double tall skinny latte for you and a cup of chai tea for herself. Jitters, the new coffee bar in town, is literally buzzing with business.

"It's nice to get out of the office for a change," Rose remarks.

"Definitely," you agree. "Two o'clock is our meeting time, right?"

"Yes," Rose confirms. She glances at her watch. "They should be here just any second now..."

Just then, she catches sight of two men who appear to be in their late 50's coming through the entrance and rushes over to greet them. Showing them to the table, Rose introduces Neil and Chris to you. You all shake hands and exchange kisses on the cheeks. Rose rushes off to the counter to order coffee for the pair as you and the clients sit down at the table.

"Welcome to Sunset Valley," you exclaim. "I hear you're from across the pond."

Neil and Chris nod and laugh. "That we are, luv," Neil agrees in a charming English accent. "We've just finally gotten settled into our new flat, and are ready to launch our latest business venture - a pet shop."

"It sounds interesting," you enthuse. "Do you mind me asking you a bit of a personal question though?" you venture cautiously.

"Not at all," Chris replies. "What did you want to know?"

"Well, you gentlemen look more like you're closer to retirement than to starting a new business. No offense, of course... I'm just curious why a pet store and why at this stage in your lives?"

"Well, missy, you don't beat around the bush do you?" Chris quips, but there is laughter in his eyes, putting you at ease.

"We've been on the road for the better part of 30 years, luv," Neil interjects with a smile. "We've had a great career and enjoyed success and even a little fame. But, that life can wear on a body. We're thrilled to finally have a job with regular hours and a bit of stability to take us into our "Golden Years" as it were."

"We're both animal lovers," Chris adds, "and with a life on the road, I'm sure you can understand why we haven't been able to have pets in our lives for many years. Not to mention, Sunset Valley doesn't have a pet shop, so it seems like the perfect fit for us."

"Well, that makes perfect sense," you assure your clients. "What can I do to help make your dream a reality?"

Rose returns with coffee for Neil and Chris, and the four of you set down to the business of planning a charming pet store that will be just perfect for Sunset Valley.

Challenge Brief:
    Budget - 84,000
    Build a pet store on a 20x20 or smaller lot.
    Include space for storage as well as an office for the two partners in the back of the store.
    Neil and Chris will be hiring a groomer, so styling and bathing area will be required.
    They will also be selling their custom line of pet supplies, so a retail area is required.
    Finally, space for housing and displaying the animals for sale will be needed.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Love it! Do they want the pet shop to be near the West End of town? LOL!!
  • Options
    CurdledSqueedleCurdledSqueedle Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2013
    What've I?... What've I?... What've I done to deserve this?

Just kidding. :D I love this challenge!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Aquacatt wrote:
    Love it! Do they want the pet shop to be near the West End of town? LOL!!

It would be a sin if it wasn't ;)
  • Options
    shortdude121shortdude121 Posts: 27
    edited August 2013

I have a fan that you attach to a usb port. problem with it was that the usb port overheated! But yeah, I just got my game to start again. Maybe it will live to see the next challenge?

If there is a chord and you have an iPhone charger you can plug that USB port into your iPhone charger and plug that into the wall.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ooops, that's what happens you forget you're logged in as Build n Share :oops:
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top