Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 3 is ending October 22nd

Comments

• Options
    MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think I will be sticking with sims 3 for some time to come. It was the first pc game I brought, I built a pc to play it on . I not likely to do that for sims 4. Of course I will be looking at it, but I gonna wait and see how it pans out.
  • Options
    StillUnwrittenStillUnwritten Posts: 145 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This is sad. :( I missed most of The Sims 3 because I went to college in 2010. It seems just like yesterday The Sims 3 came out. I remember being leery about the game, because I didn't like how the Sims looked compared to The Sims 2 sims. Then I started playing, got addicted for a while, then went to college and didn't play until last Christmas when I came home and found out my little sister had become addicted to the game. The only Expansion Pack I had was World Adventures until my sister started spending her birthday and Christmas money on The Sims series (like I used to). My mom was never supportive of me playing Sims, but now she's perfectly okay with my sister playing it (funny how things change in just a few years).

Don't know if I'll get The Sims 4. After all, I never planned on getting The Sims 3. The truth is you're never too old to play The Sims. Once a Simmer, always a Simmer. I've graduated college now, and it's time to start taking on "real life" responsibilities. I know The Sims Series will always be here for me, though, and if I ever have children, I hope to be able to share the game with them. I'm curious to see what The Sims 4 will look like. I just wish the games weren't so expensive. It's hard when you're just out of college and barely getting by to afford computer games. :(
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited July 2013
    If I can afford to, I'll definitely be continuing my Simming conquest with TS4, however, I can't even play my TS3 right now because my computer is falling apart on me. I don't necessarily keep up-to-date with Sims games for the enjoyment alone, but moreso for the experience. I like to be able to see what EA has up its sleeve and review these games accordingly. I wasn't too happy with how TS3 turned out, quite honestly, and if EA continues in this direction I likely won't be happy with TS4, but I can't say for sure what the future of TS4 will hold.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited July 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I am looking forward to playing without having to prepare my saved games for updating, backing up my game, patching, and updating mods. Now I can just play, and I have a lot of sims waiting to be played.

Get out of my head! I was just thinking the exact same thing yesterday. It is going to be so awesome to be done with all of that and just be able to play.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2013
    KATENESS wrote:
    Just because the last EP is being released doesn't mean the Sims 3 is ending - at least not for me :wink:

Exactly.

It's over when I say it's over. :mrgreen:
    :thumbup:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah the game coming to an end has almost been quite a downer for me...don't know how you guys feel?

I don't spend so much in the store anymore, just seems silly to buy things now that the game is at the end of its life span. Sure I will get ITF and the Movie Stuff pack to complete my collection (same as I did for Ts2).

I'm one half excited for Ts4.....the other half is not so excited because its the knowing we going to get a bare bones base game missing everything we have now.

Its like an endless cycle :?

*sigh
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2013
    But then I remembered that I'm the Uk, so I need to wait until the 25th. :evil:
    Actually, we have to wait until November 1st this time. :( :roll:

That's even sadder. :cry:

I only started playing Sims 3 Christmas 2011. It was a spur of the moment purchase on Christmas Eve. I kept my fingers crossed that it would even run on my laptop. I had Sims 2 but had issues with it, and after uninstalling it with plans to reinstall to see if I could get it to work better, I could never get it to install again on my computer. So I missed out on the last 2 EPs. I definitely plan to bet my money's worth from this incarnation, and plan to play it long after the next one is out.

Off topic - @CalebFillion You have the coolest screen name ever. :D
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2013
    Aristacah wrote:
    I'm not jumping into a new game. I'm thoroughly enjoying this one. I'll wait for at least another year or so before even looking at Sims4.

Sims3 is buggy and the launcher is a mess. Why jump from the frying pan into the fire if you don't have to? Fix what you've got first EA before throwing another mess at us.

I'll join the sims 4 site, but I definitely have a lot more I want to do with ts3! I don't even have IP yet!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2013
    If I do purchase TS4 I will absolutely keep playing TS3. I'm still enjoying TS2 :D

Amen! I still play Sims 2 and it's just as much fun.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    pokchicpokchic Posts: 144 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I only started last October so that is disaponnting.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited July 2013
    I rarely play the Sims 1-2 but I well be playing Sims 3 even win Sims 4 comes out on the phone or the PC but if I join the Sim 4 forums I'm changing my username
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is such a sad title for a topic :(
  • Options
    bethp62bethp62 Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2013
    In a sense, I'm kinda glad they're putting an end to TS3...mainly because having all the EP's and SP's now, is starting to put a strain on my computer. Owning 95% of the store doesn't help. I just hope my computer doesn't totally freak out after I install ITF, and I sure hope, like most of you, that they do take the time to fix some issues after all is said and done. Mods can only do so much. I do plan on enjoying this game for quite some time (I hope). Especially after all the $$$$ I've got invested into it. The last patch really messed up some things...especially with the launcher (which I don't use to start my game any more due to the DCCache tmp file issue..and who knows what else). I'm sure it tests a lot of people's patience when it comes to uploading or downloading or even starting for that matter (which mine takes forever!)

I've had to upgrade my computer a few times since buying into TS3 (mainly for the sake of playing this game), and I sure hope I don't have to do any upgrades for the next gen. Although it took me over a year and a half to buy into TS3 after it was released, I do plan on getting TS4 from the beginning...provided I like what I see. I sure hope, seeing that they did mention that they were going back to their roots, that they give the next gen Sims more personality like they had in 1 & 2. I think I would play with Sims more instead of building stuff. The Sims' relationships with each other are quite disconnected in TS3. I have a couple that care more for their horses than their own children...and let's not even talk about getting them all together to go on a family outing.

I am amongst the few who still play TS1 & TS2. It's so funny too, I finally got my hands on a copy of Unleashed. Now my collection is complete! Yes, I am truly insane!
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited July 2013
    I remember the first couple postings when sims3 was released. Everyone was so excited about discovering the mine. It wasn't identified in the towns map but everyone started to realize your sim could get up there.
    that started the Easter Egg hunt for all things simmers discovered in game.
    It was a huge adjustment coming from the graphics of sims2 to the graphics of sims3. They were different and hard to get used to.

The sims2 had come so far and sims3 was just bare bones. No pets, no shopping. Rabbit Holes! How did we survive?
    Sims got into their cars funny. They couldn't sit in the driveway in the car listening to the radio! Sim babies. Shock! No hot tubs. Our sims couldn't trim their shrubs or weed their flowers. Trying to figure out ways to make "dating" romantic was funny....there were many threads on that subject. It was a tuff go. We waited a long time to hear a dog scampering around our sim house, longer to be able to sit in a restaurant and order a meal.
    Did I mention our sims couldn't shop? LOL!
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2013
    Im disapointed :(
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    Darknile77Darknile77 Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, Sims games are going faster than they used to. I'm an avid simmer since Sims1, but I completely stopped playing Sims1 for the Sims 2 since it was a massive upgrade graphically. Sims3 showed up and I didn't stop play sims 2 (and still play). Barely started Sims 3 about a month ago with all exp except Future. So when Sims 4 pops out I'll still be playing Sims 2, and possibly Sims 3 until I get tired of it (which is never with Sims 2 and all expansion/stuff packs.)

I understand EA is a business and they're in it for the money, but there are times when it becomes too much about the money and less about making a great game.
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Aristacah wrote:
    I'm not jumping into a new game. I'm thoroughly enjoying this one. I'll wait for at least another year or so before even looking at Sims4.

Sims3 is buggy and the launcher is a mess. Why jump from the frying pan into the fire if you don't have to? Fix what you've got first EA before throwing another mess at us.

I have never agreed more with anyone!

Someone on this forum said:
    Fool me once: shame on you.
    Fool me twice: shame on me.

So I won't be starting 4, if they are not fixing this one!
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I'll miss the game, but I'm excited for what's to come! :D
  • Options
    amy89008189amy89008189 Posts: 720
    edited July 2013
    I started playing last September (got it for my birthday) and have collected every EP up to and including University, Sweet Treats, Diesel and Master Suite.
    I'm not giving up Sims 3 any time soon, I've recently added Mods too!

Sims 3 is probably the most advanced sims game we've got from EA. Until Sims 4 comes here we won't know.
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2013
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    I'm probably not gonna migrate to the Sims 4 if the graphics are still like the ones I've seen in the beta screen shots on the Sims wiki >_<

To me, the Sims 3 will be always be the best, putting glitches aside XD

I agree with you 100% on the graphics. It seems like a step down and not up. I was expecting awesome graphics almost real like and online play with friends. Like we could visit their world just like you can in SimCity. I really am glad the store is going to stay open. It will give me time to buy everything and not have to feel rushed. I hope they put out a few more worlds before they decide to throw in the towel! To think it will be it forever and ever...... :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Naomi12NaomiNaomi12Naomi Posts: 533 New Member
    edited July 2013
    wickichick wrote:
    I remember the first couple postings when sims3 was released. Everyone was so excited about discovering the mine. It wasn't identified in the towns map but everyone started to realize your sim could get up there.
    It was a huge adjustment coming from the graphics of sims2 to the graphics of sims3. They were different and hard to get used to.

The sims2 had come so far and sims3 was just bare bones. No pets, no shopping. Rabbit Holes! How did we survive?
    Sims got into their cars funny. They couldn't sit in the driveway in the car listening to the radio! Sim babies. Shock! No hot tubs. Our sims couldn't trim their shrubs or weed their flowers. Trying to figure out ways to make "dating" romantic was funny....there were many threads on that subject. It was a tuff go. We waited a long time to hear a dog scampering around our sim house, longer to be able to sit in a restaurant and order a meal.

This
  • Options
    zahcookiemonsterzahcookiemonster Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    wickichick wrote:

This

Totally agree :)
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 356 Member
    edited July 2013
    Eventually, it would come to an end as it did with The Sims and The Sims 2. We'll see how far EA would take us into The Sims world. I started earlier this year. I have to admit that I didn't know if I would like it. After a while, I got the hang of it. I still yet have to buy the rest of the expansion packs and stuff packs. We'll always play The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3 no matter what.
  • Options
    Dawid9089Dawid9089 Posts: 413 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I had a hard time going from THE SIMS 2 to THE SIMS 3 ( now when i look at it i was dumb to not go to the sims 3 quicker ) I enjoy The Sims 3 but i hope 4 will be outstanding :) And i will be able to finally see the inside of the stores hahahaha and jobs and such
  • Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2013
    :lol: on my friends birthday. I'm looking forward to TS4, I will buy it if I have money. But I want to finish my legacy family first. I will still play TS3 though, because it is an awesome game. :D