Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW! Complete Legacy/Challenges list *SIMGURU ATTENTION*

Comments

• Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited May 2013
    shideh357 wrote:
    Nice challenge Tota! I shall certainly see what I can do :)

Thank you, there are a couple of other simmers working on this challenge, but I'm hoping on a little bit more PR from this page :)

Thank you for adding it to the list, however, I saw that the link isn't working, please use this link

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/491670.page#7491666
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Tota wrote:
    shideh357 wrote:
    Nice challenge Tota! I shall certainly see what I can do :)

Thank you, there are a couple of other simmers working on this challenge, but I'm hoping on a little bit more PR from this page :)

Thank you for adding it to the list, however, I saw that the link isn't working, please use this link

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/491670.page#7491666

My apologies!

You should find the situation corrected :)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited May 2013
    I created a brand new variation of the Sims 3 legacy challenge! It's a supernatural-acy....I'm still trying to find out what people think, here's the rules: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/678513.page#10801416 I haven't started one yet; I wanted to see people's opinions.

Could you please check out the Supernatural-acy and tell me what you think? Thanks! :)
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mfb426 wrote:
    I created a brand new variation of the Sims 3 legacy challenge! It's a supernatural-acy....I'm still trying to find out what people think, here's the rules: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/678513.page#10801416 I haven't started one yet; I wanted to see people's opinions.

Could you please check out the Supernatural-acy and tell me what you think? Thanks! :)

Hi,

Your legacy sounds a lot like the Supernatural Legacy by jbfairybird.

Check it out here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/580747.page

Currently they sound very familiar. Perhaps you could edit it slightly to distinguish it from the existing supernatural legacy?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shideh357 wrote:
    mfb426 wrote:

Hi,

Your legacy sounds a lot like the Supernatural Legacy by jbfairybird.

Check it out here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/580747.page

Currently they sound very familiar. Perhaps you could edit it slightly to distinguish it from the existing supernatural legacy?

:oops: Oops! I didn't even realize that something like that existed...I'm going to edit m,y challenge, right know a difference is this:
    mfb426 wrote:
    3. The goal is to have each generation be a different creature. Ex. The "Founder" falls in love with a vampire, they then have vampire children. The vampy kids grow up, one of them marries a fairy, etc. until you've worked through all the life states. (Human, vampire, genie, vampire, fairy, ghost, werewolf, witch) The catch is the heir must be the life state that the parent who's heir isn't and all the children must be either one of two life stages. (If the heir is a werewolf, who marries a witch, the children may only be witch/werewolf. The Sim can cheat on their spouse with another Sim-the Sim just has to be a werewolf/witch. Also, the heir may only be a witch since that's what the heir isn't.) You can only have each life stage be heir once.
    also, I don't include plant Sims and include mermaids (or will when I get & play IP)
    I'm working on editing it...
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Apologies for the delay in reply - I had exams.

Weird to see that the Sims 3 facebook page still links to the old thread despite seasons and university life never being added to it.

So for that reason I'm bumping this!

@mfb426, having read over your supernatural-acy again, it is clearly a well thought-out legacy and does have quite a few differences from jbfairybird.

So welcome to the list! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shideh357 wrote:
    Apologies for the delay in reply - I had exams.

Weird to see that the Sims 3 facebook page still links to the old thread despite seasons and university life never being added to it.

So for that reason I'm bumping this!

@mfb426, having read over your supernatural-acy again, it is clearly a well thought-out legacy and does have quite a few differences from jbfairybird.

So welcome to the list! :D

Thank you so much for adding me :D
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Your welcome :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited June 2013
    I glad there is a challenge list like this. I'm happy to see that my own challenge got added wasn't expecting that. Now which challenge to try...hmmm...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    I glad there is a challenge list like this. I'm happy to see that my own challenge got added wasn't expecting that. Now which challenge to try...hmmm...

It certainly is a tough choice!

I'm currently doing my favourite type of legacy.. a randomacy :D

Generation 3 so far!
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:
    Can I add my challenge to the list?

Going Solo
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/685716.page

Hi Vuneca!

It's nice to see another fan of the Adam & Eve Challenge!

Going solo sounds like a very interesting challenge.

I shall certainly add it.

One little bit of advice: if you want to generate more traffic to your page, make sure it is clear in the title that you are describing a challenge for everyone. If I was reading your title alone I would get the impression it was another story.

Just a friendly bit of advice, you don't have to take it because your added anyway :D
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the advice. I did have it stated as a challenged but changed it only yesterday because I needed input.

Thanks again :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I did have it stated as a challenged but changed it only yesterday because I needed input.

Thanks again :-)

No worries! :D

Any other challenges out there today?
  • Options
    dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2013
    shideh357 wrote:

I just posted on the old "Complete Legacy/Challenge List" forum telling everyone to check out your forum, and make sure that they share their legacy/challenge ideas with you. I hope more people continue to send you their ideas, because I love that you take the time to update the list. Thank you for creating this forum. I check it out daily/weekly lol!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dlaribee88 wrote:
    shideh357 wrote:

I just posted on the old "Complete Legacy/Challenge List" forum telling everyone to check out your forum, and make sure that they share their legacy/challenge ideas with you. I hope more people continue to send you their ideas, because I love that you take the time to update the list. Thank you for creating this forum. I check it out daily/weekly lol!

Thank you so much!

I really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    JMJphotostudioJMJphotostudio Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2013
    shideh357 wrote:
    Pending permissions:

JMJphotostudio for Adam and Eve challenge.

ChaoticAsh for University challenge.

I prefer to get the author's permission so that they are both aware and agreed that their challenge is on here. Before a challenge is added to the list, I will contact the author for permission to link it here either on the challenge thread or on their profile. If I don't hear back, I will assume it's fine and add the challenge to the list, assuming there's no problems. If, however, you notice your legacy/challenge here and wish for it to be removed, please do let me know and I'll remove it no problem.

You have my blessing
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi, I posted this on the sticky, but saw another post with this link to an updated list, and I would also like to post it here...

I have made a variation on the Adoptacy Challenge. I really liked the idea of it, but felt that it was too easy, and I wanted to add some structure, and challenge to it. Here is my version.

I use mods in my game, master controller and whohooer. If you have them it is ok, but you may not use any of the actions for them. Whohooer will give you moodlets every time you wohoo, there is no getting around that, but no cheating.. The only cheats you are allowed are the family funds cheat in the beginning, and reset sim if your sim gets stuck. I hope you have fun playing this Challenge. I am currently in the process of testing it out, so I will be posting agian to tell you all how I like it.

Adoptacy Challenge:

First make your Founder. It can be a male or female with whatever traits, favorites, and life time wish that you choose. But it must be a young adult.

After you have made your Founder, go to options and set your lifespan to long. Then move you Founder to an empty plot of land and use the Family funds cheat to give them $100,000 to build, or buy whatever house you can afford with that money. Remember that you will adopt a lot of kids, so choose carefully.

After you sim has his/her house do the family funds cheat again and set your family funds to $1,000. This is your start up money.

You now have 24 sim hours to go and collect stuff, buy stuff, and take whatever classes you want. When your 24 hours is up you must adopt 2 babies. They can be whatever sex you choose. You CAN'T change their traits, or looks in any way. (unless they are glitched, then you may cheat to fix them)

After your babies age up to children you must adopt another two babies. and so on, until you don't have enough room for more kids. If your first kids that you adopt become young adults and you still have room to keep adopting babies, you may quit adopting. One of your last babies that you adopt is going to be your heir. You may choose which one, but it must be one of your last children you adopted.

Once you become a parent you CAN'T leave the house, except to go grocery shopping, or book shopping, or to take your babies to the park. You may not have a job unless it is one that you can do from home. (Writer, painter, ect.)

You can't get married or have kids in the first generation. You must wait until the next generation to do those things. And every heir must be an adopted child. It can't be a biological child. You must get through 10 generations doing this.

Variation to make it harder... Instead of giving your sim $100,000 for their house, give them $25,000 for a house.

I have never been one for the points system, but you could always make some up if you wanted to.
  • Options
    4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited July 2013
    cool thread i bookmarked it
  • Options
    MewmewMentorMewmewMentor Posts: 811 New Member
    edited July 2013
    To be honest, having a thread that one person has to maintain and keep bumped is a rather unwieldy way of ensuring these challenges are heard about. I admire the effort, though! (aka, here's a free bump)

Ideally, there would be something like a wiki where everyone can contribute without having to leave the list entirely dependent on one person.

But you seem to be keeping up with it so far! c:
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi, Giving you a free bump, also I am posting a link to my Lets Play series "All My Children" It is my adoptacy challenge. So far, I really like it.. it is pretty challenging, but very fun. I can't wait to play more of it and see how things go. Here is the link to my lets play for any of you who are interested in the challenge, and would like to see it in action.

Let's Play, All My Children
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to let you know that I made some changes to my supernatural challenge
    Supercy I also changed it's name so it wouldn't be to long to say or type out...I've added in new generations so others who don't have SN could still play it.

I'll also be posting a story that follows the challenge right on the thread for anyone interested in seeing it in action.