Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The reasoning for spawners?

MIss_SophieMIss_Sophie Posts: 107 New Member
Ok so I've worked in CAW for a while but I guess I still don't understand the uses for a lot of the spawners. The fish spawners are pretty self explanatory but what about all the gem, junk, metal spawners???

Also, the seed spawners, wouldn't they need to be on a lot to utilize them?

Sorry but I need some clarification. :?

Comments

• Options
    MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2013
    No, sims can pick up seeds and the other stuff anywhere, just make sure that it is not on unroutable terrain, then the spawners will work fine
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info MizzRoseBud, it will help me plan things out better.
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited July 2013
    If you run around the hills and beaches in Sunset Valley you will find seeds, rocks, metals, and gems scattered all around. The same for any world really, SV is just the one that came to mind. But what was it about the spawners that has you confused? Are you not sure what to do with them? Or are the names throwing you?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    If you run around the hills and beaches in Sunset Valley you will find seeds, rocks, metals, and gems scattered all around. The same for any world really, SV is just the one that came to mind. But what was it about the spawners that has you confused? Are you not sure what to do with them? Or are the names throwing you?

I guess I'm not really sure where to put them. For what do Sims use the Metal and Gem Spawners?
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2013
    Like what was stated above; Sims can roam the countryside and collect gems and metals. (As well as butterflys, seeds, bugs, etc.)

Adding spawners to a world opens up many more possibilities for your sims. Collecting gems allows your sim to create the Crystal Skull collection, which is quite valuable.

Spawning itself means the game will generate an item at that location. Usually every couple game-days. When you place the spawn point, a white circle shows the limits where the game will generate the item.

Generally, gem/metal spawners should be placed in un-ordinary places. It should be somewhat difficult for your sim to find. Place a bush or 2 near the spawn point for camouflage.

Also, beware of placing too many 'animated' spawners in the world. Like fish or butterflys. They can lag down a game. Many of these type can be placed on lots to reduce the lag.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Docsprock wrote:
    Like what was stated above; Sims can roam the countryside and collect gems and metals. (As well as butterflys, seeds, bugs, etc.)

Adding spawners to a world opens up many more possibilities for your sims. Collecting gems allows your sim to create the Crystal Skull collection, which is quite valuable.

Spawning itself means the game will generate an item at that location. Usually every couple game-days. When you place the spawn point, a white circle shows the limits where the game will generate the item.

Generally, gem/metal spawners should be placed in un-ordinary places. It should be somewhat difficult for your sim to find. Place a bush or 2 near the spawn point for camouflage.

Also, beware of placing too many 'animated' spawners in the world. Like fish or butterflys. They can lag down a game. Many of these type can be placed on lots to reduce the lag.

Thanks for the information, I can honestly say I never knew all that! Now that I have a better understanding they will be easier to place in my world.

• Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Seems everyone has been skipping over the junk spawner. The Junk spawner is used in the junkyard to spawn random items that your sims can blow up for scrap or salvage. Take a look at your junkyard next time you are playing your game. You will most likely see 1 or more items that look like they were in a fire. Those are spawned by the junkyard spawners.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    The spawned items have many uses - they are mostly needed in relation to succeeding in a sims lifetime wish and careers as well as to do proposals offered. Like sims needs to collect certain items for the collector related lifetime wants. they need the death fish spawner for the ambroisia to raise the dead and the seed for the life plant for that also. Some quest require sims collect certain things from gems to metals to certain fish or fruits to get valueable info in tomb quests or hints or rewards or keys. In order to earn recipes and increase in the cooking/chef career sims need to find certain seeds and grow requested plants - some of which can only be gotten from certain seeds. In order to get abducted seems need to have I believe it is 7 space rocks in their yard that have been anaylyze. the elixir require certain gems ground into dusk and some of the highest rewards are received by finding certain gems cut into a particular cut. It takes a lot of finding a lot of the different requested stuff to raise ones level to be able to get the higher cuts and the better spawned things to get certain rewards, job promotions, abilities, etc etc. Then Uni gave us a whole new groip of things to spawn and complete tasks and such with - like to get plant people or to make certain herbs or teas.

You must not have been playing this game very long to not know the importance of everything collectible - as the collectibles end up important in just about every career and lifetime want and other things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The spawned items have many uses - they are mostly needed in relation to succeeding in a sims lifetime wish and careers as well as to do proposals offered. Like sims needs to collect certain items for the collector related lifetime wants. they need the death fish spawner for the ambroisia to raise the dead and the seed for the life plant for that also. Some quest require sims collect certain things from gems to metals to certain fish or fruits to get valueable info in tomb quests or hints or rewards or keys. In order to earn recipes and increase in the cooking/chef career sims need to find certain seeds and grow requested plants - some of which can only be gotten from certain seeds. In order to get abducted seems need to have I believe it is 7 space rocks in their yard that have been anaylyze. the elixir require certain gems ground into dusk and some of the highest rewards are received by finding certain gems cut into a particular cut. It takes a lot of finding a lot of the different requested stuff to raise ones level to be able to get the higher cuts and the better spawned things to get certain rewards, job promotions, abilities, etc etc. Then Uni gave us a whole new groip of things to spawn and complete tasks and such with - like to get plant people or to make certain herbs or teas.

You must not have been playing this game very long to not know the importance of everything collectible - as the collectibles end up important in just about every career and lifetime want and other things.

To be honest, I've been playing The Sims since it came out, but when The Sims 3 first came out I got all excited about it but then the differences in The Sims 2 and 3 made me regress to the former and when I did get into the Sims 3 it's been really just building and playing around in CAW. The other night I actually started playing the game and just wanted to have more knowledge about the different aspects. I do admit that I am behind the eight ball on a lot of this stuff. Now that my son is starting to crawl I really don't have a lot of free time :-)