Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the Love of Plumbob make Sims 4 FUN without Mods!

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2013
    It's winter in Island Paradise and it snows all the time. The snow is beautiful. But I mean 24 sim hours 7 days a sim week :roll: Whatever happened to Balance?
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2013
    THAT is why some of us have turned off the weather!

I do use mods and can say with almost 100% certainty that I wouldn't even play this game without them. :-)

That said, I agree with you! We shouldn't HAVE to use mods just to make the game enjoyable and functioning well.

Twallan has a weather tuning mod and as soon as I learn how to use it I will probably turn weather back on - unless I'm building a house to share. It's really annoying to have to have my sim rake leaves for days on end just to be able to upload a lot without the grounds being a total mess. :roll: :lol:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm, I remember sims 2 seasons, there was a balance, it snowed and rained and was autumn but not one type of precipitation the whole time every hour!

Hello? It really makes you wonder. :lol:

That is a shame that people are either Turning off their weather OR having to have mods!

Where in the world would it rain Or snow 24/7 ? Siberia maybe? The south pole? The amazon rainforest? Surely not - Island Paradise, especially the snow!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Feeling irritated again, this game can be SO Dumb! I asked the mermaid Doug to be Rube's roomate. But that was a mistake. I want to have Doug move in as a Playable sim, but just friends not a romance if that's possible.

Anyhow so he was his roomate and then he dismissed him as roomate. SO now Doug still shows as "good friend" BUT Rube has no option to call Doug :x AND I discovered Rube has 2 other "roomates" he has no clue of!

One just showed up at the house and Rube dismissed him. The other is a "stranger" in his relationship bar. He doesn't know him AND can't call him so how can he "dismiss" him?

Arg! Stupid game! I deleted all my caches and will see if that does any good. I would Really like Rube to be able to call his good friend Doug especially! I should have never invited him to be a roomate, I'll know next time.Hope I can fix it though.

Edit: The only way I knew roomate #3 existed was I got message telling me Rube collected $900 for having a roomate, way to go!
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yikes, i wish i could take the mods out without the game falling apart, cuz the Tawallan mods fix a lot of bugs on my game wich one without it would just been unplayable.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited July 2013
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Hmmm, I remember sims 2 seasons, there was a balance, it snowed and rained and was autumn but not one type of precipitation the whole time every hour!

Hello? It really makes you wonder. :lol:

That is a shame that people are either Turning off their weather OR having to have mods!

Where in the world would it rain Or snow 24/7 ? Siberia maybe? The south pole? The amazon rainforest? Surely not - Island Paradise, especially the snow!

Why would you leave snow on in a place like Isla Paradiso? You don't tweak the weather in the options to match the town you're playing?
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's winter so I think it would be cool to have Occasional snow, even in Island Paradise. Why would the devs make 24/7 snow in any and every neighborhood. Seems like that would be a more appropriate question.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So after deleting the caches and restarting the game, I no longer show as having any roomates in the relationship bar. Although it Did show him with his last roomate who he didn't even know in the main menu picture :P. Hope that goes away with another cache clearing.

I did discover he can "summon mermaids" or something like that on the smart phone. Not sure why he DID have the option to call the mermaid Doug before , on the phone, but now the call option isn't there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zorba2357 wrote:
    It's winter so I think it would be cool to have Occasional snow, even in Island Paradise. Why would the devs make 24/7 snow in any and every neighborhood. Seems like that would be a more appropriate question.

I've never had a problem with it snowing excessively so IDK about that, but they only test the EP with the base game. That's probably why they don't tweak it for every town. They left that up to the player.

I don't know why using mods is so looked down upon here. It's a practice as old as PC games; it lets you make the game the way you want it and can extend the life of a game. There is nothing wrong with it.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't know why using mods is so looked down upon here.

Its not that looked Down. We just wanted we would not be needing then to play the game right without having a ton of mad bugs and other stuff at all.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    OMG! I thought all the roomates were gone. Rube went to a party at the big but glitched Ichtaca castle where his brother lives. When he came home the stranger / roomate was In His Bed Asleep!

I will Never have my sim invite another sim to be a roomate again! I honestly don't know why I had to have 3 roomates when I invited ONE good friend to be a roomate.

And right, I don't look down upon mods, or anyone who uses mods. But I should have the option Not to use them, or not to feel like I have to use them (this game really makes that a challenge).
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited July 2013
    I play with very few mods... one for making the baby bottles white instead of green, and one that stops the weatherstone from spawning.

WHERE!? I haven't found a weather stone mod! *DROOLING* :lol:
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It Spawns? :lol: I thought it just automatically appears in every new neighborhood. And what exactly does a weatherstone DO, if anything?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    I don't know why using mods is so looked down upon here.

Its not that looked Down. We just wanted we would not be needing then to play the game right without having a ton of mad bugs and other stuff at all.
    zorba2357 wrote:
    And right, I don't look down upon mods, or anyone who uses mods. But I should have the option Not to use them, or not to feel like I have to use them (this game really makes that a challenge).

Except you don't need mods to play the game. The game is playable without them, I did it for a long time. Once I discovered them however, I saw no need to play the vanilla game anymore. I use mods to make the game how I want it, to take away certain autonomous interactions/features I don't like and add in/tweak interactions/features I do like/want. The only mod I use to help performance is Overwatch. I could take it out to see how different it is but I don't want to abandon my current family.

To me, the sims is a game that is meant to be modded. It's suppose to be your world and mods help you make it even more yours. I did the same with TS2, and once I did I had a lot more fun with it.

On a side note that is not directed at you zorba, I often get the feeling that people here haven't played truly broken games. They're always calling TS3 the most broken game ever and that just isn't true. Go play games like Alpha Protocol and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines then come back and tell me this game is the most broken thing you've ever played.
    Not that I don't like those games, they're just really rough around the edges, unpolished gems. Worth your time if you have the patience to deal with the bugs, in other words.

Oh, and this is directed at you zorba ;), the Weatherstone is for your Supernaturals. Depending on which one your sim is, it does different things. I can't remember offhand what exactly the details are though. I think for the vampires it hypnotizes the town so they can drink from anyone, but the rest I don't remember at all.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, Overwathc also fix a lot of stuff.

*Mastercontroller fix the bug of werewolf face reseting as it reset sim is more useful than game one.
    *Traveler fixed the bug of the family disapearing during travel
    *register make sure thay will be vendors on Seasons Festival stands
    *StoryProgresion also helps somwhat the game

If those bugs were not there, i woundt be using the major part of those mods.

The game just gets too much anoying without then.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    Yes, Overwathc also fix a lot of stuff.

*Mastercontroller fix the bug of werewolf face reseting as it reset sim is more useful than game one.
    *Traveler fixed the bug of the family disapearing during travel
    *register make sure thay will be vendors on Seasons Festival stands
    *StoryProgresion also helps somwhat the game

If those bugs were not there, i woundt be using the major part of those mods.

The game just gets too much anoying without then.

That's you. I've never used Traveler or Register. I love MasterController for the control it gives me but I haven't be able to use it or SP since IP came out (they conflict too much with the new content and twallan has been busy with IRL stuff so they haven't been updated yet) and the game has been perfectly playable for me.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    All those are up to date.This is not the point. But watever, i just want Sims4 to be better than Sims3 in mostly aspects as it can.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Allspice :wink:, hmmm, I remember I briefly played a witch I created and she headed to the weatherstone and , I remember sparklies or something but I can't remember it actually DID anything. I'll try again next time I'm playing a supernatural though.

Back to Needing the Mods. Yeah, I have only overwatch. But it seems to me (and I've been around since sims 1) that more people Say they NEED Mods for sims 3 and it's almost unplayable without.

I am however playing with only overwatch and it isn't TOO bad. There are certainly things I'd change, and glitches, but , it's moving along, sort-of.

Perhaps EA story progression (or lack there-of) is the biggest reason for Mods?

I never used Mods in sims 1, or sims 2 either, custom content yes, but mods no. Though I had 1 modded object for sims 2 that allowed visitors to temporarily become part of the household so they could serve dinner, and get a makeover.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    All those are up to date.This is not the point. But watever, i just want Sims4 to be better than Sims3 in mostly aspects as it can.

MC isn't up to date, actually. If it was up to date, I'd be using it but twallan is still working on it. SP seems to be though, so I grabbed it. Hopefully it works now.
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Thanks Allspice :wink:, hmmm, I remember I briefly played a witch I created and she headed to the weatherstone and , I remember sparklies or something but I can't remember it actually DID anything. I'll try again next time I'm playing a supernatural though.

Back to Needing the Mods. Yeah, I have only overwatch. But it seems to me (and I've been around since sims 1) that more people Say they NEED Mods for sims 3 and it's almost unplayable without.

I am however playing with only overwatch and it isn't TOO bad. There are certainly things I'd change, and glitches, but , it's moving along, sort-of.

Perhaps EA story progression (or lack there-of) is the biggest reason for Mods?

I've never actually used it, I just remember the Gurus showing it off back when Seasons came out. You can check out the Sims Wiki, I'm sure there is more info on it there.

Maybe it seems that way because we tend to remember the good more than the bad? IDK. People want to remember the fun they had playing a game, not the trouble they may have had getting it to run at the time. Like the SecuRom thing, for example.

I don't think it's the main reason, mods for this series have existed since TS1 and I had to mod the heck out of TS2 to make it fun for me. I think there are a) things that get in the way of someone's preferred play style so they mod it out and b) things they want that EA can't give them for whatever reason so they mod it in. I do think they need to revamp SP for TS4 though, it's too weak as it is.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Again. Even the major defenders of Thesims3 on the foruns agree that something is very wrong on Thesims3,as some others also miss something from Thesims2.

Again,Watever ea just do Thesims4 a great awesome game as you did before with other games.got it? it is just it i want.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    Again. Even the major defenders of Thesims3 on the foruns agree that something is very wrong on Thesims3,as some others also miss something from Thesims2.

Again,Watever EA. JUST DO THESIMS4 FREAKING AWESOME, YOU DID AWESOME GAMES BEFORE,DO IT AGAIN.got it? it is just it i want.

Huh? Every game has something wrong with it, only blind fanboys/fangirls disagree with that. I've never said TS3 is a perfect game, all I've ever said is I like it more than TS2. That's all I've ever said.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:

Again,Watever EA. JUST DO THESIMS4 FREAKING AWESOME, YOU DID AWESOME GAMES BEFORE,DO IT AGAIN.got it? it is just it i want.

Huh? Every game has something wrong with it, only blind fanboys/fangirls disagree with that. I've never said TS3 is a perfect game, all I've ever said is I like it more than TS2. That's all I've ever said.

The great problem is when a game is the sequence of the other, everyone spect it to have many great points of the previous one, it happened from Sims1 to Sims2, many points survived, but it is just not pretty on sims3.Ok, maybe i was little too much fanboy with the caps, but it is still true. There are many players on Foruns that got disapointed with sims3, of course nobody wants you or the other ones to stop playing sims3 or something like that.Also i dont need to be giving you awensers neither you should take it to the personal side. We all want to play with life, but wat i see on the city of Sims3 is that it lack life and is full with bugs, yes there is not perfect game, but some can make a good game were its just too fun to someone ever see wats going wrong.as they did many times before :wink: . END.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

The great problem is when a game is the sequence of the other, everyone spect it to have many great points of the previous one, it happened from Sims1 to Sims2, many points survived, but it is just not pretty on sims3.Ok, maybe i was little too much fanboy with the caps, but it is still true. There are many players on Foruns that got disapointed with sims3, of course nobody wants you or the other ones to stop playing sims3 or something like that.Also i dont need to be giving you awensers neither you should take it to the personal side. We all want to play with life, but wat i see on the city of Sims3 is that it lack life and is full with bugs, yes there is not perfect game, but some can make a good game were its just too fun to someone ever see wats going wrong.as they did many times before :wink: . END.

Good thing I don't let other people tell me what I like, huh? Other people can be disappointed all they want, I still like TS3 better than TS2. TS2 is just not fun without mods to me. No one has to agree with me, if you don't that's fine.

And yes, with good games you can get over the problems and have fun with it. I mentioned a few earlier. I'd add TS3 in there, but I don't run into too many big problems that weren't caused by me so I'd just classify it as a good game.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    edited July 2013
    I find it pathetic that we even need mods in the first place to make the game playable. (I'm talking about useful mods made by Nraas and other folk) Hopefully TS4 won't have the same issues TS3 does. :?
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Options
    Leah_RoseLeah_Rose Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! Another way i make my game fun is by getting all my skill levels up, then going through all the career and fulfilling my little sims dreams. Also, if you are looking for cool mods, i suggest downloading the height slider mod. This is cool because if you download the right one (and all the files) not only can you change your sims height, but the sims around town all vary in height. I just think this makes sims look cooler and better.