Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves in Sims 4 and Occults.

So there have been a few threads on how Vampires should be done in Sims 4, but what about how werewolves should be done?

Appearance
-I liked how in Sims 2 werewolf sims were unnoticeable until they changed a lot more than how they had glowing eyes in Sims 3 just like vampires. In Sims 4, while in human form I think werewolves should have minor differences, like instead of glowing eyes they should just have yellow eyes that don't glow and they could have sharp teeth.

-In werewolf form I would like to see sims look like werewolves, I know I am not alone, but I would like to see werewolves look like the ones from Van Helsing, hell I would even take them looking like Lupin in Harry Potter. I get the feeling they won't do this because they have to make werewolves be able to do normal sim interactions which they can't do if they are a wolf beast thing.

-So, since I doubt they will give us those types of werewolves, maybe they could give us three forms. Our human form, then what we have now when we transform, and then maybe give us an actual wolf form. The wolf form could look similar to how the Leader of the Pack looked, or maybe something like this:

Werewolves-pottermore.png
I think if sims transform into wolf form and no one sees them, then other sims should just think they are a dog or wolf and treat them as such.

Werewolves in towns
-I would not mind if the Leader of the Pack returned in towns, but what I really want is one werewolf that is like the head werewolf that can turn other sims. This would be the only werewolf that can turn NPCs other than the player, but I think it should be limited so that this werewolf can ONLY turn one NPC on the full moon that way the town can't be overrun with werewolves.(This is similar to Grand Vampires from Sims 2, only it keeps it much more limited so the whole town isn't werewolves)

-NPC werewolves: I liked how we would be forced to change if our mood got too bad, but this was annoying with NPC werewolves because they would change and then constantly walk around as a werewolf since they do not change back. This is kind of why I liked how in Sims 2 they changed at night and then changed back in the morning. So if there was some way they could make it so that NPC werewolf sims would only change on full moons and then change back in the morning, it would alleviate this problem.

Occult Control
-Werewolves would be limited with how many are turned with the feature mentioned above, but I also think there should be an option in the settings that lets you set the percentage of how many sims in the town can be a werewolf, vampire, or any other occult. For example, you could set werewolves to 10% and vampires to 15%, or something like that. This way the whole population cannot become an occult, and once it reaches that percentage no other NPC can be turned, unless the player turns them.

So thoughts? I may have forgotten something, but anyways, I would like to hear your thoughts on how they should be done.

Comments

• Options
    rachel270692rachel270692 Posts: 526 Member
    edited July 2013
    I really love the idea, but i wish they would just add all were and not just were wolves this time around. I would love to run into a tiger or something, but i can see what you mean i never played as a were-wolf just because of how they looked in the ccs place, i thougt they looked a bit odd. But that is just me.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited July 2013
    Now these are werewolves...

hkPYBUU.jpg

PpFKBOB.jpg

pujzQAB.jpg

0Z9KcJf.gif

I know you mentioned them already. What makes werewolves "normal" anyway? They shouldn't be able to do "normal" things in the first place while in werewolf form. That's just not... werewolf :P
    dmel25 wrote:
    I get the feeling they won't do this because they have to make werewolves be able to do normal sim interactions which they can't do if they are a wolf beast thing.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited July 2013
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    Now these are werewolves...

hkPYBUU.jpg

PpFKBOB.jpg

pujzQAB.jpg

0Z9KcJf.gif

I know you mentioned them already. What makes werewolves "normal" anyway? They shouldn't be able to do "normal" things in the first place while in werewolf form. That's just not... werewolf :P
    dmel25 wrote:
    I get the feeling they won't do this because they have to make werewolves be able to do normal sim interactions which they can't do if they are a wolf beast thing.
    I agree with you, but EA likes to make it so that lifestates can still do normal sim interactions, that is why they made the werewolves more human looking. This is why I think they should give us three forms since they won't give us the werewolves that look like those you just showed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Maybe some sort of partial werewolf state that allows them to have half animal and half sim behavior?

Then, a full werewolf state that look like the examples above? :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    Maybe some sort of partial werewolf state that allows them to have half animal and half sim behavior?

Then, a full werewolf state that look like the examples above? :)

I wouldn't mind this, but I think EA would just go with adding an actual wolf form at that point, since with Sims 3 Pets we can actually play as dogs, so they would probably make it the same as that with some new interactions specific to being a werewolf.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That still isn't actual wolf form if you're still behaving like a human though xD I'll sit and wait to see how it all turns out in the end. :P
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    That still isn't actual wolf form if you're still behaving like a human though xD I'll sit and wait to see how it all turns out in the end. :P

No, I was saying if they had what we have now, but then added another form that looks like what you posted, I think they will just add a wolf form instead since it would play like how dogs do in Sims 3 Pets, and because it seems pointless to have two bipedal forms.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would prefer that were-wolves could keep their human eye colour but still be able to have the glowing eyes.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dmel25 wrote:
    RazorXv2 wrote:

No, I was saying if they had what we have now, but then added another form that looks like what you posted, I think they will just add a wolf form instead since it would play like how dogs do in Sims 3 Pets, and because it seems pointless to have two bipedal forms.

Man, I hope they don't have a cross-transition of those twilight wolves in The Sims.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    Excuse me while I have nightmares for the rest of my life. :shock:

:lol:
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2013
    I know it's sims but I hate how friendly both the vamps and werewolves are (which is why I don't play them). I think it would be cool if they turned into such like the pictures above and would be more playable like a ravenous animal rather than sitting down and watching tv, or having a chat with another sim. It's like they're not even a werewolf, they're just a sim that got an underbite.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2013
    PERMANENT WEREWOLF PACKS. You should be able to, after a certain point, invite other werewolves to be part of your pack and they should remain part of your pack unless you kick them out. There's a huge petition for just this very thing over on the Supernatural forums which has, of course, been completely ignored by EA. Let's hope they get it right this time around.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the hunting for "stuff" that werewolves do in TS3. But to stay true to the Sims goofy factor with minimal violence I realize they aren't going to let werewolves hunt deer or even other Sims. So then what becomes the purpose of the pack? What advantages would you like it to convey on your werewolf Sims?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, some of the things I forgot. We need permanent packs. It made no sense that they were not permanent.

Also, werewolves should not have to ask permission to turn another sim... I mean you are a werewolf, and in Sims 2 you could attack anyone at anytime. This goes for vampires as well, why do vampires have to ask for permission when they are physically superior to humans?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I concur with the horribleness on how the werewolf packs were built in The Sims 3. It was very stupid of EA to even implement them in the first place if you can't even have the pack permanently...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Another thing, werewolves and occults need to be more secret. This is why I liked the Leader of the Pack because he was somewhat rare. I think the town should start out with a few werewolves that are somewhat hard to figure out that they are werewolves.

Same with vampires, they should not be in every club.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else feel the same way? I am interested to hear other people's ideas.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes. For me Thesims2 Werewolfs are cool, not too much human and not too much wolf, wat actually open space to sexy woven girls** but anyway. i just do not want a werewolf that is just an ugly furry guy with teeths like in sims3, that why i donwloaded a custom fur skin to my werewolf.

So basically wat you want for sims4 looks like what this modder girl made for sims2?

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/9/3/5/9/6/MTS_NovaL-607779-werewolf.jpg

I like supernaturals on street but in sims3 there are only 2 options of this kind of game. Everyone is a ocult, or they dont exist at all. I would like to have a strangetown on sims3 but even on strangetown there are not so much ocults like that.

More ocults plz.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    Yes. For me Thesims2 Werewolfs are cool, not too much human and not too much wolf, wat actually open space to sexy woven girls** but anyway. i just do not want a werewolf that is just an ugly furry guy with teeths like in sims3, that why i donwloaded a custom fur skin to my werewolf.

So basically wat you want for sims4 looks like what this modder girl made for sims2?

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/9/3/5/9/6/MTS_NovaL-607779-werewolf.jpg

I like supernaturals on street but in sims3 there are only 2 options of this kind of game. Everyone is a ocult, or they dont exist at all. I would like to have a strangetown on sims3 but even on strangetown there are not so much ocults like that.

More ocults plz.
    Yes that is kind of what I would like. Hopefully EA does something like this.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2013
    I know it's sims but I hate how friendly both the vamps and werewolves are (which is why I don't play them). I think it would be cool if they turned into such like the pictures above and would be more playable like a ravenous animal rather than sitting down and watching tv, or having a chat with another sim. It's like they're not even a werewolf, they're just a sim that got an underbite.
    AmaraRena wrote:
    PERMANENT WEREWOLF PACKS. You should be able to, after a certain point, invite other werewolves to be part of your pack and they should remain part of your pack unless you kick them out. There's a huge petition for just this very thing over on the Supernatural forums which has, of course, been completely ignored by EA. Let's hope they get it right this time around.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the hunting for "stuff" that werewolves do in TS3. But to stay true to the Sims goofy factor with minimal violence I realize they aren't going to let werewolves hunt deer or even other Sims. So then what becomes the purpose of the pack? What advantages would you like it to convey on your werewolf Sims?

These :thumbup:

I do think that werewolves, and vampires too, are too friendly. Why do they have to ask permission to bite someone? A vampire should be able to drink from anyone without permission shouldn't it? And it would be great if werewolves could have permanent packs!

Hopefully if they do permanent packs for Sims 4 there isn't a limit on how many people per pack. Does anybody else try to group up with six or more werewolves and one or two get left out sometimes? Even when they're not werewolves and they're just going to lunch together, it's difficult to get them all to stay in a group in my game. I would think, 'Well these two or three can't fit in the vehicle, we'll take two vehicles,' but apparently not. I was able to get twelve together once one time, but any other time I tried for twelve some of them always got left out of the group/pack.

And hopefully if there are werewolves in Sims 4, every time they turn their appearance won't change. We can't even edit the werewolf form in CAS after the game changes it. :(
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    I do think that werewolves, and vampires too, are too friendly. Why do they have to ask permission to bite someone? A vampire should be able to drink from anyone without permission shouldn't it? And it would be great if werewolves could have permanent packs!

:(

The sims2 were more dangerous and more classic, they were more like dracula than the dam Twilight creature. Also werewolfs had fur. The vampires could drink from anyone cuz they used hypnose.The robots also were more useful and the zombies were controllable and permanent,also they could do normal interactions.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow that's awesome and they even have a tail! Great for starts and could use better details in the future ;)

MTS_NovaL-607779-werewolf.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am going to bump this since we know a little more about Sims 4, I would like to know how you guys would like the werewolves to be.

Like with the new look of Sims 4, how do you think the werewolves will look, and what do you want them to look like?
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited September 2013
    In short, I don't want the glowy eyes in human form. I second the permanent wolf packs particularly if your sim is the one doing the turning of other sims. I also think when the moon is full that the werewolf should be in total wolf form til about midnight or so and if they have a high enough experience/skill level they can do the wolfman form. Otherwise, I don't want to see a wolfman form where the werewolf is still able to pay bills, make dinner and the like. I also want them to be able to hunt, but not for collectibles. Actually be part of their pack and hunt down some deer. Don't have to make it all bloody so the rating goes up. Could even use the covering cloud as the pack and the deer fight til the end. If the deer wins he gets away and the pack has another two hour wait before hunting again. Or the pack wins and they get to eat the deer. Don't have to see the blood and guts on their face. Just hunger need increases and they get like a stuffed type of moodlet or something.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    SimiLova wrote:
    In short, I don't want the glowy eyes in human form. I second the permanent wolf packs particularly if your sim is the one doing the turning of other sims. I also think when the moon is full that the werewolf should be in total wolf form til about midnight or so and if they have a high enough experience/skill level they can do the wolfman form. Otherwise, I don't want to see a wolfman form where the werewolf is still able to pay bills, make dinner and the like. I also want them to be able to hunt, but not for collectibles. Actually be part of their pack and hunt down some deer. Don't have to make it all bloody so the rating goes up. Could even use the covering cloud as the pack and the deer fight til the end. If the deer wins he gets away and the pack has another two hour wait before hunting again. Or the pack wins and they get to eat the deer. Don't have to see the blood and guts on their face. Just hunger need increases and they get like a stuffed type of moodlet or something.

I like your idea, but I think the Wolfman form should probably still be able to do some normal sim interactions, but then there should be the wolf form that would essentially be played like a dog.

I also agree they should not have glowing eyes in human form, one of my favorite things in Sims 2 was that I didn't know a sim was a werewolf until they changed at night.
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited September 2013
    dmel25 wrote:
    SimiLova wrote:

I like your idea, but I think the Wolfman form should probably still be able to do some normal sim interactions, but then there should be the wolf form that would essentially be played like a dog.

I also agree they should not have glowing eyes in human form, one of my favorite things in Sims 2 was that I didn't know a sim was a werewolf until they changed at night.

True, there could be some normal things when in wolfman form. But still have like a bit of a wild nature to it. Like maybe if having a skill 6 werewolf be able to turn wolfman or wolf. But only allow them to ravage the trash, fridge, etc. But not be able to sit down and finish writing a book or something, ya know? Like still be more in touch with the wild wolf part of things and to try and get them to do normal sim stuff would have them become confused. Maybe even angry if you try and get them to do non-wolf like things. I agree about the wolf form. Hence being able to run with your wolf pack and hunt wildlife.

Exactly. I have to move the eye color shade way down to darker shades to try and keep their eyes from being so "glowy" looking, even though they still do behind glasses. I wouldn't be opposed to their eyes changing to the wolf shade when the sim is angry, startled, or stressed though. But regularly when they are ok, nope want em normal.