Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea For Better Working Towns In TS4

I've noticed that no matter what town you move your Sim into that the town falls apart after the first generation. Families die out, and replaced by others with weird names, ugly clothes, and the same exact face (all of them!). I think that throughout the game in TS4, there should be all of these families that move into town that EA made. These families have stories just like the existing families. They also have variety and a sense of style. Until they move in, EA has them tucked away somewhere. So premades would move in every once in a while instead of weird clones. What are some ideas you guys have?

Comments

• Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited July 2013
    :)Make it so we could pick who we want to stay in the town from the start of new game. :)
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I wish we could decide the default clothing and coloring of clothing at least for 10 articles for females and 10 for males so they don't look so darn out of place when you do a themed world X /

And default NPCs pool for NPC spwaning items. Anyone get fat, balding, old men for bartenders? or fat trashy looking females? so goes well in my classy joint : /
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope they do a better job with story progression in the next one. I would like to not use any mods.

Personally I get a kick out of the townies that are randomly dressed but I know I'm in the minority.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope they do a better job with story progression in the next one. I would like to not use any mods.

Personally I get a kick out of the townies that are randomly dressed but I know I'm in the minority.

I delete them or redress them myself :P
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited July 2013
    What I hate is all the fantasy-themed clothing that looks totally out of place in most worlds. You see townies wearing them and it's too much bother to change each one of them as you find them.

I actually don't like anything fantasy related (vampires, fairies, zombies, werewolves), it makes the game too childish in my opinion. I'd prefer it if all clothing was more casual.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would prefer that the pool for sims moving into town wasn't created by EA at all. It would be a lot better if the sims were taken from the sim bin if there are unused families in there. Or they could generate new sims based on sims that have been saved to the bin before.

For example, you make a blonde bombshell sim and save her to your bin. The game needs a new female sim and the game takes that saved sim but makes her a redhead with totally different clothes and even a different eye colour. You would at least recognize her as a sim that fits into your sim world because she looks proper!

I don't really mind the crazy outfits that randomly generated sims can end up with--I just fix them or even leave them in that stuff, since they are townies after all :lol:

I definitely don't need EA pushing more "Pre-Mades with Stories" into my town. I can make up my own stories and I really prefer it that way. We have enough pre-mades as it is. I generally destroy them all as soon as I get a new town. I really would prefer that randomly generated sims be based off of sims we've created and saved to the bin before.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2013
    Personalluy, I think the Sims that move in should be randomized and not premades. I use the randomizer a lot and there are certainly some... interesting results but at least they don't look the same.

I also wish that all clothing and accessories had a 'hide' option like the premade houses and families do in the bin. And once hidden, neither you nor the game should be able to use them.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am quite sure that towns will work much better in the Sims 4 because there is no way that EA will allow the same problems again already in the basegame!

The problem for me is how EA will avoid them. There are two possibilities:

1. To improve the game engine so much that this alone solves the problem.
    2. If 1. doesn't give a satisfactory game to work on for the team then they will probably switch from the open neighborhood to something else (which won't necessarily be the Sims 2 way either).
  • Options
    rachel270692rachel270692 Posts: 526 Member
    edited July 2013
    All I hope is i dont see another person who is all out of shape because they are wearing the wrong gender or age clothes, it was funny at first but seeing a toddler watching around with arms above there heads, or people in badly made looking centaurs outfits was annoying after a bit. I know they was clothes made by people not by EA but still I wish they would make it so they are not open ended and have to pick an age for no clothes will ever fit all gender or age at the same time.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes, after the first generation, the town turns to crap. I don't know, it makes me like the setup of TS2 more when I see that.

They definitely need to fix story progression with the next game and make sure it is flawless. It's bad enough years in TS3, people are still using a mod to get it working right. And the ending of TS3 is right around the corner as well.

In addition to fixing story progression, I'd like them to bring "out of town" Sims to populate community lots/venues. I feel it would be a lot better than going to a community lot, having the town stop what it's doing, and going to that lot you're at. It makes it feel like everything revolves around your Sim, which I don't like. The locals should live at their own pace and not immediately jump to a lot because you're there.

This would also fix the empty community lots/venues people have dreaded with TS3.

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,994 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed that no matter what town you move your Sim into that the town falls apart after the first generation. Families die out, and replaced by others with weird names, ugly clothes, and the same exact face (all of them!). I think that throughout the game in TS4, there should be all of these families that move into town that EA made. These families have stories just like the existing families. They also have variety and a sense of style. Until they move in, EA has them tucked away somewhere. So premades would move in every once in a while instead of weird clones. What are some ideas you guys have?

Shadecaster101,

There are multiple problems with that. It would make every EP and store town take longer to make, and EA couldn't make an indefinite number of new Sims for each town. It would simply delay the problem you're talking for at most a few generations. Also I want a large number of sims living in the town to start with, so it doesn't feel empty. I don't want them to wait a couple of generations to show up. Also, when I do play towns with story progression on, I don't have an issue with the Sims that move in normally. The only problem would be if I'm playing a town that has a very specific theme, and than most the Sims moving in probably wouldn't fit the theme. Other than that the only problems I've had with story progression in TS3 are that its too slow for empty worlds and it usually doesn't reach a high enough population density for the world not to feel empty. I almost always end up with lots of homes with multiple bedrooms but only one sim living in each of them.