Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big life guard career problem..

Hi!

My sim is a life guard.
But on the days he has to work he doesn't get jobs to perform.
He can't survey the beach and can't rescue people!

Is there anyone else with this problem?
Or is there anyone who know how to solve this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2013
    You should be able to click on any beach and choose the Spawn Job option. I think you need to enable cheats first. Once you've successfully spawned a job, you should be able to click on it to accept.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    elenakostakielenakostaki Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it.. it's frustrating cause I was looking forward my sim becoming a lifeguard...anyway I will try the previus suggested solution hoping it will work.. thanks :)
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2013
    You can go to City Hall to get lifeguard assignments.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited June 2013
    I had that problem. I had to make her quit, moved her out if her house and moved her back in again and now it works.
  • Options
    NZsThumbelindaNZsThumbelinda Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is happening to me too :(

I even tried making her quit, moving them out then back in and still no luck... Anyone else have any luck with anything?
  • Options
    elenakostakielenakostaki Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I also tried moving out and then in but it din't work..stil no solution.. if anyone knows wht is going on please help~~~~~~` :?:
  • Options
    Sophietje123Sophietje123 Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    I tried everything what you guys said in the comments, but unfortunately nothing works:(!

Hope EA will fix it with a new patch or something..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ah man no luck yet :(

Sucks because my Sim has the uncharted islands LTW and that's the last one she needs to get! Guess I'll give up for now until it's fixed :(
  • Options
    Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2013
    My sim had the same problem. I think it was the bug that started when they introduced career outfits in CAS. As soon as I created a second work outfit for her, the opportunities started to spawn. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oooo thanks! I will try that out tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    ghail18ghail18 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem with mine. Did you say you have to type in the cheat first for it to trigger the spawn? Which cheat? I'm really getting frustrated because I have tried removing all the mods I have and made her do other jobs and took lifeguard again but still no luck.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    ghail18 wrote:
    I have the same problem with mine. Did you say you have to type in the cheat first for it to trigger the spawn? Which cheat? I'm really getting frustrated because I have tried removing all the mods I have and made her do other jobs and took lifeguard again but still no luck.
    testingcheatsenabled true then right click or shift+ctrl click (can't remember exactly which)
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2013
    Alizatina wrote:
    ghail18 wrote:
    testingcheatsenabled true then right click or shift+ctrl click (can't remember exactly which)

It's shift click. So you type in the cheat, like she said. Then you hold down the shift key and click on the beach and the option should pop up. :)
  • Options
    AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2013
    Alizatina wrote:
    ghail18 wrote:

It's shift click. So you type in the cheat, like she said. Then you hold down the shift key and click on the beach and the option should pop up. :)

I have the same problem, I tried this thing with "spawn job", but when I click+shift on the beach or on the icon of the beach gives me only the option to visit it:( And I did type testingcheatsenabled true. :( ?
  • Options
    rusty1411rusty1411 Posts: 629 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I have to same problem, she would get her striped, but she never got to do anything at the job and it never sent her to a beach. I ended up just having her quit and moved on.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rusty1411 wrote:
    I have to same problem, she would get her striped, but she never got to do anything at the job and it never sent her to a beach. I ended up just having her quit and moved on.

Same here :(
  • Options
    gingerbillgingerbill Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2013
    this is certainly the most buggiest EP by miles for me. Not really had any problems with any other EP but this one. Well except Bridgeport and its silly elevators.
  • Options
    powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Alizatina wrote:
    ghail18 wrote:

then click on the beach and spawn job and then click survey beach

• Options
    edited July 2013
    powerhouse wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:
    ghail18 wrote:

But what if it doesn't give you the option to spawn job or survey the beach, even though I typed in testingcheatsenabled true ? :(
  • Options
    mds424mds424 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2013
    If you checked into a resort, it automatically gives you vacation days and doesn't spawn jobs. It took me a few Sim days to notice it. Just a thought in case anyone else hadn't noticed!
  • Options
    rochele65rochele65 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I have a similar problem. When it's time to go to work I DO get the icon for what beach to visit. When I go to that beach and click on the ground to "survey" the action pops up then disappears. It shows that my Sim is missing work when she is there. Sims will show up and I can save them from drowning and do CPR.Once we(the sim I saved and my sim)walk out of the water they both freeze. I have to cancel the action to keep playing.The only way I can get her to "survey" is to click on a Lifeguard chair.I added a Lifeguard chair to the beaches that didn't have one and they work also. I am only getting work experience when saving a Sim so advancing to the next lvl has been very slow.I play abuot 5 hours a day and she's still lvl 1. If there is a fix for this please let me know. I don't use mods and my PC is above the requirements.
  • Options
    DarknessChosenDarknessChosen Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2013
    powerhouse wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:
    ghail18 wrote:

I had testingcheatsenabled true on (I usually do), but there wasn't an option to spawn job at the beach. Although, I don't even know if my Sim was at the right beach, because I've never gotten a notification telling me which beach to go to. :/
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited July 2013
    Same issue!!!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed clearing cache files from Sims 3 folder makes a huge difference in IP. It might be worth trying that to see if it helps.
  • Options
    greenusmarine53greenusmarine53 Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    One thing to be aware of, for anyone else showing up here this late in the game, is that you cannot be on the beach itself, i.e. teleport or just walking on to it, and then try and make them survey. For instance, I teleport just off the beach property lines and then except the job. The sim then just runs down to the beach and starts surveying. Haven't had an issue with it since I figured that out.

Now, if I could just figure out how to make the little bas%&%ds stop snorkeling when I want them to, I'd be a happier camper.