Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon worry

Just checked their website and it says those who use express delivery will get it on Saturday 29th June. Does that mean no one will get it on the 28th then?

Comments

• Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would assume that means people who choose express delivery and order today. I think some people were posting from the UK that they already had it from amazon yesterday even though the release date was today. Although I wouldn't put it past them. I preordered from amazon ages ago and I still haven't got the email to say its dispatched :\

but if yours has already been dispatched you probably will get it today :)
  • Options
    MadsunnyMadsunny Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2013
    I also ordered with amazon and it said i would recieve today..and the postman has been and gone..:(((...this is not a happy day!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actaully im a bit devestated..i rung amazon and they are unable to track the order..which means ill be getting it tomorrow or monday now :(
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    I used first class post and mine has arrived, hope you get yours too
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine came today too :)
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    ItsMariyaItsMariya Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    I pre-ordered mine on 7th June, and I got an email saying they have despatched Island Paradise yesterday, I'm hoping it does come today, Postman should be here within the next 20 minutes!

And you may have confused yourself, Only the people who have not pre-ordered Island Paradise yet, and if they order it and click express delivery, they will get it for tomorrow, so hopefully your's comes today :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I pre-ordered mine about a month ago..first class..showed dispatched yesterday morning..post man has been and gone ages ago..nothing :((
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really? :( You may get it tomorrow or Monday :L

We pay extra money, we should be guaranteed to get the product on the day we want it, quite frustrating at times,

But then again it's not amazon's fault
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No it's those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 royal mail!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah!

Postman's been and gone! No game,

I am quite annoyed at Royal Mail for not delivering it today! :L

Should be here tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is why I got fed up with using Amazon for my sims' games! I've used Asda Direct for the last two EP's and not only are they cheaper than Amazon, on both occasions my games turned up a day early, on the Thursday! They dispatch them on the Wednesday (and email you to let you know) so release day delivery is guaranteed. Much better service :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ive used amazon for everything, however I am changing that now, Any games that i'll pre-order will be done by The sims 3 original website or even stores like asda. I am really gutted i am not gonna be able to play island paradise today :(
  • Options
    bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am still waiting for the postman
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm still waiting too..Although my post delivery is always all over the place, never the same time so hopefully I will have it within the next hour or two. If you guys paid Amazon for release day delivery and didn't get it, ask for your postage costs to be refunded as they did that before when my game arrived late.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I was thinking that too, I am going to tell him to refund my postage cost, Hopefully you two get Island Paradise today!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine arrived from Amazon at 11.00 A.M. today! Post man just came down my garden path as I got back from walking my Dogs.Just finished installing, registering and down loading the survival pack... time to try it out..

Good luck everyone, hope yours arrive soon too.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That's good! Enjoy Island Paradise!
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine arrived from Amazon at 11.00 A.M. today! Post man just came down my garden path as I got back from walking my Dogs.Just finished installing, registering and down loading the survival pack... time to try it out..

Good luck everyone, hope yours arrive soon too.

Mine arrived at 1pm. :)

It's now installing!
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2013
    ItsMariya wrote:
    Any games that i'll pre-order will be done by The sims 3 original website

Don't rely on that - that's what i did and they dispatched it Wednesday night (got the email about 7pm) and it's not here - postman been and gone no game...i pre-ordered it in April ;(
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine just arrived!! :D Gonna install now! So excited! Hope everyone else's still arrives today
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2013
    Amazon never gets stuff on the day of the release I find, although they are good at around about time dispatch. I will be ordering from Asda I think for sims games in the future. I had the same problem as you guys but if you guys are willing to pay extra money, you might be able to get your game with the evening post if you order now. Originally, I ordered in May, first class, and yesterday it said it would come on saturday. I cancelled my order and then reordered the same game but with next day delivery. It came today. Yay! So I think, if you guys cancel and then reorder really soon (not sure the cut off time, make sure it says so before you cancel your old order)you should get it today.
  • Options
    besca147besca147 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Madsunny wrote:
    I also ordered with amazon and it said i would recieve today..and the postman has been and gone..:(((...this is not a happy day!!

Ditto. I got an email saying it had been despatched yesterday and would arrive today... Other post arrived but not this. :x
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think it depends on where you are and whether the parcel has arrived at your local Royal Mail, what do you guys think?
  • Options
    MurlMurl Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine STILL says 'dispatching now'. How long does it take to put a game in a box and print a postal address?! :evil:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully everyone who did not receive it today, will get it for tomorrow, like myself.

Or we just have to wait till Monday which i think is ludicrous that we have to wait even though we put extra money in to make sure we get island paradise for today which Royal Mail failed some of us