Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LifeGuard in action (Video)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited June 2013
    The best part? He got 103$ for saving her. You don't get PAID for EVERY person you save in real life. What a 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

Lifeguard: "Well I hope some of these people start drowning so I can get paid today"
  • Options
    afpickrenafpickren Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2013
    indyChick wrote:
    Seriously? This isn't even playable in my opinion.

I actually agree.
    It takes way too long to wade into the water, first of all. Someone needs to make a mod to remove that crap. And then let's calmly stare at the drowning person for a few seconds before throwing them a raft. OK.
    Origin ID: TitanSimmer
    Twitter: TitanSimmer
    Tumblr: TitanSimmer
  • Options
    Tigger19Tigger19 Posts: 1,516 New Member
    edited June 2013
    :lol: That's actually hilarious! He stood and watched her for a while before dipping his toes into the water and slowly going out, never mind the other two women who started to drown at the exact same part of the water :lol: I was going to have my sim become a lifeguard as well... nevermind :P
  • Options
    Goldenguy10Goldenguy10 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2013
    The Sims 3 new motto: "Play With Death". Drown, get eaten by shark, cave monster kill, out of oxygen, etc.

:cry:

I'm sorry but, I don't spend hours creating cool sims in CAS just so they can killed off by ridiculous gameplay and turned into stupid transparent ghosts. This is really getting out of control.

Not only that but also wasting sim traits just so they can survive the game, autonomously.
  • Options
    afpickrenafpickren Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2013
    Elocin wrote:
    How can any of those people on that team play test the Life Guard profession and say - YES! Perfect! Tiptoe into the water and hey...why not have EVERYONE drown when they swim. Perfect!

EXACTLY. What the heck are they thinking -_-
    Origin ID: TitanSimmer
    Twitter: TitanSimmer
    Tumblr: TitanSimmer
  • Options
    ArionthompsonArionthompson Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    Hi i tweeted graham and he said that sims will run in the water once they a higher profession level so they wont tiptoe all the time :) I HAVE PROOF :) pic.twitter.com/F2NsSzeZOz
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi i tweeted graham and he said that sims will run in the water once they a higher profession level so they wont tiptoe all the time :) I HAVE PROOF :) pic.twitter.com/F2NsSzeZOz

Well, that's good news. :)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    4BritishEyesOnly4BritishEyesOnly Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    Well now that's just stupid.

Oh well. That's not one of the aspects of the game I was particularly looking forward to anyway.
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think that the only reason why the sims drown the second they step foot into the water is because it's a Profession and since they are jobs that require the player to do something, you get a bunch of drowning sims to save :D

Kind of like when you have a doctor sim and they hold those vaccinations and you have like 15 sims at once and then a bunch get tired of waiting and leave, but in this case they just drown.
  • Options
    alicajaskoalicajasko Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, when i first saw that link in this thread, i was like: Good, i am gonna try out this new career, so new info about gameplay would be fine, but when i watched the whole video, i just started laughing so much :D and that music in the background...that was too much for me :D i really couldn't help laughing...but seriously, if the lifeguard career looks like this, it sucks for me... Lets just hope, that this was really special video and this career is much better. :)
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited June 2013

That should be good news but it's not...Sims should start out running from the beginning! I mean, COME ONNN. Any lifeguard who starts out tiptoeing in the water and ignoring half the Sims like that in real life would be immediately fired.

This video is pathetic and unrealistic. Bummer.