Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

I knew what I was doing when I updated the patch. Ah, why do I have such an addiction to mods?! Now I'm forced to wait until later for updated mods to be posted. **** me and my impatiences!

I recently found out that I need those select core-mods in order to successfully create sims.

On that note, I will spend my time cleaning out my CC and probably downloading 10x more in return :lol:

The addiction is real.
Is there cc rehab?

On another note, I cannot wait for the release of IP! The release will probably give me a heart attack... yeah :shock:

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    As much as I want that shiny, new ladder, I am totally holding off on the patch (and probably the IP download) because of my cc. I just finished getting everything nicely packed back into the mods drawers after the last big UL update and I hate to start over again just yet. I sure hope that it will be a piece of cake for twallan, et al. to make everything compatible, but I fear otherwise.
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2013
    Seriously. I think like a few weeks ago I restored my computer to the factory settings which made me have to reinstall EVERYTHING! I didn't install all my games though just because I got lazy :lol: still to this day I am holding off.

But yeah, hopefully it is a piece of cake for Twallan because (not to sound selfish) but his mods are the rock to my game lol.

And I'm cleaning out my cc because I always find I'm downloading stuff that I don't end up using, or like occasionally I'll download a hair that doesn't show up right, or it looks weird. At least it's a time killer :XD:
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have all my stuff on my laptop as well as my desktop. I keep no mods on my laptop, just for checking out new content and patches. I really have to remember not to download it on my desktop. I accidently did that with Seasons and I hated having to wait until the mods were updated. Twallan updates really quickly but I also had others that took a while. I feel your pain. I did that in Sims 2 and I reinstalled everything so I could play. I was a little more addicted to Sims 2 than Sims 3.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I took out my mods folder and downloaded the patch. I put the folder back in and have been playing the game fine. Mods seem to work just fine. I use only nraas mods like master controller, story progression, and a few others. So you might be ok.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Well I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I took out my mods folder and downloaded the patch. I put the folder back in and have been playing the game fine. Mods seem to work just fine. I use only nraas mods like master controller, story progression, and a few others. So you might be ok.

Twallan said that MC and SP (among others) could cause CTD (crash to desktop) on his initial decompiling/analysis. So I'm holding off on the patch till I know that my must-have mods are up to date. I'll probably install it on Monday since most of my mods will be done by then; I'm going out of town for a few days starting tomorrow so will be away from my Simming computer anyway.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2013
    i'm waiting for Twallan mods!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @Colorist40 Lucky you! I would try that, but I already deleted the "expired" mods lol. For mods, I just Twallan's MC, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and Decensor, but I also had the XCAS one for the tattoos in more places which needs to be updated because after I deleted Twallan's from my game, it didn't load until I removed XCAS.

I know Twallan has a few mods that work regardless of the new patches, but because idk what he does to them, I just wait until he updates them so I can be reckless again :mrgreen:

Btw, I tried story progression before, I didn't really understand it though. All I remember is that it came with an awful lot of notifications about other sims :shock:

@Michellehilbrand I wish I had both a desktop and laptop. I just play on my laptop. I hope to save up for a desktop though, I want to put together my own so there's no/less complications.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2013
    I will probably wait on downloading the patch until Twallan has MC and SP up and running with the new patch.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't know how Twallan does it, how he can keep up with all his mods and updates and stuff. High five to him!
  • Options
    Suzanne2009asimSuzanne2009asim Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2013
    yep I crashed big time every time and the only mods I use are NRAAS, I am done with mods though reinstalling everything now will take a long time but no more mods for me but NRAAS is great , love the story progression and the added traits but its not worth it no more for me to have to do a clean install cause no matter what I wind up having to do it .
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    Suzanne, in the future, you can keep the mods and the patch if you just wait to patch until after the mods are updated. (Turn off automatic updating and wait until you're ready.)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know what you are going through with the CC hair and all not looking right in the game. I went through the samething with ladies' hats in Sims 2. Those hats were CC's from the exchange. Some of those hats wouldn't show up at all, and the ones that did made my females look as if they had this big ugly looking collar around their necks. So I had made a note to self back before 3 was launched. That note was that I was not going to download any CC's with Sims 3 from any outside sources.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2013
    lizmac21 wrote:
    i'm waiting for Twallan mods!!!

^^This^^

The game is virtually unplayable without Overwatch imo
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to know where to find the ladder I don't see one although my game said it successfully updated with the patch.
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2013
    Looks like Overwatch has been updated folks :)
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited June 2013
    biglil711 wrote:
    I would just like to know where to find the ladder I don't see one although my game said it successfully updated with the patch.

I haven't updated yet but I thought it would probably be in the stairs category of build mode? If you have already looked there then I'm sorry.. and I hope someone finds it! :lol:
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found the ladder and I am having so much fun making a house in Sunlit Tides out over the water..Can't wait for next Tuesday for the rest of the goodies!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Can't wait until MasterController is updated so I can create sims again!

For now, I'm stuck creating houses (which I don't think I'm very good at) but practice makes acceptance (not perfect because I end up accepting the fact that I suck :lol: )
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2013
    biglil711 wrote:
    I don't believe that the ladders came in the new patch, but in the game itself. When it comes out this coming Tuesday. If the ladders did come in the new patch. They are likely to be in with spiral staircases in build mode. I have downloaded the new patch, I just haven't played the game with it yet. So I'm just guessing here. :D
  • Options
    tanya7768tanya7768 Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ladders came with patch under stairs in build mode.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If you read the patch descriptions, it tells you what comes with the Patch.

And ladders do come with it, they are in fact under spiral staircases lol
  • Options
    LunellagirlLunellagirl Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't checked out any of the new stuff with the patch yet. Trying to fix the new glitches. I was playing a legacy family in Sunset Valley Sims University and I noticed that the relationships were missing from the relationships panel and also the family tree. It showed my sims as "dead" in the family tree when they were alive. Actions kept getting canceled randomly when they were studying or taking an exam.
  • Options
    TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited June 2013
    The ladder is in the build mode with the stairs.

And my game is Ok right now. My cc is ok but it did crash last night while I was saving. Maybe because I saved while in map mode.
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    edited June 2013
    I hardly even use mods cause it crash's my game sometimes...
  • Options
    blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2013
    I tried to install all my MODS yesterday, but the game crashed. Then I installed only the core ones and it works fine...this includes story progression, master controller, and debug enabler. I didn't remove any CC, and they installed fine. I did have one bad save, but that was it. I haven't updated my mods yet.

As to the ladder...I was really excited! It looks awesome. You just have to insure there is space (either to the left or right of the ladder) so that the Sim can climb up and down it. Haven't really checked out any other features since I'm in the middle of a foundation build contest.

So far, so good :mrgreen: Can't wait for IP next week. Holding off on building any permanent legacies/homes because I want to check out the new world. Hopefully,I will like it! :P