Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think there should be a pre-teen age?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    No thanks. Like someone else said, it wouldn't really add much to the game and would be taking away from other things that could be put in.
    How are you in all the threads I read?It's just scary! :shock: :shock:
    I'm all for pre-teens,we need some sort of "too old for toys,too young for boys" age and no school->grade school->high school is just unrealistic!

I'm here a lot....sorry if that scares you :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    Um, no thanks. I just don't see the point. What would this new life stage add to the game?

People say they'd like it so younger kids can get crushes. Why not just add them to the child stage? It's so under-developed anyway, even with all the EPs.

Another person said preteens can have part time jobs. So if we give them jobs AND romantic interactions, how would that be any different than the teen stage? Sorry, I don't see the point of having two child stages or two teenager stages. I'd rather have them advance the stages we already have, rather than add another just so it's more realistic.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2013
    No, I just don't think there are enough interactions or things for them to do. I'd rather they fleshed out babies, toddlers and elders more.
  • Options
    CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think it could be good to add, because it's weird to make a jump from looking eight or so to fifteen, especially when a lot of development is happening then! Whenever I want to make a sim who's, say twelve, I can't decide whether to make them a child or teen because they're directly in the middle. They won't act or look like kids, exactly, but they sure can't drive, either. If there's one age group they add, I really hope it's this one.
    vmBGbsG.png
  • Options
    CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2013
    Whoops, double post, sorry.
    vmBGbsG.png
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm pro gradual maturity within the 7 life stages that we have. Not just for the kids. But also for the adults. I mean I love the mid-life crisis aspect from Generations for adults. But I think maybe a few days closer to becoming an elder they should have mid-life stuff going on than as soon as they turn into adults. But as this thread is about pre-teen stages and what not. I would like to see some gradual pre-teen like behaviors around the time the child is like 3 days away from becoming a teen. And even in the first 2 to 3 days of them becoming a teen. As another poster said moving away from toys, autonomous actions where they play with their phones, have more parties, more pranks or sleep overs. And as they are midway through teen stage or even a few days away from becoming a YA, they want to have jobs, focus more on college and serious relationships maybe.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    That awkward moment when you think you really had a great idea and every one ignores it with no feedback whatsoever, not even a 'I don't like that idea'. Oh well, I like it apparently. 8)

Good Job Deshong! :thumbup: :lol:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2013
    It's a good idea, but I feel (like a lot of people on here) that it would draw attention away from the detailing of the life stages The Sims already has. I mean, look how long it took to get more interactions for children and teens, with Generations. Plus, I just don't see what a sim would do during their preteen stage. I feel like it would just be an awkward mesh of the child and teen stages, with nothing to really make it unique or independent from the other stages- nothing more than a transition, like the baby stage, where all they do is age.

If you want preteens in the game in order to make it more realistic, then I understand, since I like a good bit of realism in mine. But as far as actually implementing it into The Sims 4, I'm not sure the team is going to go for it.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited June 2013
    ianbennett wrote:
    It's a good idea, but I feel (like a lot of people on here) that it would draw attention away from the detailing of the life stages The Sims already has. I mean, look how long it took to get more interactions for children and teens, with Generations. Plus, I just don't see what a sim would do during their preteen stage. I feel like it would just be an awkward mesh of the child and teen stages, with nothing to really make it unique or independent from the other stages- nothing more than a transition, like the baby stage, where all they do is age.

If you want preteens in the game in order to make it more realistic, then I understand, since I like a good bit of realism in mine. But as far as actually implementing it into The Sims 4, I'm not sure the team is going to go for it.

Well here are some ideas (alterative ideas can start near becoming teen)
    deliver catolgues and babysit the kids of the parents' friends.

school dances

cliques?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited June 2013
    I'm a yes. The gap between Teen and Child is huge in my mind. :).
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    ianbennett wrote:

Well here are some ideas (alterative ideas can start near becoming teen)
    deliver catolgues and babysit the kids of the parents' friends.

school dances

cliques?

Teens can already do most if not all of these. (Except deliver catalogs, which I don't think would really add much to the game IMO)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    sammie512sammie512 Posts: 10,211 Member
    edited June 2013
    I definitely agree, the change from children to teen is way to sudden!